Rquest for selfie disrupts driver logon and render driver(s) offline

ntcindetroit

Last night, I went offline for a break, to my surprise, I was asked to take a selfie after the break to go online. The app was not friendly coded. My phone only have a black circle instead of taking camera image. I stopped by a store with bright lighting to see if it was the light issue. It wasn't. The phone camera still works fine in non-Uber driver app.. Took 30 minutes drive to go home and pull out my backup phone of the same OS and Model, still no luck. Since my other new iphone was lost in my car's back floor, I have to wait until next morning to borrow another iphone from friend to download the driver app for ios. Well, at least, I was able to take the selfie with the ios version Driver app. Mmmmm.... Is my Android phone too old or the Uber driver codes not Android friendly?
Post automatically merged:

btw, I had the same Android phone no problem to take a selfie in Uber App. 2 yrs ago. So this version of Uber Driver app. has issue to be resolved.

Phasmatrope

Bro tell me about it, I drive for both Lyft and Uber, and never on Lyft have I been interrupted so consistently about taking a f'in selfie.

Seriously, is there some damned epidemic of Uber driver lending out their cars to their friends, roommates, etc that I don't know about, that they feel this is necessary?

On top of that, they want your vehicle NOT to be moving, and the app's camera camera has NO flash function, so if you're trying to take a selfie in your own car at night, even with the interior lights on, it'll be rejected. I've had to pull over into sketchy gas stations and get out, just to get this damned selfie.

Can't tell you how many times I've gotten around to taking the selfie that I'm on the verge of scowling/just flipping the camera off. I've literally driven an entire day for the competitors, just because having to stop everything to take a selfie is an extra hassle I don't need.

ntcindetroit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
2nd selfie request comes in. Still not working on the Android phone I used for Uber. So, stop everything and had to head home to borrow an Iphone to do it. It's really not worth it. Can they just ask the next rider to check the driver's license and registration instead of disrupting the biz operation by putting out non-compatible app(s)?

ntcindetroit

3rd selfie request. Luckily, I'm not giving ride out in the country side 30 or 100 miles away from homebase. Here is the camera image of the Android phone that has no problem years ago to take selfie in Uber App.
Selfie.png

ntcindetroit

Hit by 4th selfie request while I was taking break in Dearborn Hts. Same bug or defective software that prevent drivers from going online. Wasted an hour and 35 miles drive to go home to take a selfie on another borrowed iphone. Partners don't check each other after going into biz together with selfie. Is Uber drivers' partner?

Matthew Thomas

Yeah that selfie crap is annoying af. Especially when I am driving into an area and try to go online only for that stupid message to pop up. So I have to park somewhere (not always easy especially if I am in some downtown area with NO parking) and take the stupid selfie. Yes I have considered flipping off the camera too and may actually start doing that. F screwber!!!!!!!

ntcindetroit

Hit by 5th selfie request. So I gave an ugly face, they even dared to reject it instead of calling it WRONG DRIVER.
Post automatically merged:

It wasted a lot of driver's productivity and cost unnecessary delay and financial cost to get it through by design or not. Overall, it's a defective product as it stands right now.

ntcindetroit

Got hit by the 6th and 7th selfie request. I'm tired and sick of it. Every time they did this, I have to confirm the request was from a defective product coding as my phone now could not complete the selfie and shut down the driver app or exit the app for no good reason. Next thing is I have to waste an hour and 30+ miles drive to borrow an Iphone just to do it. What if I have to rent or lease an Iphone just to do the selfie? My low priced Android phone was working fine to run the errand, even can do the selfie two years ago on Uber.

ntcindetroit

Hit by the 8th selfie while coming back online from break. This time, 10 miles from homebase and still, a waste of time and gas to do the silly selfie with defective coding.Does Uber offer this defective selfie check as its unique trade mark or service to the drivers?