• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rideshare company idea

nonononodrivethru

Do you know what WOULD take off? Preferred driver settings.

Pax have a list of twenty or so preferred drivers who get first pings on requests based on location.

I've had many passengers tell me they wish I could always be their driver.

Uberbrent

Wingz has the preferred driver, but it’s pre-arranged only...if you’re going to do pre-arranged, why do I need a middleman to take 20%?

Wildgoose

Most of riders will abuse that feature on choosing preferred car. ... If it comes along with good tipping, that feature will force drivers to buy new car. too bad for business. :frown:

I_Like_Spam

Pax have a list of twenty or so preferred drivers who get first pings on requests based on location.

Give them your business card with your direct cell phone # and tell them they can call you directly.

Uber probably won't like it, but they won't care if they don't find out.

lyft_rat

It is known that some complicated matching is already in the alg. I have observed that myself in cases where it was unlikely from my location that I would get a ping from a repeat customer. Its a win-win for driver and pax and the algorithm writers know this. Some say this can also be throttled to reduce the chance of making a private deal with a pax, but I have some regulars for many, many rides week after week.