risk of being deactivated as to new pool rules.(office visit)

uber pro

Visited the westwood office today bout pool issues
Here is what i understood. Very simple. If they did not just try to scare me.its not worth doing pool anymore.
discount for rider is given only if second rider joins the ride.
means rider will pay full fare if second ride was not picked up.
If rider complains he did not get the promised discount and suggest its drivers fault for canceling the second, ( which will be true with the way i do pool ) driver gets deactivated completely( not only from pool).
So untill now i never picked up the second.that means if the rider complains that its me who canceled the second, im deactivated.in other words im to be blamed for rider not getting his discount.
Now what?????

Realityshark

Quit driving for Uber or tell them that since you are an "independent contractor" it is your business model to only take one driver at a time. While you at it, tell them it is your business model to not only accept tips but to ask for them as well. Uber Sucks! Sorry man.

CaptainJackLA

Here is what i understood. Very simple. If they did not just try to scare me.its not worth doing pool anymore.
If rider complains he did not get the promised discount and suggest its drivers fault for canceling the second, ( which will be true with the way i do pool ) driver gets deactivated completely( not only from pool).
So untill now i never picked up the second.that means if the rider complains that its me who canceled the second, im deactivated.in other words im to be blamed for rider not getting his discount.
Now what?????
I still think they areally full of shit. Every person at Uber gives a different answer.

Besides, they can get the fare rate before riding.
@@@@ them, I don't care. No 2nd rider for me.

Ot1

Now what?????
Don't tell me you really bought this shit?

uber pro

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't tell me you really bought this shit?
Thanks for making me strong. I will ignore all that bulshit... Will just continue to take pool surge with one passanger. Too bad i forgot his name he was very convincing
Untill now i never got any emails from uber regarding my one rider pools. Nothing at all

LAuberX

use the quote function... the app gives the fare for pool, it does not change with a second pax.

the moron in the Uber office was giving you some refined bullshit.

I did get a nasty text the other day when I cancelled on the FIRST pool ping... saying I cancelled on the SECOND pax... sorry Uber, not that day.

Tuesday I let the second ping time out when I was driving to the first pool pax... I never heard a peep from Uber.

UberLaLa

Hey Pro, I'm a bit late to this party, but reading back through Pool posts cuz I'm thinking of making one and didn't want to be redundant.

Anyways, I take all Pool pings (unless the 2nd Rider will take too much time from the 1st Rider's trip). I take them to try and figure out how Pool actually functions - if that is possible. lol

I also sometimes ask the passenger at the end of their ride what Uber charged them. They ALWAYS get the promised fare (30% off) 2nd Rider or not.

I went into the Uber office in Westwood twice - weirdest experience I ever had actually. lol

jaimeritchie

almost every time i accept second rider, i dont get paid and have to fight for it. why should i accept second rider if i have to fight my "partner" for the money i made?! no way.

Showa50

More and more pax I take on Pools are complaining about the price when it surges. Uber not informing pax that the rate is higher because of surge is another lawsuit waiting to happen.

Danielson_

Since driving for uber for 8months now I have not taken the second pool... Let me clarify that again, I HAVE NEVER TAKEN THE SECOND POOL AND NEVER WILL @@@@ THAT.

Happy Sunady.

forqalso

Yesterday, in San Francisco, I saw why they want us to confirm the number of riders in each pool. First ping was one rider. Second ping was confirmed as two additional riders. Now with three riders, I received a ping for the third pool group while already having two in the car. I guess they're planning on cramming more in the back. I sure my ratings won't suffer with Uber Bus.

soonsoon

I'm still trying to figure out what a pool ride is :wink:
lol, not that you didn't already know, it's another way of screwing Drivers (oops sorry partners) out of pay.

We are paid for total miles and time of one or both trips (continuous not separate), however when two different riders are matched up, each rider is quoted a price for their destination and the total of the two is more than what drivers are paid. For example, If a driver got paid $20.00 for total miles and time, Uber gets $30.00 (total fare of both trips, pending two riders get matched up). Of course if no other rider gets matched up then Uber looses.

Uber needs two separate riders to make money.. that is more than the driver pay out. I thought that Uber/Partner agreement was 20% of total fare from X but obviously it's not the case with Pool.

Do you think there's motive here to make sure all drivers accept every pool rides?

XUberMike

lol, not that you didn't already know, it's another way of screwing Drivers (oops sorry partners) out of pay.

We are paid for total miles and time of one or both trips (continuous not separate), however when two different riders are matched up, each rider is quoted a price for their destination and the total of the two is more than what drivers are paid. For example, If a driver got paid $20.00 for total miles and time, Uber gets $30.00 (total fare of both trips, pending two riders get matched up). Of course if no other rider gets matched up then Uber looses.

Uber needs two separate riders to make money.. that is more than the driver pay out. I thought that Uber/Partner agreement was 20% of total fare from X but obviously it's not the case with Pool.

Do you think there's motive here to make sure all drivers accept every pool rides?
1400+ rides not 1 pool.
Pool=Pass
I cut my losses at 1 PAX
Too hard to serve two masters, 1 is bad enough