1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Rosemead, CA evening bloc

Discussion in 'Flex' started by Buttermilk7458, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Buttermilk7458

Buttermilk7458 Member

hi guys! I normally do morning shifts out of Rosemead, CA for regular flex. Today, I have a 4:45-7:45pm bloc out of there. What are the evening shifts like? Easy? Hard? Thanks!

GetBlocks likes this.
  2. nighthawk398

nighthawk398 Well-Known Member

It's probably same day delivery but with the time change it should still be light so you'll probably get it's spread out a little bit but shouldn't be bad

3. Buttermilk7458

Buttermilk7458 Member

Cool! Thanks! I was was worried bc recently I did a morning bloc, and by some Amazon miracle, I was able to pick up a second bloc that day at 1:45. It was not a great bloc. It was all through Silverlake and was clearly re-attempts. None of the route numbers weeecthe same, so I couldn’t load my car according to route number. Took me way longer to locate packages throughout my route. I’m hoping the 4:45
    Bloc isn’t like that.

GetBlocks likes this.
  4. nighthawk398

When you have a route like that load by street name

5. oicu812

oicu812 Well-Known Member

Don't believe nighthawk as s/he has never worked DPS1. Evening blocks at DPS1 can be a crapshoot. You may get something local (Alhambra, El Monte) and you may also get Burbank , Glendale apts for 4:45. 4:45 & 5:15 @ DPS1 are same day. Most subsequent blocks are retries. Even with light out, those Burbank & Glendale deliveries, you'll be lucky if you find any parking whatsoever. Same day blocks at 4:45, you may get up to 30 packages. Sometimes more. Most of the same day evening blocks would take 2 hr+ even if you're a veteran trying hard NOT to have any undeliverables.

Sometimes, the afternoon blocks aren't sorted (properly or at all). It doesn't have a small sticker like evening blocks that tells you the stop and package number. You'll have to look at the map on your itinerary to route yourself.

nighthawk398 likes this.

6. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

The pac's are all #'ed for you, easy. But yes a lot of reattempts. Check the map b4 you leave the DS. They have a habit to slip in a one off way out in BFE. Give it back b4 you leave.

7. getawaycar

getawaycar Active Member

If you dont mind inching along for hours in rush hour traffic just to get to your warehouse and delivery area then go for it.

GetBlocks likes this.
  8. nighthawk398

So how did it go?

9. Buttermilk7458

Buttermilk7458 Member

Yeah, no I know they’re numbered, but it still takes longer to organize than when I just have say 2 routes grouped together.

I
    I didn’t do it!! Lol chickened out :D

Thank you! This was very helpful :)

10. oicu812

Tonight's evening block, I had Whittier and Pico Rivera. 31 packages. Finished in just under 2 hrs after leaving the station. Had to do some custom routing as the itinerary had me backtracking in several different places.

11. pasadenauber

pasadenauber Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    hey guys i havent been able to get any blocks at Rosemead.. anyone having the same issue?

12. oicu812

Nope.

What's the issue? Not seeing any blocks from DPS1? Not being able to grab a block?

13. pasadenauber

Driving:
    UberX
    not getting any blocs

14. oicu812

Your phone is either too slow or you're not checking enough. I see plenty of blocks for DPS1.

15. pasadenauber

Driving:
    UberX

16. oicu812

I'm not assigned to DPS1 but I get plenty of blocks from it.

17. Buttermilk7458

Buttermilk7458 Member

I’m not assigned to that location either; I’m assigned to East LA, but will never ever do a bloc out of there again. I asked support to switch me to Rosemead but they said there’s no need to do that. Idk why. But, I guess it doesn’t matter bc I still do all my blocs our of Rosemead.

18. oicu812

Just did a DLA3 block today. No biggie.