• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rideshare endorsement on your insurance policy!

i’m telling every single pax that gets into my vehicle that i do have the endorsement and have proof and that they should never get into an uber or lyft that the driver can not produce proof of the endorsement! too competitive now and i will take every edge i can! every tom, dick, harry and muhummod thinking they are uber drivers now but lying to their insurance companies about being a rideshare driver. please if you are an honest driver, tell every pax not to get into an uber/lyft unless the driver has proof of the endorsement. scare them and maybe uber/lyft will be forced to clean house!
Why would the PAX give a crap? Once they get in they are covered by UBERS insurance anyway.

FLKeys

What do you get for your $120?
  1. Difference between my policy deductible ($500) and Uber/Lyfts higher deductible if in an accident.
  2. Full coverage during Phase 1 where you are not covered by Uber/Lyft and not covered by your insurance company because you were driving for commercial purposes.
  3. Peace of mind that your insurance company won't drop you if they find out you are driving for commercial purposes.
There may be more benefits but those are the three big ones that come to my mind.

Reactions: njn

oldfart

The rideshare endorsement is to protect the driver when not carrying a passenger or not responding to a ping to pick up a fare. It has nothing to do with the passenger and has zero effect on the passenger.
There you go

Exactly right

BigJohn

People, having a rideshare rider/endorsement onto a personal auto liability policy does one thing and one thing only: Allows the policy to remain in force effectively "bypassing" the commercial use exclusion exemption of the policy.

100hoursuber

i’m telling every single pax that gets into my vehicle that i do have the endorsement and have proof and that they should never get into an uber or lyft that the driver can not produce proof of the endorsement! too competitive now and i will take every edge i can! every tom, dick, harry and muhummod thinking they are uber drivers now but lying to their insurance companies about being a rideshare driver. please if you are an honest driver, tell every pax not to get into an uber/lyft unless the driver has proof of the endorsement. scare them and maybe uber/lyft will be forced to clean house!
Rideshare endorsement is just for yourself not for paxholes, man. You don't need to worry about other drivers don't have it. . They are grown up and their own. Uber has nothing to lose if drivers don't have it or not. Uber don't care about drivers, man.
Post automatically merged:

lol
Even if riders started asking them, which they won't, 99.6% of drivers that do have rideshare endorsement wouldn't be able to provide proof there on the spot.

And what's more, if I got into an Uber as a pax and the driver started going on about how he's covered and other drivers aren't, I'd offer him a cookie.

No one cares.
Proof is not on my policy card, it's in the thick policy book they send me. I don't need to show it to anybody, so it's not on me and it's somewhere in my house.

Yulli Yung

Do you sleep better at night by providing such exceptional service to your riders? I noticed that you are a new member and probably a new driver. It might be better if you gain a little experience before offering your advice here. Just food for thought.

The Gift of Fish

I have a computer with Photoshop on it and a laser printer. I'm good.

Tom Oldman

Think before you talk. It always saved me from embarrassing myself. Lol

Launchpad McQuack

Why not show them x-rays from your physica or drug test.
I show most customers results from my latest driver test.
I provide each customer with a urine sample that they can have independently tested at a lab of their choosing to put their mind at ease. To generate this much urine, I need to constantly have a Big Gulp at hand. The expense adds up over time, but it is a fully tax-deductible business expense as the end result is provided for the benefit of the customer.

BigJohn

His insurance company won't retroactively cancel his insurance policy when they see an uber/lyft sticker on the windshield when they are investigating an accident.
While true, since a sticker on a window means nothing legally, however if they can find clear evidence of using the covered vehicle for commercial purpose, they can and will cancel the policy retroactively to the time that such evidence indicates that commercial activity was taking place.

I have related this TRUE incident before and I will relay it again:

A neighbor's son was doing Uber in an expensive car. He was transporting a Uber paying passenger when he momentarily was not paying attention and hit another car. He did not have a rideshare endorsement on his personal auto liability insurance policy. The car he hit had the same insurance company. Therefore his insurance company found out about the accident and that he was doing Uber. Since it was clear he was using the covered vehicle for commercial purposes at the time of the accident, they canceled his policy retroactive to 12:01 AM that day, meaning at the time of the collision he had NO personal auto liability policy. Somehow, James River (the insurance provider for Uber) found out that his personal auto liability policy was canceled PRIOR to the accident and therefore INVOKED the clause within the Uber insurance that specifically states that the driver and vehicle MUST HAVE a personal auto liability policy IN PLACE AND ACTIVE for Uber provide insurance to be in force. Therefore, they LEGALLY REFUSED to cover his car or his injuries. They only covered liability to the other party and to the Uber passenger he was transporting.

forrest m

I still need to call my insurance to add rideshare coverage (haven't done my first drive yet, planning to start 3/26 or 3/29). Supposedly the cost will be an extra $15 a month. I really should find a cheaper car insurance company, but I have been with this company for over 20 years with the same agent most of that time, and I like being able to talk to a real person who is local.

2Cents

Maybe
While true, since a sticker on a window means nothing legally, however if they can find clear evidence of using the covered vehicle for commercial purpose, they can and will cancel the policy retroactively to the time that such evidence indicates that commercial activity was taking place.

I have related this TRUE incident before and I will relay it again:

A neighbor's son was doing Uber in an expensive car. He was transporting a Uber paying passenger when he momentarily was not paying attention and hit another car. He did not have a rideshare endorsement on his personal auto liability insurance policy. The car he hit had the same insurance company. Therefore his insurance company found out about the accident and that he was doing Uber. Since it was clear he was using the covered vehicle for commercial purposes at the time of the accident, they canceled his policy retroactive to 12:01 AM that day, meaning at the time of the collision he had NO personal auto liability policy. Somehow, James River (the insurance provider for Uber) found out that his personal auto liability policy was canceled PRIOR to the accident and therefore INVOKED the clause within the Uber insurance that specifically states that the driver and vehicle MUST HAVE a personal auto liability policy IN PLACE AND ACTIVE for Uber provide insurance to be in force. Therefore, they LEGALLY REFUSED to cover his car or his injuries. They only covered liability to the other party and to the Uber passenger he was transporting.
Even if they would of stepped up , it would only cover the passenger, not the driver.

Ponzy much?