ridiculously low fares

leaMay

Hi everyone.
I've been working for about 2 months now. I live in Brevard county where the rates are higher than Orlando and its wonderful but the problem is its usually dead:frown: I go to Orlando to work. I find that Its usually pretty busy even though its saturated but the ridiculously low fares are eating me alive. I know weekend nights are busy but I'm unable to work then. I'm unable to drive for Mears either because I cant commit to a 12 hour shift. I was wondering what your thoughts are and also if there is a near by area with better rates. I don't mind traveling for work if the rates are normal and its somewhat busy, I know Ocala has good rates but is it because its dead there?... Also, I know airport pickups are not allowed but the drivers that do work there - where are the best places to wait?... Thanks everyone, anything would help. (except sarcasm).

Gi joe

Bring movies, books and lots of water in Ocala cause you do sit around a lot. I mean ive even sat for hours on a friday and saturday night!! Hours!! Lol.. basically you need to live here and keep your app on constantly to make between 150 to 200 bucks (although i do avoid driving after 12:30 if i can, so i could make more if i did.. probably cause sometimes i do drive later hours and that extra 2 more trips is just not worth dealing with drunks imo, plus never a surge here). I had my app on 89 hrs last week. Gainseville has tons of rides, but they are short rides... i guess the bar time is still the best time anywhere you go.. i hate that time and try to avoid it, but its garunteed pick ups. Every town seems to have its plus and minus.. i would find that plus and use it.. like here in Ocala i just stay home all day and if i get a ride GREAT i pretend like im a firefighter hurrying to get dressed and go! Good part is i stay home and yes the rates are better, but if they werent i could not afford to drive here.. my goal is 160 a week and sometimes i do that and sometimes i dont. And if i dont, i go to Gainesville to do it, cause you are basically garunteed pick ups almost all day.

Gi joe

Also anytime there is a 5 star passenger, ask them if this is their first ride, and if it is, have them put in ur code.. its an extra 5 bucks for you, and 20 dollars off for them. It turns that 6 dollar trip into an 11 dollar trip..

Shine'ola

SMH, if memory serves me correctly you wanted to argue with drivers on the Facebook page that tried to tell you the deal, now you want to come here (welcome BTW) and somehow it will just miraculously change, well it's not going to change regardless of how cheap gas gets, and you still have to look into the car dealers eyes and hear how much all those chasing your tail miles will cost you....answer...more than you collected from Uber. I know you just can't believe that such a great company like Uber would actually trick you into thinking you are making money with things like calling tolls part of your "earnings". It's a SCAM lady and X2 for you wanting to drive across the state for dimes.

The Mollusk

Hi everyone.
I've been working for about 2 months now. I live in Brevard county where the rates are higher than Orlando and its wonderful but the problem is its usually dead:frown: I go to Orlando to work. I find that Its usually pretty busy even though its saturated but the ridiculously low fares are eating me alive. I know weekend nights are busy but I'm unable to work then. I'm unable to drive for Mears either because I cant commit to a 12 hour shift. I was wondering what your thoughts are and also if there is a near by area with better rates. I don't mind traveling for work if the rates are normal and its somewhat busy, I know Ocala has good rates but is it because its dead there?... Also, I know airport pickups are not allowed but the drivers that do work there - where are the best places to wait?... Thanks everyone, anything would help. (except sarcasm).
In those two months , have you made any money ?

leaMay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bring movies, books and lots of water in Ocala cause you do sit around a lot. I mean ive even sat for hours on a friday and saturday night!! Hours!! Lol.. basically you need to live here and keep your app on constantly to make between 150 to 200 bucks (although i do avoid driving after 12:30 if i can, so i could make more if i did.. probably cause sometimes i do drive later hours and that extra 2 more trips is just not worth dealing with drunks imo, plus never a surge here). I had my app on 89 hrs last week. Gainseville has tons of rides, but they are short rides... i guess the bar time is still the best time anywhere you go.. i hate that time and try to avoid it, but its garunteed pick ups. Every town seems to have its plus and minus.. i would find that plus and use it.. like here in Ocala i just stay home all day and if i get a ride GREAT i pretend like im a firefighter hurrying to get dressed and go! Good part is i stay home and yes the rates are better, but if they werent i could not afford to drive here.. my goal is 160 a week and sometimes i do that and sometimes i dont. And if i dont, i go to Gainesville to do it, cause you are basically garunteed pick ups almost all day.
Thank you so much! Sounds like Gainesville has ore work and better fares only its 2 hours away from me:frown:

leaMay

You live in Brevard and drive to Orlando for $0.65 a mile? Seriously? How do you turn a profit?
You are right it is very difficult. I sometimes catch rides from the port to Orlando airport and that makes it more bearable. I found that I make about 10-12 an hour driving in Orlando (if its busy) for both lyft and Uber at the same time... Thats before gas... After gas I assume it comes down to about 8 an hour.... Its not much but its all I have now... :frown:

leaMay

Also anytime there is a 5 star passenger, ask them if this is their first ride, and if it is, have them put in ur code.. its an extra 5 bucks for you, and 20 dollars off for them. It turns that 6 dollar trip into an 11 dollar trip..
That's a great tip (no pun intended lol) Ill definitely try that! thanks so much! Where in their app do they put the code in while they are already on a ride?

leaMay

SMH, if memory serves me correctly you wanted to argue with drivers on the Facebook page that tried to tell you the deal, now you want to come here (welcome BTW) and somehow it will just miraculously change, well it's not going to change regardless of how cheap gas gets, and you still have to look into the car dealers eyes and hear how much all those chasing your tail miles will cost you....answer...more than you collected from Uber. I know you just can't believe that such a great company like Uber would actually trick you into thinking you are making money with things like calling tolls part of your "earnings". It's a SCAM lady and X2 for you wanting to drive across the state for dimes.
Your memory didn't serve you correctly this time. I have never gone on an Uber FB page.

Shine'ola

Your memory didn't serve you correctly this time. I have never gone on an Uber FB page.
my bad, you're not the only one thinking that driving in Orlando is a good idea, there is another lady from Brevard Co. Why are the rates so low in Orlando you ask ? Because Uber has thousands of people willing to drive for free while they make $1.85 on every ride plus another 20 to 28%

Shine'ola

You are right it is very difficult. I sometimes catch rides from the port to Orlando airport and that makes it more bearable. I found that I make about 10-12 an hour driving in Orlando (if its busy) for both lyft and Uber at the same time... Thats before gas... After gas I assume it comes down to about 8 an hour.... Its not much but its all I have now... :frown:
now add a little depreciation for miles and you are closer to $5 an hour, awesome gig !

Ubertimes

Why don't you get a job in brevard for 10 hour and save your time and money