• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rideshare Timer for Android

ReviTULize

Just wanted to post a link to our new Android App for rideshare drivers

I was looking for a "floating" timer app to use when I arrived at a location and could not find one that I liked...so, I had it developed. Then I added sending the text for me each time I started the timer, etc... Drivers in Tulsa have been beta-testing it for almost a week. It works great!!

We haven't promoted it yet...as it just went "live" about two hours ago. UP.net readers are really the only ones that know about it. Google will not allow you to set an app as "free" and then make it a "paid" one later, or I would make it free for a day or two for you guys/gals. We will be adding a non text-enabled version in a few days. We have already discussed iPhone capability with our developer. If anyone has ideas or feedback, please message me. I know it will save you a few steps and help with knowing how long you've been at the pickup location and when it's safe to leave. It is available in most English-speaking countries. Hope you like it!!

Rideshare Timer

Rideshare Timer Logo.png

Last edited:

ReviTULize

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it is your default sms app, it should. I use a Project Fi phone, so I can't test it. I can discuss that with my devs and if it's possible, I'll add it. Thanks for the question

ReviTULize

I got it. Double tap to start it. I like it.

I can see the headline -

Uber driver makes $50,000 in just one month !
50,000 Uber riders charged $5 cancel fee in just one day.​
Glad you like it. It's simple, but helps me know when I can leave. The auto-text feature is awesome too. I make contact much quicker and do more rides when it's busy. I forget about it and don't stop it sometimes...if they're at the curb, its amazing how long five minutes is. I'm usually almost to their dropoff point when it dings

Sacto Burbs

This is what it looks like on my phone.

IMG_20150924_204437.jpg

You double tap to start it, stop it, or reset it. Very easy to use. You can drag the timer window around and put it where you want it.

I have been putting off going to the five and dime to buy a cheap plastic timer, and this was only $0.99. A good deal I think.

Thanks ReviTULize

I would have given it a 5 star review on Google Play but I'm not signed up with Google Plus

Are you allowed to change the name to the Ride-hail timer?

Last edited:

Claw Dogs

Just wanted to post a link to our new Android App for rideshare drivers

I was looking for a "floating" timer app to use when I arrived at a location and could not find one that I liked...so, I had it developed. Then I added sending the text for me each time I started the timer, etc... Drivers in Tulsa have been beta-testing it for almost a week. It works great!! The text feature, really only works with Uber, because the number is always the same.

We haven't promoted it yet...as it just went "live" about two hours ago. UP.net readers are really the only ones that know about it. Google will not allow you to set an app as "free" and then make it a "paid" one later, or I would make it free for a day or two for you guys/gals. We will be adding a non text-enabled version in a few days. We have already discussed iPhone capability with our developer. If anyone has ideas or feedback, please message me. I know it will save you a few steps and help with knowing how long you've been at the pickup location and when it's safe to leave. It is available in most English-speaking countries. Hope you like it!!

Rideshare Timer

View attachment 13874
Definitely gonna try this.. Support a fellow Uber Driver / Developer..

edit: just bought.. thanks. i like this. beats manually sending text messages..

Last edited:

ReviTULize

Definitely gonna try this.. Support a fellow Uber Driver / Developer..

edit: just bought.. thanks. i like this. beats manually sending text messages..
Thanks for the support!!! I made it as cheap as Google would let me.
Also nice to have a timer that's easily accessible.

ReviTULize

This is what it looks like on my phone.

View attachment 13939

You double tap to start it, stop it, or reset it. Very easy to use. You can drag the timer window around and put it where you want it.

I have been putting off going to the five and dime to buy a cheap plastic timer, and this was only $0.99. A good deal I think.

Thanks ReviTULize

I would have given it a 5 star review on Google Play but I'm not signed up with Google Plus

Are you allowed to change the name to the Ride-hail timer?
You can also change the translucency (see thru), so its almost invisible on the screen unless you know where it is.
Glad you like and thanks for the feedback. I'll check in the name. If drivers like it, I can pay my graphic person and developer to change it

pizza guy

Was going to go buy a cheap timer but this is cheaper than anything. Nothing worse than waiting six minutes and for a short trip. Can't wait to test it out.

ReviTULize

Was going to go buy a cheap timer but this is cheaper than anything. Nothing worse than waiting six minutes and for a short trip. Can't wait to test it out.
This is how I use it. It's right next to slider when I arrive. Three cancellations tonight, totaling $20

Sacto Burbs

Used it for the first time tonight. 4.8 pax. Local pub. Instead of fumbling with the clock, double tapped the timer and that was it. I had already sent my usual "please confirm pick up location" text, with no reply.

5.01 min and I cancel. $4 net. 5 miles total. Couch to couch 20min. Slooow Sunday afternoon, and I wasn't stuck with long ride to nowhere and deadhead back like I normally am. One more well trained pax.

Get the timer !

Last edited:

ReviTULize

I'm working on a feature that will help with the commute text...
tune in later or look for it in an update.