Ruined job chances.

Iamfoodgod

Just failed a FedEx ground obstacle test today. So close to getting out, guess I'm still stuck doing Ubereats for a living. :frown:

Anyone happen to know how long before I can retake the test? I was too depressed when they told me I didn't cut it to hear anything after that.

Christinebitg

Just failed a FedEx ground obstacle test today. So close to getting out, guess I'm still stuck doing Ubereats for a living. :frown:

Anyone happen to know how long before I can retake the test? I was too depressed when they told me I didn't cut it to hear anything after that.
Sorry to hear it.

What does the test consist of? I've considered trying to get that job for just in the fall.

Iamfoodgod

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry to hear it.

What does the test consist of? I've considered trying to get that job for just in the fall.
Well, just drive the Box truck around 5 cones serpentine style 12 times,6 in reverse 6 forward. Fail if hit 1 cone or if you change gears to adjust. Know that they place the cones barely a little over the length of your truck. So... don't oversteer, not even once :p

But hey I found out not all tests given are the same. Some guys just say they were made to drive up a road and back and some have had 3 cones hit =fail but you CAN correct if you oversteer.

Last edited:

Invisible

Too bad on test. Until you can retest, look at alternatives, like vending food service companies, or companies like Peapod or Cintas, etc. You could also look at getting CDL. My friend makes 45k with a CDL just after 2 years, and his pay will go way up in a few years.

Christinebitg

You could also look at getting CDL. My friend makes 45k with a CDL just after 2 years, and his pay will go way up in a few years.
I've considered that. I was driving a car several hundred miles last month to a consulting job. It occurred to me that I liked the driving more than I liked the job I was going to.

What I'd really like is a part time driving job that uses a CDL. I'd be willing to take the long trips. In fact, I think I'd prefer them. But most trucking companies really want full time drivers. Ah well.

Uber's Guber

What I'd really like is a part time driving job that uses a CDL. I'd be willing to take the long trips. In fact, I think I'd prefer them. But most trucking companies really want full time drivers.
This is true. These scum bags dispatchers will promise you anything to get you inside a truck, then dispatch you far from home at which point they pretend they only have additional loads that only go anyplace else except to your preferred return destination.

tohunt4me

I've considered that. I was driving a car several hundred miles last month to a consulting job. It occurred to me that I liked the driving more than I liked the job I was going to.

What I'd really like is a part time driving job that uses a CDL. I'd be willing to take the long trips. In fact, I think I'd prefer them. But most trucking companies really want full time drivers. Ah well.
" MERCHANDISING"

Car allowance.

Invisible

If you get Class A CDL, you could look for part time Class B jobs, like garbage or dump truck companies. But having a Class A would give you more options in the future since you can do B stuff but also tractor trailer in the future.

I tried getting my CDL but chickened our before taking CDL exam because the 90 degree backing was kicking my butt, aka alley backing. Those I went to school with are doing great and have so much stability.

Iamfoodgod

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you get Class A CDL, you could look for part time Class B jobs, like garbage or dump truck companies. But having a Class A would give you more options in the future since you can do B stuff but also tractor trailer in the future.

I tried getting my CDL but chickened our before taking CDL exam because the 90 degree backing was kicking my butt, aka alley backing. Those I went to school with are doing great and have so much stability.
If I didn't have a girlfriend right now I'd totally go for my CDL. I've brought this up a couple of times and she says no. I love driving. When I got into that box truck I had fun even though I failed the test. Back in highschool I'd skip school and drive for hours down random roads until school let out and I could go home.

Invisible

Just thought of this, apply for courier companies if you want a part time driving gig. Some in my area use vans and others you use your own car.

Gulfstream Echo Niner

try UPS
although most of their trucks are automatic transmission
you're required to take the road test with an old clunker manual bucking bronco truck.

Gulfstream Echo Niner

If I didn't have a girlfriend right now I'd totally go for my CDL. I've brought this up a couple of times and she says no. I love driving. When I got into that box truck I had fun even though I failed the test. Back in highschool I'd skip school and drive for hours down random roads until school let out and I could go home.
a woman will always keep u from your dreams

Rakos

Some of the biggest mistakes I ever made in my whole life of 60+ years is because I tripped over a piece of ash.
His gf TOLD him NO.
Wow.
smh
Yeah...I had to go thru a few marriages...

Till I got it right....

Butt...each time I was true to myself...

So all in all no monkey regrets....

Wimmen sure complicate your life....8>)

Rakos
Copy of Hair-dryer-Happy-Monkey-Funny-gif.gif

PS. Butt...they are SO MUCH FUN...8>)

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Try Iron Mountain. I worked 4 years for them driving a box truck before I got my CDL-A.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Apparently driving for them didn't suck too badly, and they don't require a CDL.

Do you know if they hire part-timers?

Thanks!
Yes they do and they also hire driver helpers as well as warehouse/ office employees. You do have to be able to pass a background check. You are going out each day to pick up sensitive documents/ data. My route was the Capital. I would be allowed inside the Capital building, the DOT, Fish and Wildlife, Treasurers, DIT.....

Now that's not the norm, that was just my route. Most daily route drivers go to doctor's offices, law firms, and regular offices to pick up sensitive information.