• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Roll the Dice

LosingAppeal

At about 2:12 Sunday morning I was waiting for a rider at the Days Inn located at 2616 I-35, Oklahoma City, OK 73129.
I noticed 3 people walk past my vehicle. One man was carrying a gallon bottle of whiskey with only 1/2 of the contents remaining and all 3 appeared to be carrying clear plastic cups with what appeared to be alcoholic beverages.
I noticed these 3 people walk up to a waiting vehicle and start to enter the vhicle. I slowly drove up beside the vehicle and noticed the driver side window was open.
I asked the driver if he is a rideshare driver. The driver confirmed he is, in fact, an UBER driver.
I told the driver I was an UBER driver as well. I told the driver his passengers had alchoholic drinks and that one passenger had a large open container of alcohol. The Uber driver seemed to not understand the significance of what I was telling him. I explained to the driver transporting open container and passengers with alocoholic beverages is against the law and UBER policy as well. I told the driver his passengers would need to discard the open container and drinks before he could transport his riders.
The driver told his passengers " no alcohol no alcohol". Two of the passengers on the passenger side of the vehicle threw their drinks out of the window. I then motioned to the rider who was sitting behind the UBER driver , and informed the driver that the passenger sitting behind him had an open gallon of whiskey and would have to discard the bottle before continuing the fare. The rider who had the open bottle of whiskey then threw a.plastic cup full of ice and whiskey at my vehicle.
The driver still did not seem to understand the significance of what what happening.
I told the driver if he proceeded with the fare without disposing of the alcohol I would report the incident to UBER. The driver then said to me "Im so scared. Im sooooooo scared!" and then drove away with an open gallon of whiskey in his car and three passengers not wearing seatbelts.
So......
You have a driver knowingly allowing open container
You have a driver that seems to be underinformed or ambiguous about laws and UBER POLICY.
You have a driver who is not only endangering himself but he is also endangering his own passengers and others on the road.
You have a driver who is disrespectful not only to another UBER driver, but also to UBER POLICY and the law of Oklahoma.
You have a passeger throwing objects at my car.

Here is the information about the incident:

Vehicle Tag :

461 LFJ
Vehicle Description: Maroon or Burgundy in color..perhaps a Jeep Cherokee ...Small to Midsize SUV
Driver: appeared to be from India or Middle East - dark hair dark skin brown eyes Glasses. mustache. Spoke with an accent

Passengers: 3..two males one female - Caucasion

Guber has lowered their hiring standards this past year. California just enacted a law that REQUIRES Guber to NOT hire registered sex offenders. One would think that would be a no brainer. Yah?

LosingAppeal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • One would think. They lead with money money money when they should be leading with character accountability and safety. Perhaps MY standards are a bit too high.

Last edited:

I_Like_Spam

So, don't leave us hanging, what did you do about this violation of open container laws?

Did you call the police, cancel your trip and got to the police station to report it?

Or, in the alternative , do nothing?

I_Like_Spam

Yea..well the driver loaded up and drove away. There should be a standard of personal accountability...and if not...an intuitive and straightforward avenue of reportung to UBER
Unless paying customers are complaining, I can't see Uber doing anything- particularly since the guy will deny it and that will be that

LosingAppeal

So, don't leave us hanging, what did you do about this violation of open container laws?

Did you call the police, cancel your trip and got to the police station to report it?

Or, in the alternative , do nothing?
I tried to teport
Unless paying customers are complaining, I can't see Uber doing anything- particularly since the guy will deny it and that will be that
I initially tried to report ti UBER. Smoke signals would have been more direct. Support has gone from worthless to non existant. No direct communication path. I did call the police but was told unless I was assaulted personally, there was really nothing to be done.
So...I opted to post here. Perhaps someone at UBER will see this post.

Pretty good thought. Although UPnet is independent of Gruber they do monitor this board.

Welcome to amazing world of Guber. A world where they don't give two $hitz about you or me. Guber is losing so much money right now we the drivers are the least of their worries. They have a business model that's appears to be unsustainable.

Last edited:

I_Like_Spam

Perhaps someone at UBER will see this post.
Perhaps they will, and they'll probably do nothing. Its only your word versus his, there is no real proof. I guess you could have saved the plastic whiskey cup that was thrown at you and sent it off to a lab for DNA testing. But right now, you can't even prove it was whiskey.

This is a "no harm, no foul" situation, water under the bridge. The police don't care, and you can't provide proof positive that they should care.

crazytown

At about 2:12 Sunday morning I was waiting for a rider at the Days Inn located at 2616 I-35, Oklahoma City, OK 73129.
I noticed 3 people walk past my vehicle. One man was carrying a gallon bottle of whiskey with only 1/2 of the contents remaining and all 3 appeared to be carrying clear plastic cups with what appeared to be alcoholic beverages.
I noticed these 3 people walk up to a waiting vehicle and start to enter the vhicle. I slowly drove up beside the vehicle and noticed the driver side window was open.
I asked the driver if he is a rideshare driver. The driver confirmed he is, in fact, an UBER driver.
I told the driver I was an UBER driver as well. I told the driver his passengers had alchoholic drinks and that one passenger had a large open container of alcohol. The Uber driver seemed to not understand the significance of what I was telling him. I explained to the driver transporting open container and passengers with alocoholic beverages is against the law and UBER policy as well. I told the driver his passengers would need to discard the open container and drinks before he could transport his riders.
The driver told his passengers " no alcohol no alcohol". Two of the passengers on the passenger side of the vehicle threw their drinks out of the window. I then motioned to the rider who was sitting behind the UBER driver , and informed the driver that the passenger sitting behind him had an open gallon of whiskey and would have to discard the bottle before continuing the fare. The rider who had the open bottle of whiskey then threw a.plastic cup full of ice and whiskey at my vehicle.
The driver still did not seem to understand the significance of what what happening.
I told the driver if he proceeded with the fare without disposing of the alcohol I would report the incident to UBER. The driver then said to me "Im so scared. Im sooooooo scared!" and then drove away with an open gallon of whiskey in his car and three passengers not wearing seatbelts.
So......
You have a driver knowingly allowing open container
You have a driver that seems to be underinformed or ambiguous about laws and UBER POLICY.
You have a driver who is not only endangering himself but he is also endangering his own passengers and others on the road.
You have a driver who is disrespectful not only to another UBER driver, but also to UBER POLICY and the law of Oklahoma.
You have a passeger throwing objects at my car.

Here is the information about the incident:

Vehicle Tag :

461 LFJ
Vehicle Description: Maroon or Burgundy in color..perhaps a Jeep Cherokee ...Small to Midsize SUV
Driver: appeared to be from India or Middle East - dark hair dark skin brown eyes Glasses. mustache. Spoke with an accent

Passengers: 3..two males one female - Caucasion
Are you the Uber police ?? You should mind your business lady and be happy that gallon of whiskey didn't end up through your windshield

The Mollusk

Hahaha.

This has to be a troll. Just *HAS* to be.

The alternative is too sad to contemplate. Imagine this goody-two shoes, fresh off the app Uber driver actually bumping into real world problems. She's gonna lose her mind.

Uber has successfully turned Innocent Blondie American into a taxi driver.

What's she gonna do when she witnesses her first domestic assault ? What about the first time she sees a young mom with 3 kids punch her 2yr old in the face? The first time she unwittingly becomes a drug mule ? The first time she has to diffuse a drunk with a weapon sitting directly behind her ?

Lol.

LosingAppeal

It is the immature morins like crazy spam and elgidio
Hahaha.

This has to be a troll. Just *HAS* to be.

The alternative is too sad to contemplate. Imagine this goody-two shoes, fresh off the app Uber driver actually bumping into real world problems. She's gonna lose her mind.

Uber has successfully turned Innocent Blondie American into a taxi driver.

What's she gonna do when she witnesses her first domestic assault ? What about the first time she sees a young mom with 3 kids punch her 2yr old in the face? The first time she unwittingly becomes a drug mule ? The first time she has to diffuse a drunk with a weapon sitting directly behind her ?

Quasi pithy comments from the BORN TO LOSE , UNDERACHIEVING, STILL LIVING AT HOME AT 26 turd herd. What a proud moment in your unremarkable existenses. Apathy is your disease children. How sad for you....how truly truly sad.

LosingAppeal

Hey moron..Im not the one who posted the morins comment...regardless...the reference, despite the spelling, seems appropriate.

crazytown

Hey moron..Im not the one who posted the morins comment...regardless...the reference, despite the spelling, seems appropriate.
Ohh your not ? Thats why the comment is under your name ....duh!!! So who is the moron?
Just get over it lady.
Go save the world
Ohh btw when you want to reply directly to someone you press the word reply on the bottom right of the screen ...just trying to help...smh...

LosingAppeal

Whatever astronaut. Go ask your mom what is for dinnner tonight. She probably laid your jammies out too.