• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rsw FIFO

naplestom75

I assume others are receiving this email today. I guess the question remains: What is the "airport area" that you must remain in?

The_Nerd

Airkraft Court. The cul-de-sac directly south of the intersection of Treeline and Airport Access Rd. It's on the map. :smiles:

naplestom75

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So you're saying that's the area and if we leave that street, we will no longer be in line? If so, that's @@@@@@ed. Have they running that by the owner of the parking lot?

The_Nerd

A lot of work has been done on this over the past few months, Tom, involving about half a dozen drivers (including myself), two specific officers of the Lee County Port Authority including the lead investigator, and several people at Uber. A very detailed proposal for a virtual FIFO queue was submitted to Uber in May. This location wasn't just chosen at random; there are many reasons why this location was chosen.

And yes, the owner of the parking lot next door knows. He's a nice guy, we've brought pizza over to their office.

It's the closest location that is off of airport property, only 5 minutes to the terminal, easy in and out, allows for drivers to get to know each other.

"@@@@@@ed"?

naplestom75

Yeah. So we can't even stray over to 7_11 now without losing our place in line?

naplestom75

What's even more hilarious is that if this is indeed true, I would love to be there in court when someone brings this up as the attorneys sit there and try to explain that they are not a taxi service.

ulf

I'm happy that Uber came to that result "first comes first out",that makes it fair.
It's also a good test for them how they can later handle the commercial Uber.
However you don't have to be necessary at the aircraft court I think the parking a little bit down the street is fine too,but aircraft court is the most convenience place
Yes if you go to the 7/11 you lose your place in line ,also if your internet drops or you driving outside a certain t radius

The_Nerd

Make some friends at the snake pit. If you need to leave briefly to run to the store or use the bathroom, leave the phone with a friend, ask the others if they want something from 7-11.

But essentially, don't enter the queue unless you're prepared to wait your turn or lose your spot.

Christuber

Partner Party @ the Court! There's been no less than 10 cars crammed into the court for the last few hours.
Looks like a hoot!

naplestom75

It's a joke. Taking 1.5 to 2 hours to get a rider. And that's with a lot of flights coming in. Was there Sunday and earlier today briefly

ulf

you always have to check the board how many flights coming in at a given time.
Download the flight tracker pro and you get all the information.
If there is only 1 or 2 flights coming in and 3 cars waiting I don't even bother

naplestom75

Yeah, Ulf, I can only imagine how bad it must be then with only 1-2 flights!

One thing is for sure, I have never been around RSW for a long enough period until recently to know, but it is obvious that it is still a very small percentage of people that are using Uber for ground transport at RSW.

Cape_Crusader

Ok folks, I'm the newbe here. Can you tell me what the rules are for dropping off at RSW? Are we allowed to bring clients to the airport

ulf

If you think your allowed to drive people for money then you sure are allowed to drop them off at the airport or any other destination your rider wants to go.
You are a commercial enterprise