Running Both LYFT and UBER App on Android 10 [Overlay]

Ahmado

Android 10 is here and google is moving towards getting rid of app overlay feature

This feature is good for running two apps like Uber & Lyft

Uber have updated their app to work with Android 10

But Lyft has not updated their app yet
I missed many pings recently because of missing this feature

Currently I'm using multitasking both apps
But no night mode and half screen is bright, like it's 2020 Apple got night mode and Lyft still behind!!!

51C1D00F-8992-4465-AB6B-08378DC22FE0.jpeg

la pulga

Cheap Uber driver. I have the new iPhone 11 running the Uber app. And note 10 running the Lyft app. We make so much money...don't be cheap

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I have the new iPhone 11 running the Uber app. And note 10 running the Lyft app. We make so much money...don't be cheap
I want to upgrade, my battery life is starting to become tiresome. But I priced out the new iPhone11 Pro (small sized screen, not big phablet size) and it basically came to C$1800. Seriously. I cannot justify an upgrade, even with the 26% discount (Tax Write Off).

phreeradical

I want to upgrade, my battery life is starting to become tiresome. But I priced out the new iPhone11 Pro (small sized screen, not big phablet size) and it basically came to C$1800. Seriously. I cannot justify an upgrade, even with the 26% discount (Tax Write Off).
But it runs on electrons! You like that lol

Kurt Halfyard

Author
But it runs on electrons! You like that lol
I will rise to the bait here.

Cars have active, cooling, management systems to maintain battery life for a decade or more, if the temperature is controlled, lithium cells last much, much longer.
Mobile Phones have none of this, and the heat from charging them up slowly degrades the lithium cells. I think Samsung/Google/Apple are just fine with the 2-3 year upgrade cycle they have saddled their users with. I try to keep my phones 3 years. But it is almost always battery life (not dropping/breaking or new phone features (camera, speed, etc.) that make me upgrade.

phreeradical

I will rise to the bait here.

Cars have active, cooling, management systems to maintain battery life for a decade or more, if the temperature is controlled, lithium cells last much, much longer.
Mobile Phones have none of this, and the heat from charging them up slowly degrades the lithium cells. I think Samsung/Google/Apple are just fine with the 2-3 year upgrade cycle they have saddled their users with. I try to keep my phones 3 years. But it is almost always battery life (not dropping/breaking or new phone features (camera, speed, etc.) that make me upgrade.
You should market cooling cell cases!
If it takes off I would enjoy a royalty ?

Ahmado

Cheap Uber driver. I have the new iPhone 11 running the Uber app. And note 10 running the Lyft app. We make so much money...don't be cheap
Don't worry i have 3 phones and two ipads

But android is much better with running both apps.
Also android lyft app let see destination quickly "there is button for it" unlike iPhone you gotta zoom out to see it

I sent feedback to Google, if no reply i will start using my ipad pro 11 for rideshare
Probably i won't see tips at all
Post automatically merged:

What are you talking about? Is this Uber related? We are not developers.
Don't underestimate Uber drivers
We run through algorithms every day

/////
Got Lyft ping
Here is example
2D71AC6F-CC90-4A4E-940A-D0428099936D.jpeg

That click isn't available on iPhone

3A1257BA-2146-43F1-AC49-F639E06248BF.jpeg

Time is ticking
No show ?

Last edited:

hooj

Don't worry i have 3 phones and two ipads

But android is much better with running both apps.
Also android lyft app let see destination quickly "there is button for it" unlike iPhone you gotta zoom out to see it

I sent feedback to Google, if no reply i will start using my ipad pro 11 for rideshare
Probably i won't see tips at all

Don't underestimate Uber drivers
We run through algorithms every day

/////
Got Lyft ping
Here is example
View attachment 368778
That click isn't available on iPhone

View attachment 368780

Time is ticking