Road Closings for RNC

Uber8er

This should definitely be fun for the out of towners that are coming to drive for the convention. I think all of downtown will be a cluster fuc$ to get a around. Traffic will be a nightmare.

crookedhalo

If you're going to drive I think your best bet would be to hang out on 14th or 25th. Close enough for surge and ample riders but non of the nightmares of downtown.

Tim In Cleveland

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
An extra 50K visitors won't make as much surge as people think especially with locals avoiding the area. Damage insurance has been raised from 10 million to 50 million. That's a big warning that they expect trouble.

Last edited:

Michael - Cleveland

If you're going to drive I think your best bet would be to hang out on 14th or 25th. Close enough for surge and ample riders but non of the nightmares of downtown.
You will still not be able to get to pick-up locations (or drop-off locations) within the security zones or where the streets are closed.

Tim In Cleveland

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You will still not be able to get to pick-up locations (or drop-off locations) within the security zones or where the streets are closed.
They are going to be pissy when you tell them you have to pick up and drop off at 14th or public square. People expect door to door service. I heard some limo's are cleared to enter these areas. They will likely get most of the business.
Wow, even Canal Rd down in the flats is restricted.

Uber8er

I bet all the local drivers will be in suburbs highly doubt we'll see any surges. Remains to be seen. Hopefully it's promising but doubtful