• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rip off

Vinnie mac

Ping said make at least 13.00 so after the delivery I see total 14.69 problem is the customer tipped me 4.49 so the total trip pay should be 17.49 so uber is using part of my tip to make the 13.00 they promised so I only get 1.36 tip WTF. If the customer did not tip me uber would have to give me 13.00 better to get tipped cash. her'es the brake down... Base fair 5.31
trip supplement....4.36
boost.................... .53
sub total............. 10.20 should be 13.00
tip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,4.49
total ....................14.69 it should be 13.00 the promised amount of 13.00 plus tip 4.49 for a total of 17.49 uber is using 2.80 of my tip to make the promised amount of 13.00

kiltedcameraman

When you look at the trip info page, does it say $13 guarantee. I've looked back, and haven't had any of the tip supplementing my guarantee, but I am fairly sure that I have accepted a couple of trips at one guarantee, and then at payout it tells me a lower guarantee.

Vinnie mac

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah it happen to me a few times some times not all of the tip but part of it, and if you get no tip uber will give you the guaranteed amount

Avii27

Ping said make at least 13.00 so after the delivery I see total 14.69 problem is the customer tipped me 4.49 so the total trip pay should be 17.49 so uber is using part of my tip to make the 13.00 they promised so I only get 1.36 tip WTF. If the customer did not tip me uber would have to give me 13.00 better to get tipped cash. her'es the brake down... Base fair 5.31
trip supplement....4.36
total ....................14.69 it should be 13.00 the promised amount of 13.00 plus tip 4.49 for a total of 17.49 uber is using 2.80 of my tip to make the promised amount of 13.00
Uber plays around with your tips to make sure you make $15 an hour in NYC.

DriveLV

Yeah it happen to me a few times some times not all of the tip but part of it, and if you get no tip uber will give you the guaranteed amount
Do you have a screenshot example showing the guarantee as well as the resulting line items where you made less than the guarantee if the tip were deducted? I'd be curious to see that.

ColonyMark

I have noticed that a few times.
no wonder part of the Uber terms we agree to says we will not participate in any class action lawsuits against Uber

Seamus

trip supplement....4.36
Yes, same has happened to me recently. Ironically, as DD stopped that after getting so much heat Uber Started doing it. Figures.

GrumpZilla

I've noticed it a few times, I took it as the customer didn't tip what the app projected it might be. Maybe the app assumed 15-20% and the customer tipped 10%? I think the uber eats app defaults to 10% now for tips.

gabesdaddee

I've noticed it a few times, I took it as the customer didn't tip what the app projected it might be. Maybe the app assumed 15-20% and the customer tipped 10%? I think the uber eats app defaults to 10% now for tips.
So basically UberEats is sharing the tips? That is illegal.

kiltedcameraman

I still don't understand how they could do this. You get pay out info within minutes of delivering the order, but don't get tip info for an hour or more.

Rickos69

I still don't understand how they could do this. You get pay out info within minutes of delivering the order, but don't get tip info for an hour or more.
In theory, the hour delay on the tips is to give the eater time to decide whether he/she wants to
1. Tip at all
2. Increase the initial tip
3. Decrease the initial tip
Based on his/her delivery experience.

kiltedcameraman

In theory, the hour delay on the tips is to give the eater time to decide whether he/she wants to
1. Tip at all
2. Increase the initial tip
3. Decrease the initial tip
Based on his/her delivery experience.
Exactly, so UE would be showing a trip that didn't pay the guarantee for up to an hour or so. Based on what DD went through, any reporter would have a field day with this, if they are really doing it.

DriveLV

Exactly, so UE would be showing a trip that didn't pay the guarantee for up to an hour or so. Based on what DD went through, any reporter would have a field day with this, if they are really doing it.
That's why I'd love to see a screen shot showing exactly what is being described. It's not that I don't believe people ... and I certainly can see Uber doing something as slimy and underhanded as this ... but I kinda just need to see it for my own eyes to really believe it's true. And if it really is true then a public shaming campaign could fix this issue just like with DD.

gabesdaddee

That's why I'd love to see a screen shot showing exactly what is being described. It's not that I don't believe people ... and I certainly can see Uber doing something as slimy and underhanded as this ... but I kinda just need to see it for my own eyes to really believe it's true. And if it really is true then a public shaming campaign could fix this issue just like with DD.
Agreed. I believe it happened, but if it dis happen, I'd be threatening to go to media outlets

Vinnie mac

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you have a screenshot example showing the guarantee as well as the resulting line items where you made less than the guarantee if the tip were deducted? I'd be curious to see that.
No but I'll try next time

dlearl476

trip supplement....4.36
I don't think it works that way "Make at least $13." You made at least $13. In fact, you made $1.69 more. IMO, this is different (and probably worded so in the TOS) than DD using the tip to make the base fair.

This never happens to me. I never see the tip in UE until AT LEAST 5 minutes after the order. And they trickle in for up to 24 hours.

But I see your point. I wish the guarantee wouldn't include the boost, either