1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Riding with the stars

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Ubercycle, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hello Uber partners.

Who is the most famous person you've met?

Thank you for sharing.

2. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

I drove a player on the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Ubercycle likes this.
  3. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Not really famous per se, but 3 players from our local hockey team (Orlando Solar Bears)

wk1102 and Ubercycle like this.
  4. shiftydrake

shiftydrake Well-Known Member

Jason Aldean and his guitarist

Ubercycle likes this.
  5. Steubie

Steubie Active Member

Let's see...Brandon Marshall(Jets player),Julio Jones(Falcons player), Chris Rock, Devante Parker(Dolphins Player) and many other football players but my favorite person I picked up was Marlon Wayans he was a cool dude

Ubercycle likes this.

6. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    (Second hand)
    None here, as yet, but a couple told me their previous driver in town had actually driven Macklemore some time back when he was in town for a show. The driver, a retired older lady, had no clue who he was even after he told her. All she said was that he was "a very polite young man" lol. So good on you, Mack

Ubercycle likes this.
  7. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

I met Muhammad Ali and Howard Cosell when I was a kid... 1978/79ish.

I don't think there was much more of a famous person at the time as the Champ.

Cosell was a tool, the Champ was very gracious. I remember him as being super friendly.

In my car, I've had a several MLB players, 2 starting pitchers and a starting infielder, a couple of relief pitchers and utility /bench players. I had a #3 and #6 draft pick, both drafted out of HS one with over a million and one just under a million signing bonus and a few ex mlb guys now coaching.

A Pro golfer, a television sports announcer, a woman's professional volleyball player. I didn't know there was such a thing as professional volleyball.

I saw Brooke shields at the airport while I was doing a pick up , does that count ? 3387.jpeg 3354.jpeg

8. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

Johnathon Rodriguez Salazar Jr. Good tipper. He even sang a few diddys for me...he's still got that Midas voice!

9. BigPapi44

BigPapi44 Member

Ashleigh Johnson. Olympic gold medalist

10. Fat Jack

Fat Jack Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Drove David Spade across the street from the Mirage to the Venetian.

Lot of pro athletes... Tim Duncan, Rampage Jackson would be most famous. Almost ran over Magic Johnson, he walked right in front of my cab without looking in the driveway of the Mirage. He smiles, waves and says My bad,.

Had a couple of guys in the back of my cab that I really didn't take a close look at when they got in. I was talking with them and through the conversation I figure out they're musicians so I assume they're a lounge act here in Vegas. I ask them where they are playing and they say MGM, so then I ask whats the name of your band and one guy tells me Pearl Jam. I turn around and look and its Eddie Vedder and one of the other guys.

ziliano likes this.
  11. Socalguy

Socalguy New Member

Dude from sublime, I forget his name.

12. rotocub

rotocub Active Member

I've met a fair share of famous folks, but I'm assuming the OP meant "while Ubering".

Never had a pax I'd consider very famous, but have had two confirmed pro athletes.

Last trip of very first day I drove for Uber was an NFL safety that just happened to have played the previous season for my favorite team. He was an awesome guy....still one of my all-time favorite pax.

Had a guy heading to the airport earlier this week that was nearly 7 feet tall with a unique first name. Figured there was good chance he was some sort of professional athlete. Googled his first name and NBA. Sure enough, there he was. He was quiet, but nice.

13. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    let's see... drove larry the Cable guy home from a bar to his house in outside Sanford florida,
    Took Sting back to his hotel. He was on vacation at the time.
    Took Vin Disel from Universal Orlando backlot out to to the Hilton. He was on business doing something. We talked about dungeons and dragons the entire time, it was kinda surreal.

gronk likes this.
  14. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

I would never drive a celebrity anywhere.....unless I knew them.

PepeLePiu likes this.
  15. richyrich567

richyrich567 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I met Muhammad Ali and Howard Cosell when I was a kid... 1978/79ish.

HAHA.. i met him back then 2 back in 74 or 75. was walking down hollywood early morning with mom and dad. my dad goes to my mom that's Muhammad Ali over there. was standing next to his rolls royce with chauffeur and some other guy who probably was a bodyguard. i was to young to know who he was and didn't really care. but from what i remember he was very friendly guy.. tossed me up in the air and signed autograph for parents.. RIP CHAMP

16. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Why? They are people like any other.

17. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

I had a county commisioner as a pax.

18. Don'tchasethesurge

Don'tchasethesurge Active Member

Someone from steelers. I don't watch football so idk his name. He did tip me $20 dollars plus cancel fee since he input wrong pick up and had to reorder. Great conversation too

19. Graham_DC

Graham_DC Well-Known Member

Never drove anyone famous, at least I don't think so.

Had drop offs at the signature lot of the airport (where the private jets are). Of course those people didn't tip :rolleyes:

20. SamIam51

SamIam51 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I drove this amazingly stunning women to the airport today. I swear I couldn't stop looking at her when we were talking. She was very sweet....I asked if her trip was business or pleasure and she said business...I asked what she did...and she meekly said a radio sports interview...I could tell she didn't want to discuss it. So I searched when I got home, she was a Playmate of the Year. model and actress. Probably one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. And yes I'm a woman, but I can appreciate beauty...even though she's had a lot of work done, she was still beautiful....inside and out.
    Oh her name was Karen McDougal.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017