Rideshare backseats are germier than toilets

Carblar

Keep cleaning wipes and disinfectant wipes in your car and wipe down regularly. The dollar store has them in 40 packs for a dollar. It's a cleaner and healthier environment for you as well as your pax

possibledriver

I call horseshit on the article. The source claims ride share cars have 6 million germs, rentals have 2 million and cabs have 27,000. But your nasty ass toilet has 171. https://www.netquote.com/health-insurance/health-insurance-articles/driving-with-germs Who has an axe to grind? The sample size for their "test" was a total of 9 cars.
Post automatically merged:

I sent the following message to the contact us link @ netquote.com

"I read your infograph re: the number of germs and bacteria in ride share cars, rentals and taxis. You should really put in bold print that the sample size for your test was a whole 9 vehicles. That's hardly a scientific test, it's not even enough to be anecdotal. You should contact every media outlet and have them retract the article because it's unscientific. I'm a ride share driver who works 3 days each week. At least one of those 3 days the car gets a wash. I vacuum almost daily and use disinfectant spray multiple times a day. People stink and my city stinks. I don't want the smell of either lingering in my vehicle. Most ride share cars I've been in have been spotlessly clean. Taxis which you claim to be the cleanest are usually filthy and smell either like a locker room or alcohol. What's the reason you're attempting to malign the ride share industry? Does the author of that page have an ax to grind with ride share? There a lot of ride share drivers on uberpeople.net, local social media ride share driver groups and reddit's r/uberdrivers who are going to take insult when they read that you're maligning us. Would your sponsors like that? I for one will be shopping for a new car insurance policy in June. I won't be using your site. "

Last edited:

sheridens

Keep cleaning wipes and disinfectant wipes in your car and wipe down regularly. The dollar store has them in 40 packs for a dollar. It's a cleaner and healthier environment for you as well as your pax

These are great. I use Pino Clean lemon scented ones which also help with deodorizing. After using these, riders have got into my car and said that they like the "new car" smell.

wicked

I have noticed more people trying to sit up front. The element of this article that caught my attention was the lack of safety features in the back seat. It's true.

There is only a side/curtain airbag in the back seat.

The front seat has knee, head, front, side and side curtain airbags. If I had to choose...