• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Roll the Dice

taxiporteño

Why do you care? Who is the driver putting at risk? All he's risking is a ticket he himself will have pay. Mind your own business, Ms. Tattletell.

njctuberx

At about 2:12 Sunday morning I was waiting for a rider at the Days Inn located at 2616 I-35, Oklahoma City, OK 73129.
I noticed 3 people walk past my vehicle. One man was carrying a gallon bottle of whiskey with only 1/2 of the contents remaining and all 3 appeared to be carrying clear plastic cups with what appeared to be alcoholic beverages.
I noticed these 3 people walk up to a waiting vehicle and start to enter the vhicle. I slowly drove up beside the vehicle and noticed the driver side window was open.
I asked the driver if he is a rideshare driver. The driver confirmed he is, in fact, an UBER driver.
I told the driver I was an UBER driver as well. I told the driver his passengers had alchoholic drinks and that one passenger had a large open container of alcohol. The Uber driver seemed to not understand the significance of what I was telling him. I explained to the driver transporting open container and passengers with alocoholic beverages is against the law and UBER policy as well. I told the driver his passengers would need to discard the open container and drinks before he could transport his riders.
The driver told his passengers " no alcohol no alcohol". Two of the passengers on the passenger side of the vehicle threw their drinks out of the window. I then motioned to the rider who was sitting behind the UBER driver , and informed the driver that the passenger sitting behind him had an open gallon of whiskey and would have to discard the bottle before continuing the fare. The rider who had the open bottle of whiskey then threw a.plastic cup full of ice and whiskey at my vehicle.
The driver still did not seem to understand the significance of what what happening.
I told the driver if he proceeded with the fare without disposing of the alcohol I would report the incident to UBER. The driver then said to me "Im so scared. Im sooooooo scared!" and then drove away with an open gallon of whiskey in his car and three passengers not wearing seatbelts.
So......
You have a driver knowingly allowing open container
You have a driver that seems to be underinformed or ambiguous about laws and UBER POLICY.
You have a driver who is not only endangering himself but he is also endangering his own passengers and others on the road.
You have a driver who is disrespectful not only to another UBER driver, but also to UBER POLICY and the law of Oklahoma.
You have a passeger throwing objects at my car.

Here is the information about the incident:

Vehicle Tag :

461 LFJ
Vehicle Description: Maroon or Burgundy in color..perhaps a Jeep Cherokee ...Small to Midsize SUV
Driver: appeared to be from India or Middle East - dark hair dark skin brown eyes Glasses. mustache. Spoke with an accent

Passengers: 3..two males one female - Caucasion
I'm late to the party, but this is awesome. She actually posted the license plate number...
I'd invite her to come drive with me for a night in Newark, but she's a fake.
Bravo! This made me laugh.

UberingOKC

This is my take because I worked in the court system.
1. If the driver has no reason to be stopped the TOC law is a moot point. It is more like a supplemental addendum for those who are driving as a DUI OR DWI. The driver shouldn't be driving anyway if he/she is drinking. Period.
2. If the driver didn't want the open container in his/her vehicle then it could've been put in the trunk or in the back of the car if there was no trunk. It can also be placed in a paper bag but if opened should still be placed out of reach. (Because, you know, no one drinks alcohol directly from a paper bag...lol!!)
3. Did you expect more out of a drunk when telling him or her they couldn't take their drink with them than throwing their cup at your car? Drinking and not driving is what keeps us in business.
4. As long as you didn't witness the driver to be under the influence you probably should've minded your own business. It's a contract job and everyone is supposed to police themselves. The UBER rules are there to protect UBER not to make hall monitors out of other UBER drivers.
Best wishes.

SailingWithThe Breeze

Maybe you could sit at a light this weekend and try to record red-light violations with your phone and then see which ones were Uber drivers and report them.

Now we have to deal with Uber-Police wanna-bees. :rolleyes:

BeanHead

At about 2:12 Sunday morning I was waiting for a rider at the Days Inn located at 2616 I-35, Oklahoma City, OK 73129.
I noticed 3 people walk past my vehicle. One man was carrying a gallon bottle of whiskey with only 1/2 of the contents remaining and all 3 appeared to be carrying clear plastic cups with what appeared to be alcoholic beverages.
I noticed these 3 people walk up to a waiting vehicle and start to enter the vhicle. I slowly drove up beside the vehicle and noticed the driver side window was open.
I asked the driver if he is a rideshare driver. The driver confirmed he is, in fact, an UBER driver.
I told the driver I was an UBER driver as well. I told the driver his passengers had alchoholic drinks and that one passenger had a large open container of alcohol. The Uber driver seemed to not understand the significance of what I was telling him. I explained to the driver transporting open container and passengers with alocoholic beverages is against the law and UBER policy as well. I told the driver his passengers would need to discard the open container and drinks before he could transport his riders.
The driver told his passengers " no alcohol no alcohol". Two of the passengers on the passenger side of the vehicle threw their drinks out of the window. I then motioned to the rider who was sitting behind the UBER driver , and informed the driver that the passenger sitting behind him had an open gallon of whiskey and would have to discard the bottle before continuing the fare. The rider who had the open bottle of whiskey then threw a.plastic cup full of ice and whiskey at my vehicle.
The driver still did not seem to understand the significance of what what happening.
I told the driver if he proceeded with the fare without disposing of the alcohol I would report the incident to UBER. The driver then said to me "Im so scared. Im sooooooo scared!" and then drove away with an open gallon of whiskey in his car and three passengers not wearing seatbelts.
So......
You have a driver knowingly allowing open container
You have a driver that seems to be underinformed or ambiguous about laws and UBER POLICY.
You have a driver who is not only endangering himself but he is also endangering his own passengers and others on the road.
You have a driver who is disrespectful not only to another UBER driver, but also to UBER POLICY and the law of Oklahoma.
You have a passeger throwing objects at my car.

Here is the information about the incident:

Vehicle Tag :

461 LFJ
Vehicle Description: Maroon or Burgundy in color..perhaps a Jeep Cherokee ...Small to Midsize SUV
Driver: appeared to be from India or Middle East - dark hair dark skin brown eyes Glasses. mustache. Spoke with an accent

Passengers: 3..two males one female - Caucasion

Somebody did coke in my back seat yesterday i kicked them out on the spot im not playing games with these people