1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Riding with the stars

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Ubercycle, Jan 6, 2017.

1. MrBlue3244

MrBlue3244 Member

And you didn't contact me for assistance!

2. Jurisinceptor

Jurisinceptor Active Member

I Had an Olympic Gold Medal winner, super nice. A local minor league hockey player; solar bears. The teacher from newtown, sandy hook, who saved the kids in the bathroom. A famous character actor in movies and TV.

3. Veal66

Veal66 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    3 players for the NY Islanders in town to play the Bruins. They were going to dinner at Del Friscos.

4. X Drive LV

X Drive LV New Member

He would have never been caught had he used Rideshare to sneak around with those women. LMFAO.

5. X Drive LV

X Drive LV New Member

Do people in Cosplay count? :D

6. SamIam51

SamIam51 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Haha - I'll remember next time I have a hot lady in my car to reach out to you :).

7. cubert

cubert Active Member

Met bomer
    Leo di caprio
    Peter Berg

8. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Never heard of em

ziliano likes this.
  9. MrBlue3244

MrBlue3244 Member

Wouldn't that be every time your driving

ziliano and SamIam51 like this.
  10. mattadams

mattadams Well-Known Member

I gave a ride to a guy who was talking about leaving a book signing. We had about 30-40 minute drive to the airport, but we talked about his books and history and so forth. I looked him up shortly thereafter and it looked to be a pretty popular sci-fi book, but not really my genre. Unfortunately now I can't even remember his name...

11. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Mat Bomer?

He played Neil Caffry in White Collar TV show.

I also drove a guy claiming to be Michael Dorn, (Worf from Star trek) He sounded EXACTLY like him but to be honest I don't think i'd recognize him without Klingon makeup. So i'd give it a 50/50 it was just someone messing with me.

12. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

In a cab, I had a few prominent local politicians, that I didn't acknowledge I knew who they were, and considering the fact that I took one to a gay venue- I am as sworn to secrecy as a priest would be.

I did meet David Johnson at Channel 11, delivered a tape for a newscast from their truck that was parked cross town.

Great guy, really.

13. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I was being facetious. :p
    As for Michael Dorn, He's not famous enough for anybody to pretend to be him. So it is very likely. I met him once. Very nice guy and looks nothing like you would think he does without the Kling on makeup. Based on Worf, you would think he is menacing, maybe even mean, but he is very happy go lucky and smiles alot.

14. cubert

cubert Active Member

Yes, he is. All the trip he was on a phone with Mozzie, he told me that after lol

15. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    He was a really nice dude. It was also during the local comicon so that makes it motto likely to be honest.

jp300h likes this.
  16. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

I've met lots of famous people. None of them while Ubering, though.

17. Steven Ambrose

Steven Ambrose Well-Known Member

Local radio personality, Miguel, from Hot 101.5. I met Kelly Ring from Fox 13 local news and her husband. Solid people, all tippers.

18. wiley21

wiley21 Member

Had my first today. Very popular player for Orlando Magic. Drove him to the practice facility.

19. Mad Max

Mad Max Well-Known Member

2 Writers, 3 pro athletes, 1 supermodel, 1 notorious feminist and and 3 actors, including a one of the girls from Orange is the New Black and a golden globe winner from the 90's. Been one crazy night :p

20. crazytaxiofgp

crazytaxiofgp New Member

Only celebrity I have had is the Travelocity Gnome. The guy that travels with him was totally cool. Only complaint I have is that the trunk TG travels in jacked up my lift gate.