Road closure

GDB

I don't see it listed on the web site.

downtownaustin.com

There is a car show out at the expo center this weekend and a car show next weekend at the convention center. Neither of their web sites indicate closing off the road.

MatthewATX

I don't think it closes, but it's absolutely useless for driving on when the Lonestar Roundup is in town. Once they're done at the expo center, they all go park on/cruise S. Congress. It's a nightmare.

I saw something on Facebook. A neighborhood anouncement stated that you won't be able to make left turns on SOCO from Riverside to Oltorf but the street should be open. Sounds like a bit of a nightmare to do a pickup.

Killeen Ubur

I don't see it listed on the web site.

downtownaustin.com

There is a car show out at the expo center this weekend and a car show next weekend at the convention center. Neither of their web sites indicate closing off the road.
Hey GDB

If you are a Uber driver you would of gotten a email tell you about this....

Native Austinite

No way South Congress would be closed for that amount of time. Formula 1 Fan Fest tried to close Congress year one for their event. I saw the permit application and there are special restrictions on Congress Avenue due to the fact that it is a major downtown thoroughfare and access to the Capital. They were denied as would almost any other event that would attempt this.

Native Austinite

These are the listed events this weekend on COA's official website
Apr. 25, 2015 - Art City Austin -

Apr. 25, 2015 - Children's Climate March

Apr. 25, 2015 - Eeyores Birthday Party

Looks like the Climate march will close Congress for one hour Sat morning. The one to watch for is the Art City Austin mess.