• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Running into your day job boss

JimS

I work for a large firm in this area. With lots of clients using the airport, not to mention the huge number of employees we have, I got thinking...

Has anyone run into their boss or a work colleague while Ubering?

D Town

Nope but I make no secret of my moonlighting activities so it wouldn't phase me. I'd damn sure would expect a tip though.

Desert Driver

I've run into clients of mine. In fact, on two occasions I have even picked up clients of my consulting business at their homes.

Uber Kraus

The guy one time who I did a few deals with before he threatened to sue me. He couldn't remember who I was which made the conversation very interesting for me

One one of my first nights I picked up a guy that was in a training class with me from my office job. It took each of us a minute to figure out where we knew each other from. Shared a laugh over what a small valley this is (Silicon Valley).

Another Uber Driver

I picked up an old GF once. I did not recognise her, at first, but she recognised me right away. I carried her. I did cancel the trip so that she did not get charged, though.

Another Uber Driver

^^^I did not feel right making her pay me. It is just me, I guess.^^^^^^^^^

If you want to know what is really curious: when I was a Company Official, I would not call my own company if I wanted a cab for personal use. The drivers would not accept my money. I used to go out onto the street and hail one. If I saw one of my cabs' coming, I would put down my hand until he passed.

D Town

^^^I did not feel right making her pay me. It is just me, I guess.^^^^^^^^^

If you want to know what is really curious: when I was a Company Official, I would not call my own company if I wanted a cab for personal use. The drivers would not accept my money. I used to go out onto the street and hail one. If I saw one of my cabs' coming, I would put down my hand until he passed.
To each his own. We all have our personal quarks.

Fuzzyelvis

I work for a large firm in this area. With lots of clients using the airport, not to mention the huge number of employees we have, I got thinking...

Has anyone run into their boss or a work colleague while Ubering?
No but I've delivered pizza to a few of them. All tipped. But then most tip for pizza.

Ubrdude123

I once picked up my UPS driver, at night.. Headed to shoot pool and booze w some buddies..
We both shared a chuckle when we realized who we were.

BurbanMommy

The guy one time who I did a few deals with before he threatened to sue me. He couldn't remember who I was which made the conversation very interesting for me
Honestly, lol, he probably didn't recognize you simply out of context. People tend to overlook service folks, maids, taxi drivers, waitstaff, while attending to their "lives". I have been an high level EA for years, worked with quite a few now national politicians and whenever I run into them they rarely give me the "you're familiar" look. Only one did. Ever.

I worked with one former mayor who knew me by name due to the amount of time I worked with him and his staff. Three months later at my night job I waited on he and his family. He had NO CLUE who I was. His son, about 7 at the time, however was like HI!!!! lol.