Rogue pings?

ShockSmoove

Received a ping from Telegraph Ave in Oakland after I got off the bridge..in SF. I was 2 seconds from the Octavia street junction.. I'm thinking Uber does this to mess up guarantees.. The ping flashed for maybe 4 seconds and then went away. I'm hoping that the person cancelled it, but usually it will say they canceled.. Ugh.

Any conspiracy theories hold true?

Euius

Received a ping from Telegraph Ave in Oakland after I got off the bridge..in SF. I was 2 seconds from the Octavia street junction.. I'm thinking Uber does this to mess up guarantees.. The ping flashed for maybe 4 seconds and then went away. I'm hoping that the person cancelled it, but usually it will say they canceled.. Ugh.

I've gotten Oakland (Jack London) pings from embarcadero before.

But Telegraph ends at 16th. There's no possible way you were closest car unless it was surging hard

ShockSmoove

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've gotten Oakland (Jack London) pings from embarcadero before.

But Telegraph ends at 16th. There's no possible way you were closest car unless it was surging hard
I remember it was orange.. But i agree. I'm not sure why they ping somebody in San Francisco if the ride is in Oakland. No passenger is going to wait for somebody to cross the bridge.

DriverX

If you didn't drone around online in areas that weren't surging you wouldn't have this problem as much.

RedoBeach

holy....wtf. are you serious?
Exaggerating a tad... But it was that bad. Lyft drivers were getting pinged at sfsu to pick up in Oakland and I was getting pinged from SOMA to pick up in Pacifica... I made good money in a short time but it was because I was selective about accepting requests.

Genini-Contractor

Got pinged in San Rafael around 1:30am to pick up PJ in Tiburon. He gave instruction to go up the windy narrow long road by text. He wasn't out on the road waiting for me in the dead of night. I called and texted and got no reply back. I "no show" cancelled him, logged out, then drove toward SF. Before entering GGB, I opened up app again and to my surprise I was logged on and I got pinged to pick him up. Cancelled this time for "other" reason.

That was my worst waste of time ride. Too creepy; no street lights. My imagination was rich guy with chainsaw.