• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rotten Tuesday for me

Nerka

Tuesday sucked way donkey. I scratched to make $75 and ended up working an hour later then normal. I was lucky to get some longer rides though. You would have been better just waiting at the airport for two rides and saving gas at that rate... Can't wait until the amateurs go home. The line at the airport, while still horrible, is starting to slowly decline (That average on a given evening).

Mista T

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wednesday I went out after a business meeting. $35 in 2.5 hours. What a waste of time!

Didn't bother going out today, what's the point? I won't burn gas to make $10-15 per hour.

MedicMan

Wednesday I went out after a business meeting. $35 in 2.5 hours. What a waste of time!

Didn't bother going out today, what's the point? I won't burn gas to make $10-15 per hour.
Went out for 3 hours today. Made $25. But I did take care of some business and at least paid for my time out doing that.

I am thinking it is all the federal workers that are off and need income.

MedicMan

This week has been pretty dismal. I did fine yesterday and made $25 for 4 hours. Got some nice tips which helped with the gross revenue. But overall this week I made $16 per hour. Not worth it for me to go out for that kind of money. I took a short teaching gig for the first part of next week so that I don't have to drive. I put a new engine into my truck and want to pay that off so I don't have to take out of my retirement fund.

MedicMan

This week was garbage. With the low pay I'm barely able to get $100 in a 8 hour shift.
Same here. The post Christmas lull isn't over. Even on Friday I couldn't make enough money to make it worth while. I have to wonder if the government shutdown is having an effect on this. According to the news there are lots of government workers who are driving for ride sharing.

Mista T

Author
Yesterday was HARSH. Gave 3 rides in 1.5 hours for $25 (includes tips).

Then sat around/wandered in Pearl, downtown, and around 23rd for 30 MINS without one single ping on either.

Fk this... set DFs for home and drove. Not a ping on way home either.

MedicMan

Yesterday was HARSH. Gave 3 rides in 1.5 hours for $25 (includes tips).

Then sat around/wandered in Pearl, downtown, and around 23rd for 30 MINS without one single ping on either.

Fk this... set DFs for home and drove. Not a ping on way home either.
It will take a while to get better. I am thinking a month or so. Maybe in mid February it will start getting back to normal. Meanwhile there will be a lot of ride sharing drivers that will be getting out of the business because they can't make any money. Only the long term die hards will be staying around.

Iann

I think I turned down at least 50 pings last night when the Travis Scott concert got out.

Sorry Kanesha I'm not driving 12 miles to go and pick you up at the Moda Center.

I was in Vancouver and my phone was on blast as I was continuing to turn down ping after ping.

Got a ping to the airport with a surprise Lyft $10 bonus. The guy was heading to Salmon Creek which I then continued north on home after dropping him off.

MedicMan

Sorry Kanesha I'm not driving 12 miles to go and pick you up at the Moda Center.
Good call. There isn't any money in driving all that distance and more than likely they are only going a few miles.

If they were pinging you to drive 12 miles for a pickup who did they end up getting to drive even further to pick up Kanesha?

Anonymhysa

First ping: ride from OHSU to Lombard.
2nd: 4.74* pool pax. Declined.
I got so desperate I turned on UberEats. 2 Popeyes deliveries to industrial eastside.
3rd: ride from Schnitz to Murray.
Called it a night then.

Nerka

It seems that there is a dead spot until 9-10 or so. Then it picks up, some. Airport still sucks from all the amateurs and I suspect that business people don't know their budgets yet. Tourism is also at a low point.

Mista T

Author
This weekend has big events.

Kiss at the Moda
Bob Seger at the Moda
Superbowl Sunday will suck until late afternoon, people don't take rides for 5 hours then they are drunk and rowdy.