Road side assistance

Superduber

How about getting road side assistance included in credit card, many have the feature? I needed a tow once and just called the roadside assistance from my credit card. It was perfectly OK tow. Big banks/Mastercard/Visa don't own tow trucks, they just call one for you and they pay. Only downside is they usually have short tow distances, but if you mostly drive in the city that is fine. Anyhow, even if you need a long tow, you just pay the extra km fee.

Harry70

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How about getting road side assistance included in credit card, many have the feature? I needed a tow once and just called the roadside assistance from my credit card. It was perfectly OK tow. Big banks/Mastercard/Visa don't own tow trucks, they just call one for you and they pay. Only downside is they usually have short tow distances, but if you mostly drive in the city that is fine. Anyhow, even if you need a long tow, you just pay the extra km fee.
Which cc u have

Superduber

Which cc u have
I have two CC that offer roadside assistance free.

BMO Worlde Elite Mastercard. This is my main card as it has 1.75% cash back, easily covers $120 annual fee. You can basically get the same card from Presidents Choice/Loblaws with no fee, but you get grocery money instead of cash. I prefer cash back.
https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credit-cards/bmo-cashback-world-elite-mastercard#
Complimentary Roadside
Assistance Program

Includes free battery boosts, flat-tire change, lockout service and towing (a $69/year value19).

TD Visa. This is my backup card.
https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products-services/banking/credit-cards/view-all-cards/gold-elite.jsp
Free Deluxe TD Auto Club Membership3
  • Deluxe TD Auto Club membership is included free with the TD Gold Elite Credit Card.
  • You'll be covered 24 hours a day with Emergency Road Services in case something goes wrong when you are out on the road.

Superduber

I have two CC that offer roadside assistance free.

BMO Worlde Elite Mastercard. This is my main card as it has 1.75% cash back, easily covers $120 annual fee. You can basically get the same card from Presidents Choice/Loblaws with no fee, but you get grocery money instead of cash. I prefer cash back.
https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credit-cards/bmo-cashback-world-elite-mastercard#
Complimentary Roadside
Assistance Program

Includes free battery boosts, flat-tire change, lockout service and towing (a $69/year value19).

TD Visa. This is my backup card.
https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products-services/banking/credit-cards/view-all-cards/gold-elite.jsp
Free Deluxe TD Auto Club Membership3
  • Deluxe TD Auto Club membership is included free with the TD Gold Elite Credit Card.
  • You'll be covered 24 hours a day with Emergency Road Services in case something goes wrong when you are out on the road.
Both card fees are waived if you have bank account with minimum balances.

Harry70

I have got pc plus : rbc; ct; walmart : costco : Scotia: let me check there features thanks

UberZF

I've had CAA for years, and very happy with them.
I tend to use many of their Non-Roadside benefits annually, which saves me well more than what i pay into it.
and If I need roadside... I know I'm covered.

Harry70

Yes, that is what I did. But I "only" got $350 dollars. I figure I should keep scanning these offers and keep switching from bank to bank, and call it my yearly bonus. :biggrin:
U don't share thesee things man

Superduber

Anyhow, roadside assistance is a must given how much we are on the road. You do not want to be dealing directly with Tow truck drivers. If you thought taxi were bad. Taxi drivers are angels compared to tow truck drivers (min fares, cash only, all kinds of fees they can think of: hookup fee, km fee, I showed up fee, etc.

Harry70

Jx35 qx60 giving you any problems i read the reviews and got afraid to buy it, is it reliable any electrical issues yet
Only problem I had face other than normal is transfer case and transmission gone twice 100000 kilometres, otherwise good value for money'

benzGL

had CT roadside for over 5 years.

ive gotten tows, car pulled out in ditch (snow), battery Jumpstart, and gas on highway.

once my friend and i were both stuck in ditch snd he had CAA. My CT tow came, roped my car out, got his out as a courtesy, before his CAA dispatcher called back with confirmation of a time slot.

edit: im on the gold plan i think, with a few cars. not sure how it works out fot value. i have a gf that wouldnt know what to do in case of a flat tire, so i pretty much need it

uber fool

Only problem I had face other than normal is transfer case and transmission gone twice 100000 kilometres, otherwise good value for money'
Thats horrible man i have never had a @@@@@@ fail on me, and i have owned 10 plus vehicles 'not normal ' glad i did not buy it.

Last edited: