• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ridiculously short rides

AllGold

When the app won't let you close out the ride because the travel distance was too short, you don't even have to get permission from the Pax. It's not going to affect their rates at all because it's still going to be a minimum fair ride, so long as you're honest about it and only go another block or two.
True, but it's probably a good idea to mention that to the rider so they know why you didn't end the trip and are driving a few extra blocks. It seems like most still don't know they pay the same no matter what route we take.

ginseng41

I drove someone from one side of a building to the other....maybe 75 feet. She was lost. I had to drive for another few minutes before it would let me end the trip. It was a 2.7 surge so I made something like $600 a mile for the actual ride

SuzeCB

Screenshot_20180905-092012.jpg
True, but it's probably a good idea to mention that to the rider so they know why you didn't end the trip and are driving a few extra blocks. It seems like most still don't know they pay the same no matter what route we take.
Because they don't anymore. If you arrive at the destination no more than a few minutes later than what Uber estimates, then what the pax pays stays the same. Otherwise, what they are charged reverts to miles & minutes. Same with tolls incurred. Additional tolls are tacked on, as well.

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Did you ask how long she waited?
Did you mention that during the time she waited she could have gotten there with her own two feet and thus freed up another few bucks for additional side or upgrade a size and that’s fine because

She would have burned the extra calories on the walk over?

:smiles:
You know that was the real secret for subways pedo right?
Walked to the store and back home for his 6inch turkey and repeated the process for dinner.
5 mile round trip.
10 miles a day.
For two 6 inch subs...
Man could have had a slice of chocolate cake and still lost weight.

sellkatsell44

You know that was the real secret for subways pedo right?
Walked to the store and back home for his 6inch turkey and repeated the process for dinner.
5 mile round trip.
10 miles a day.
For two 6 inch subs...
Man could have had a slice of chocolate cake and still lost weight.
He also didn’t have any sauce/extras on his sandwiches. He cut a lot of calories that way. (Adds up).

I don’t know if it’s true about chocolate cake or sweets in general because I don’t know what it’s like to be that fat *knockonwood* and have to bounce your body back. It’s hard enough for the pregnant; I can’t imagine a human that size being able to...

Supposedly when you lose weight in the beginning it’s really easy but eventually you’ll hit a wall and a lot of times it won’t be after you lose 100 pounds of the 150 you were trying to shed...it would be like 20-50 pounds into that 150.

That’s also about the time I would imagine their diet breaks and they gain it back and possibly more.

But this is just from observation and speaking to random individuals...

The Gift of Fish

Would have been much funnier if she had ordered the Uber to get to the 24-Hour Fitness so she wouldn't have to walk it....:p:p:p
A while ago I pulled up to a park near San Francisco's marina. In got two not-very-sweaty Millenial females in jogging outfits.

- "Hoo! What a workout!"
- "Yaaah... it's, like, sooo great to go for a morning run!"

I drove them from the marina up the hill back to their luxury residence in Pacific Heights.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dauction

Paratransit Bus ..I use to Pickup 4 Old women in Wheels chairs. at retirement home. (AND 3 WITH WALKERS) I have to tie down each chair at at each corner of the chair and put a seat belt on them ..that's a total of 20 Ties downs ... I drive the 1/2 Block ...exactly right across the street from the retirement home to the VFW to ...EVERY FREAAKING Sunday FOR 2+ YEARS :eek:

No use getting pissed.... I use to make up stuff all the time.... ....I'd apologize for the long ride.... ask them if they wanted to stop somewhere along the way for ice cream.... OK before we get going did everyone go pee ..one lady got me back one day ..She said ..Just a second .. then 3 seconds later... shes says OK I went lol

AllGold

Because they don't anymore. If you arrive at the destination no more than a few minutes later than what Uber estimates, then what the pax pays stays the same. Otherwise, what they are charged reverts to miles & minutes. Same with tolls incurred. Additional tolls are tacked on, as well.
I don't know for sure but I think if the trip is within about 33% of the estimate, the fare remains the same as the upfront estimate.

When you're talking about a minimum fare that doesn't even register, then they're definitely not paying more if you go a few blocks so that you can actually end the trip.

SuzeCB

I don't know for sure but I think if the trip is within about 33% of the estimate, the fare remains the same as the upfront estimate.

When you're talking about a minimum fare that doesn't even register, then they're definitely not paying more if you go a few blocks so that you can actually end the trip.
That's what I said before! LOL

Derpdederpdederp

Last winter I took a girl around the block and it cost her $40. Granted it was 4 degrees and she had no coat on but damn girl, really?

freddieman

Wow! You guys scare me. Being disabled, I really can't walk that far. I'd tip any driver that picked me up, but it seems many/most here would destroy my rating regardless of circumstance.
The problem is they don’t tip.

How about laying down a $5 or at least a couple bucks and say, “I know this is a short trip, here’s a couple bones for ya”

Fozzie

The problem is they don’t tip.

How about laying down a $5 or at least a couple bucks and say, “I know this is a short trip, here’s a couple bones for ya”
When I order a ride I always tip at least $5 cash, even on short runs.

grayspinner

Unless it is surging, cancel the ride, you'll get paid more than the minimum fare.

On a surge, drive until you can end the trip.

And remember, not everyone with mobility difficulties LOOKS disabled. My youngest has a joint disorder - it causes her pain & fatigue, but you can't tell by looking. In fact, she looks EXTREMELY able - 15 yr old & was a competitive gymnast for 10 yrs. But she has flare ups and during those times, she just can't manage to walk a few blocks.