Rising gas prices, falling rates, full automation coming soon!

Uber Arnie

AngelAdams

Only one that’s going to have automation in the near future is Tesla. Lyft and Uber just sell the idea to get more money. Tesla has the data but it will take 5 years or so. Everyone else is a good 10-15 years behind. And those are conservative estimates.

Why would it be attack when I'm just telling them facts? Dont you agree that once automation comes, most drivers including truck and bus drivers would be out of work?
Truck drivers will still be around. Estimates say 50% of truck driving jobs will be automated. For practical reasons it won't be 100% and it will take much longer to automate truck systems all over the US. Much more complicated then automating a sedan on metro streets to pull up to a curb. Busses will still have to have drivers I think for security reasons. Still need someone on a vehicle with 30+ plus people on it with luggage, otherwise homeless will take over them. Taxi jobs on the other hand will be replaced 100%. That is why I say people should get out. It is not 50% or 60% or 80% automation, when it comes to taxi it is 100%. There is no future. If it was even 80% automation, I may not make fun of union ideal. At 100%, it is completely pointless.

Okie dokie
Typical baby boomer response. Self-centered and without vision. I know you don't care, but many guys on here are in their twenties and thirties. That means if they try to be a rideshare driver or cab driver as a career they going to be out of work in their 40s to 50s. Too late to restart and too early to retire. 25 years may not mean anything to you, but it will be poverty and homelessness to many people too foolish to consider rideshare and cab driving and limo service as a career option.

SCdave

Typical baby boomer response. Self-centered and without vision. I know you don't care, but many guys on here are in their twenties and thirties. That means if they try to be a rideshare driver or cab driver as a career they going to be out of work in their 40s to 50s. Too late to restart and too early to retire. 25 years may not mean anything to you, but it will be poverty and homelessness to many people too foolish to consider rideshare and cab driving and limo service as a career option.
Okie or dokie?

DollarFree

Is this the latest Uber tactic, divide & conquer?

Would u really not rather be out standing in line for an hour with your co-workers for the latest awesome food experience. Or is this what u do while standing in those lines? Let me guess, Plough. Dumpling Time, Mission Sushi...

Is this the latest Uber tactic, divide & conquer?

Would u really not rather be out standing in line for an hour with your co-workers for the latest awesome food experience. Or is this what u do while standing in those lines? Let me guess, Plough. Dumpling Time, Mission Sushi...
What? I don't even understand what you are trying to say?