1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ridiculous Ants

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Seamus, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX
    This is going from bad to worse with the amount of ants.

First picture used to be a honey pot back in 2017. Now.......ridiculously swarming ants!

Second is a Lyft driver who pulls up, sees me with an Uber decal in the window, pulls in front of me and blocks me in to be a car length closer to the exit. Rude mother****ers

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2018
    Emp9, massey, Rakos and 1 other person like this.
  2. mbd

mbd

Pretty soon you will have more ants than pax's
    More accidents between ants to ants
    Than regular accidents

LyftNewbie10 and Seamus like this.
  3. kdyrpr

kdyrpr

I swear they could drop rates to .10 cents a mile and there would still be people out there doing this.

404NofFound, Emp9, Cdub2k and 2 others like this.
  4. mbd

mbd

Restaurants and all other businesses will targets ants
    You got 10% off for vets, teachers, retirees, etcetera...now it will be 20% off for ants, and it will be packed all the time since no pings to worry about

5. It's funny how things change. I used to have a honey-hole I'd go to early in the morning. I'd usually be the only car up there, or maybe one of two. Got plenty of trips. Now, the other morning I turned the rider app on and it looked like a damn ant farm! More and more drivers are signing up for Uber in my dinky town, and we're reaching critical mass. There are way more ants at our airport than there ever were taxis - and the taxi line hardly moved to being with! (The taxis are still there and people are - incredibly - still using them.) I'm just hoping that the rideshare customer "pie" is getting bigger all the time.

touberornottouber and Seamus like this.
  6. Bear1976

Bear1976

I just do three or four pick ups daily these day's. The scabs on the road thinking Uber will take care of all the financial needs can ruin their cars and clean up puke. Thankfully no one has thrown up in my car because I do not go out late night and pick up trashy drunks haha

MadTownUberD likes this.
  7. touberornottouber

touberornottouber

Driving:
    UberX
    That pretty much matches my experience. Here the early morning has become one of the worst times to work. Lots of ants everywhere, few pings. Funny because it used to be the best time.

8. daave1

daave1

I'll just leave this right here...

20111775_43_600_799.jpg

CZ75, AzAppDriver, Emp9 and 14 others like this.
  9. In Cincinnati they just dropped rates to .60 and the dumb ants keep swarming. So many want to drive their cars for free to avoid a job.

Over/Uber, 1974toyota, kdyrpr and 2 others like this.
  10. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    Best. Post. Ever.

Well, at least this week.

.....and its only monday so there is still time to get beaten.

Seamus and 1974toyota like this.
  11. That Lyft driver isn't rude brother, he's D-E-S-P-A-R-A-T-E................................................JMO

i'M Mr Uber, i have a job for you? I pay 1$ a mile? i need 75,000 drivers, so 100K drivers show up? Mr Uber says Hmmm, puts a ad out there says Mr Uber needs drivers pay is 80 cents a mile, 120K show up to drive? Mr Uber says Hmm, So Mr Uber puts a ad out there for drivers Pay is 60 cents a mile? 90K drivers show up, even though Mr uber only needs 75K drivers? Get the Pic? Mr Uber does not care what you think? As long as more drivers show up then leave? Uber is in the drivers seat,jmo. PS maybe the reason Uber is lowering rates is to thin out the herd,JMO

Seamus likes this.
  12. Thats the theory of the "more oppertunities" nag screen.

13. UberBastid

UberBastid

I still say that ... sooner or later, Uber will run out of people.
    I mean ... our economy is good. More jobs than people.

Uber drivers are equal to corner beggers with signs ... they don't work because they DON'T WANNA. Easier to complain that people aren't giving you enough money to buy a 44oz malt likker. Same thing.

14. ROFLMAO, you have a world wide excess supply of unskilled labor, in my lifetime UBER will NEVER run out of people,WHY you may ask? if it got really tough to sign up new drivers guess what? Uber will just raise the drivers cut till they get the new drivers to sign up? If Uber has a excess of drivers in a area, they can cut rates to trim the herd, if Uber does not have enough drivers in a area, they can boost rates they give drivers or do surge, Uber is 1 giant self learning ALGO, welcome to the future son??????????????? LMAO,JMO

islanddriver likes this.
  15. Dan2miletripguy

Dan2miletripguy

Driving:
    UberX
    I get what you are saying about us guys and gals who drive not wanting to work but that's not entirely accurate.

When I go home from a shift I'm mentally exhausted and somewhat physically tired after about 8 hours or so on the road. I put a lot of energy into trying to make each ride pleasant and unique for the rider based on my perception of what they want.

I do this job with all its shortcomings because I love the freedom and I like to drive and maybe that does make me lazy.

But then I just don't GAF. Lolzz

islanddriver and Seamus like this.
  16. UberBastid

UberBastid

And, I bet that guy out there holding a sign that says he's a disabled vet and is hungry so please give me money is going home tired and frazzeled too.
    Sometimes its easier to get a job than to work hard at not working.

It IS a choice -- just like 95% of the homeless out there ... same mentality.

17. mbd

mbd

As long as the rent/mtg + vehicle payments remain high, you will see drivers. Add student loans to the mix.
    Some people are paying 600/ month on vehicle payments, stretched over 6/7 years .

1974toyota likes this.
  18. freddieman

freddieman

At .10 cents a mile, we’ll know who the sexual predators are.

kdyrpr likes this.
  19. Dan2miletripguy

Dan2miletripguy

Driving:
    UberX
    troof.

20. I was in NYC once, a beggar with a sign asked me for a donation, I told him i'm broke, he said what do i do for a living, told him about uber? the pan handler said,. whoa,he gave me $10, told me i needed it more then he does,JMO

Seamus likes this.