Rivers of peanuts

ghrdrd

The only place surging ATM is Coles and woollies!!

“Why are there no specials in your stores at the moment - normally aisles are full of special offers but nothing- is this not price gouging while people are struggling with making ends meet?” posted one user about Coles.

Another posted a photo of broccoli advertised for $11.50 per kilo. Broccoli is typically priced around $5 per kilo.

One user posted a picture of $11.50 broccoli at Coles. (Source: Facebook)
One user posted a picture of $11.50 broccoli at Coles. (Source: Facebook)
Some users said they paid $5 for half a head of cauliflower, and others said they saw lettuce going for up to $8 a head.

Another also said Coles’ prices were not only high, but stock was low, and asked what supermarkets were doing to help the country.
Why the heck shops at W&C?
Asian markets veges and fruits cheap as always, pork mince galore.
Just wear a mask and goggles, and don't lick your fingers between ....

Scuberdriver

I've been doing ok. Averaging 25 an hour before expenses.

Yes. That's less than minimum wage. It is, however, better than not having any source of income at all like so many others.

Respirator in while driving passengers. Wipe down the car. Have them sit in the back and shower as soon as you get home.
Are you taking 4 pax? I’ve been thinking to notify pax that I’m only taking 3 under social distancing where practical. Front seat is highly restricted area

fraqtl

Same way I don't give a f$$k if you beleive me or the members of this forum. So next time don't keep asking for links and evidences. Either you beleive it or do your own research.
See, the difference is that I said something that was about me. It's irrelevant if you believe it. If you are going to start spouting off things as facts, when they are things that will influence people's decision making process, then you should provide your sources.

If you make an assertion, prepare for it to be challenged, especially if it is about something important.

So go back to your corner and stew angryboy
Post automatically merged:

...one must remember that for a "lefties" like @fraqtl a truth is like a piece of elastic which can be stretched in any possible direction and distance and still be the truth ...
Not at all. The truth is fairly objective and fairly provable.

If you are calling me a liar, show me where I've lied and prove it.

Back your smack talk up.

Also, why do you say "lefties" with quotation marks? Are you saying I'm not left?

driving the uber 246am during Coronas lol
This is surprising to you? So you have issues with your short term memory?

Are you taking 4 pax? I’ve been thinking to notify pax that I’m only taking 3 under social distancing where practical. Front seat is highly restricted area
Nope. I conveniently have my front seat cluttered with things.

I haven't had the situation where I've had to refuse 4 yet though.

Don't create a potential problem for yourself by putting that in writing as a message in the app. If you pull up and there are 4, lock the doors, wind down the window and tell them they'll have to order a second one because you are only taking 3 of them. If they refuse, cancel due to rider behaviour or whatever. Doesn't count towards your stats.

Last edited:

Who is John Galt?

If you make an assertion, prepare for it to be challenged, especially if it is about something important.

Something like this classic of yours, Pinocchio? :wink: Any further assertions about this?

It is still "just the flu", just a bit more serious...

Classic line from people who have nothing to back that they say.

A classic line you say? Where exactly has it been used before and what made it classic?

Last edited:

Golfer

See, the difference is that I said something that was about me. It's irrelevant if you believe it. If you are going to start spouting off things as facts, when they are things that will influence people's decision making process, then you should provide your sources.

So go back to your corner and stew angryboy

Not at all. The truth is fairly objective and fairly provable.

If you are calling me a liar, show me where I've lied and prove it.

Back your smack talk up.

Also, why do you say "lefties" with quotation marks? Are you saying I'm not left?

This is surprising to you? So you have issues with your short term memory?

Nope. I conveniently have my front seat cluttered with things.

I haven't had the situation where I've had to refuse 4 yet though.

Don't create a potential problem for yourself by putting that in writing as a message in the app. If you pull up and there are 4, lock the doors, wind down the window and tell them they'll have to order a second one because you are only taking 3 of them. If they refuse, cancel due to rider behaviour or whatever. Doesn't count towards your stats.
Umm @fraqtl the problem here is "cross purposes"
You ask for a #source ,to back up a members statement .
Where it has been common practice on the forum for members ( since dot) to put up a screen shot if there is any doubt .
A simple screen shot of your $25 an hour , from a days earnings would be enough / suffice .
That would solve 1 of your claims .
Without them an element of doubt is created .
Etc. Etc ,etc :smiles:

fraqtl

If you are going to take decisions based on what people say on this forum, I can only say a silent prayer for you 😂😂😂
I make decisions based on the evidence to hand, which is why I ask for it.
A simple screen shot of your $25 an hour , from a days earnings would be enough / suffice
It would, I just don't care to and it means nothing if I am believed or not. In fact, it's better for me if people don't, more rides for me.
That would solve 1 of your claims
I'm not sure which other "claims" need to be sorted.
Without them an element of doubt is created
While this is true, if it's important for me to be believed, I'll provide what I have. In this case it's really none of anyone's business beyond what I've said. Believe me or don't.

Besides, it's across three apps, with cut off times inbetween because I drive overnight so it would be six screenshots, with screenshots of listings of rides etc. to show which fall in and out of my working "day". So too much hassle even if I was inclined.

fraqtl

Most drivers were struggling to make money after costs & taxes pre Corona Virus why would anyone log on know, my advise to any driver just log off, stay safe in your your home and join centrelink until it blows over.
Those drivers need to re-evaluate how they do things. I make a good profit every week. Less so now obviously but still doing ok.

Even after Centrelink comes in, I'll be working to the limit of what I can earn without affecting my payment.

Taxes don't come into it. Obviously they have to be paid but if someone isn't making a profit, they don't have to pay the taxes....

UberPoolNo

Those drivers need to re-evaluate how they do things. I make a good profit every week. Less so now obviously but still doing ok.

Even after Centrelink comes in, I'll be working to the limit of what I can earn without affecting my payment.

Taxes don't come into it. Obviously they have to be paid but if someone isn't making a profit, they don't have to pay the taxes....
lolllllllllllllll

Lordy!! An epidemiologist, an AHPRA registered practitioner, pension card loser, non tax payer and now atheist!!

Impressive stuff, Pinocchio 👍

and makes profit at the moment on the uber too