1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured Ridiculously short rides

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by RDWRER, Sep 2, 2018.

1. RDWRER

RDWRER

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm sorry.... you are going where?!?!

[​IMG]

Fat woman: “Popeyes!”

Me: “There’s also a 24 Hour Fitness there if you want it...” :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
    Clarity, Ziggy, Wazer and 27 others like this.
  2. sellkatsell44

sellkatsell44 Moderator

Did you ask how long she waited?
    Did you mention that during the time she waited she could have gotten there with her own two feet and thus freed up another few bucks for additional side or upgrade a size and that’s fine because

She would have burned the extra calories on the walk over?

:)

3. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Would have been much funnier if she had ordered the Uber to get to the 24-Hour Fitness so she wouldn't have to walk it....:p:p:p

4. RDWRER

RDWRER

Driving:
    UberX
    She waited like 5 minutes extra because the left turn into the Sheraton was not a demand light and just did not want to change even when there was no traffic in the opposite direction... :mad:

5. sellkatsell44

sellkatsell44 Moderator

I seriously woulda asked her.

What’s the worst she can do from genuine curiosity? 1 Star?

Psh.

You can tell her that if she had walked she would have gotten there faster, saved herself a few bucks and with the extra $ upgrade her meal and no problemo bc she burned some calories on the walk over...

Your “tip” to her.

6. RDWRER

RDWRER

Driving:
    UberX
    Only tip I was interested in when I dropped her off was free chicken and looking at her I knew I wasn’t getting any... o_O

7. 7B322E57-C714-4CB5-BB35-3C4099D37E5B.jpeg
    Check out this Lyft SCHEDULED TRIP for within the same complex. Hell no, I didn’t take this fare.

Ziggy, KenLV, KMANDERSON and 5 others like this.
  8. nickd8775

nickd8775

Driving:
    UberX
    It's worth it for the $10 cancel fee

9. IntrusDave

IntrusDave

i think we may have picked up the same woman! I picked up a large Michelle last week, and the ride took longer than just walking.

Attached Files:

10. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    That looks like a wedge maybe a 9 iron to me. You got the hook going on. I like to play a little fade to the right.

11. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    OP, what was the total distance?

My best so far was .23 Miles

12. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    Wow! You guys scare me. Being disabled, I really can't walk that far. I'd tip any driver that picked me up, but it seems many/most here would destroy my rating regardless of circumstance.

13. IntrusDave

IntrusDave

I'm disabled too. I have a nasty little heart condition as well as massive nerve damage in my left knee. I admit that I really get annoyed when perfectly capable people get a ride to go a block or so. But I never give them a low rating for it, after all, it was my choice to pick them up.

Ph, and last week I picked up a guy from his house at 11:15am, drove him 3 blocks to a liquor store where he bought a new bottle of vodka, then drove him back home. He was already pretty drunk when I picked him up, but he was perfectly nice, and I was happy that he wasn't driving. He tipped $2.

14. RDWRER

RDWRER

Driving:
    UberX

And that was only because I had to make the uturn.

george manousaridis likes this.
  15. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    You ever have someone who was lost and couldn't find a location, so they called for a ride to get there? I have...

[​IMG]

Route was too short and it kept asking me if I was cancelling the ride because it wasn't far enough from pickup location. Luckily the lady told me it was ok to drive a few blocks to close it out.

16. Nah, I would never downrate a disabled person—tip or not.

As much as this gig has turned me into a cold-hearted jerk, I still don’t mind helping people.

Ziggy, Pusher, nj2bos and 7 others like this.
  17. Cancel all the time, 100% of the time the cancel fee is worth more than the ride

18. Its for 6 a.m.

You didnt show up with complimentary Starbucks !?!?

So Hard to get Good help nowadays !

" CODEPENDENT " !

Oh wait . . .
    Youre an Uber Driver . . .
    A Natural ENABLER .
    NEVER MIND . . . .

" LOWER RATES MEAN MORE MONEY "!

" NO NEED TO TIP"!

Attached Files:

Rakos and RoWode12 like this.
  19. CJfrom619

CJfrom619

Driving:
    UberX
    That ride wouldn’t have made my top 5 list for short rides. I gave a ride that literally went across the street. It was an out of town couple that didn’t know where the place was...they were embarrassed when I went 150 feet across the street. Actually tipped me $5 as well.

If the ride is going to be short. Then the shorter the better. Nothing worse then a 2 mile ride in 20 minutes of traffic that gets you $3. I’ll take the 2 minute ride that goes .3 miles for the same $3.

20. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    When the app won't let you close out the ride because the travel distance was too short, you don't even have to get permission from the Pax. It's not going to affect their rates at all because it's still going to be a minimum fair ride, so long as you're honest about it and only go another block or two.