Rideshare Hub Planned for Downtown

OrlUberOffDriver

There's no way folks are gonna walk to the "rideshare hub"

LOL

ROFL

yeah that's not going to happen.
The only way it could work is, if, a HUGE IF FUber makes it a “Q” for let’s say a 5-7 block area. Similar to MCO but a small area to stage with a limit to about a dozen vehicles.
And, that would be the only way to get a ride.
The boundary could be, Colonial(North) Anderson(South) Hughey (West) and Rosalind (East)

Bob Reynolds

My thought when I first heard this is that it looks like they are putting the que in the middle of a very congested area. If it ends up taking us 20-30 minutes to get into the que and then another 20-30 minutes to get out of the que then it will not be worth the trouble. Why can't we just stage on Church since they close it off anyway?

Also the time is limited from Midnight to 3 AM. If you have an 11PM pick-up it's just as difficult as a 2 AM pickup with the way that area is.

On top of this, the Orlando police department closes and blocks off roads downtown without any rhyme or reason. That contributes greatly to the problem. Add something going on at the Amway Center and you have no way to move traffic and pick up passengers in any reasonable amount of time.

New Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I avoid downtown as much as possible. Finding people is a pain. Picking up people while traffic is behind you is a pain.

2Cents

Yup just what the city needs a bunch of McDrivers picking up inebriated folks in the bus lane. This will be a disaster. You can pretty much forget about surge. If you guys were smart you would all park your vehicles in the bus (pick up) ln with your blinkers on accept all ride requests and just stay there and stage a protest with signs until things get better for drivers. This will catch the attention of the media before the ponzIPO , and maybe shed some light to make things better for drivers... but hey, what do I know?

Shine'ola

surge lol that was nice 3 years ago then the games started, you would have to be insane or just really dumb to play there now with the I 4 construction etc these days, I miss those days but really don't

2Cents

How embarrassing. All drivers will line up in a line at base rates and be made fun at by Millenials.. then again you drivers with high end cars Should NOT do any X pick ups in that area. Why? So these millennials could brag on who got the better fübr? No if you drive a Select vehicle, make them pay for it.
This will only get worse. The race to the bottom for drivers.

Bob Reynolds

Well let's face it. Surge was not much more than a gimmick to rip off the riders that weren't familiar with how Uber really operated. Now, several years later, most riders understand how surge works and wait until the surge has passed before they request a ride. So surge is already on life support and won't be around much longer.