Uber Drivers Forum banner

Rides to Conifer?

Tags
conifer
1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Jimmy Bernat 
#1 ·
I will be needing a ride from Union station to Conifer this Friday around 7:00-7:15 pm. Do Uber drivers go this far out of town? I have never used the service outside the city before and would like to know if i need to arrange for other transportation.

#7 ·
I've had a few people ask me this question... about how far we'd be willing to go. Me personally, I tell them I'd prefer that if they wanted to go a really long ways, to do the ride request, then contact the driver and ask if they think it'd be a problem. If the person is about to go home for the day, that'd save the driver some heartache... otherwise I don't really have a limit. Furthest one I've done so far was to Estes Park, which turned up to be about $60 (my cut) without a surge.

#8 ·
The one I did last winter downtown to W. Vail I regretted about halfway there. I was tired to begin with, I offered to take her there, about half way I was even more tired. Thought for sure I'd be taking a nap in my truck on the way back. The only thing that kept me awake was a bottle of mtn. dew and my windows down for the drive back. I think Kev mentioned in a different thread someone wanting him to go to Aspen. Personally, I'll go where they want, but I'd like a heads up, if it's the middle of the day, Ok, let's go to Aspen, if it's 11 pm, we'll go to Aspen, but I better see $200 cash upfront, in addition to what Uber/Lyft is going to charge, as that's a full tank of gas each way, and I want guaranteed funds for the trip. Not to mention, how exhausting it will be, plus I'm going to need an intravenous drip of caffeine.

#9 ·
Dude if you're only getting 150miles a tank you've got a problem lol

I've turned down a two Colorado Springs Trips , once the guy called first and I told him I couldn't do it the other time I had to cancel after they already got in to my car it was very akward . I understand why don't let you see the destination but it would be really cool if Uber would be more like Lyft in regards to showing the destination on arrival because by the time you've started the trip you can't really cancel you have to end the trip then have uber fix it .

#10 ·
...it would be really cool if Uber would be more like Lyft in regards to showing the destination on arrival because by the time you've started the trip you can't really cancel you have to end the trip then have uber fix it .
I've only accepted a small number of Lyft requests since they implemented the 5min timer. I know the timer starts when I hit [arrive], but I don't see the destination unless I hit [pick up XXXX]. Are you going ahead and hitting [pick up XXXX] so you can see the destination and then canceling the ride if you don't like the destination?

Yesterday I had a Lyft ride request time out with no rider present, but when I began to cancel, I didn't see a "rider not here" option. I then proceeded to fake call the rider (called but then immediately hung up) in case the Lyft system still wants us to call the rider in order to collect the $5 no show fee, but that didn't help. I cancelled and didn't get $5. What's the correct button sequence to collect a $5 no show on Lyft?

#13 ·
If it's Lyft Line, it automatically shows the destination, it's a faint grey line. To get the $5.00, you have to wait till the timer runs out, at that point it will pop up and tell you to call the pax. Twice I've had it do that, as soon as it detected I called the pax, it gave me another box allowing me to No Show the rider. Depending on where the pickup is, I'll call the pax when the timer hits 2:30 sec., because I realize pax, may not be paying attention. Especially if I think it's going to the airport. I had one recently that I called at 2:30, pax said she was coming, timer ran out, I called again she was trying to find her passport, I asked if she wanted me to cancel and she could rerequest, she said no, she tipped me $10 because I waited.

Depending, I'm getting between 225 and 260 miles to a tank of gas, keep in mind I'm only getting about 15 mpg around town. Although lately, if I behave myself, I've been able to stretch it to 16.5 mpg and filling at 1/4 tank, still getting around 250 miles. Obviously the more airports, the better mileage I get since I can set the cruise control.

#14 ·
You can still see the destination on arrival with regular lyft. Its a nice thing I'll click arrive a block away and if I don't like the destination I'll cancel and drive away. I've only done this a few times but it's nice as I hate the awkward cancel while the passanger is in the car.

Man that's some crazy milage I take for granted my 600 to 700 miles a tank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.