Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Rubik's Cube for the $$$

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Jon Stoppable 
#1 ·
I keep a Rubik's Cube in my car center counsel and like to solve it every now and then. Taught my self how to do it in the early 80's and can now do it it under 3 minutes. Today that Rubik's cube made me $25.00.

Gut and his two adult kids get in the car heading back to their resort. Daughter asks dad if we can stop at Walgreens on the way back to the hotel. He says no they can go in the morning. A couple minutes later he sees my Rubik's cube and says he will give anyone in the car $25.00 if they can solve it before we get to the hotel. Daughter laughs and says she can't even get 1 color, son says I can get 2 colors done in about an hour.

I say we can stop at Walgreens and I'll have it solved before she gets out of the store. Dad says deal. Man she was in and out fast. I beat her by 20 seconds.
IMG_5685.PNG

See less See more
#5 ·
I keep a Rubik's Cube in my car center counsel and like to solve it every now and then. Taught my self how to do it in the early 80's and can now do it it under 3 minutes. Today that Rubik's cube made me $25.00.

Gut and his two adult kids get in the car heading back to their resort. Daughter asks dad if we can stop at Walgreens on the way back to the hotel. He says no they can go in the morning. A couple minutes later he sees my Rubik's cube and says he will give anyone in the car $25.00 if they can solve it before we get to the hotel. Daughter laughs and says she can't even get 1 color, son says I can get 2 colors done in about an hour.

I say we can stop at Walgreens and I'll have it solved before she gets out of the store. Dad says deal. Man she was in and out fast. I beat her by 20 seconds.
View attachment 472947
Nice hustle. You were made for rideshare!

#6 ·
Picked up a family last night and the dad saw my Rubik's Cube. He said he could never figure it out. Messed with mine a little and did not believe me when I said I can do it under 3 minutes.

Dropped him off at his hotel and moved on. Picked them up again today and he saw the cube solved. This time while sitting in the parking lot he said if I mess that up and you can solve it in under 3 minutes I'll give you $20.00, if you can't do it you don't charge me for the ride. It was only a 4 minute 2 mile ride so I said sure.

2 minutes and 18 seconds later I had a $20 bill and a paid trip.

098A0C68-9916-4F30-A292-1F67E44541E5.jpeg

#7 ·
I used to do something similar when I sold Porsches. Had a piece of carpet, 3 walnut shells, and a plastic pea. $1K per shuffle and you got 1 chance.......if you wanna negotiate you gotta play my game. I had a professional street grifter named Jesse teach me how it worked. Met him in a bar where he worked the crowd for drinks. Paid him $200 cash for 4 lessons over a week.

Made my money back in spades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.