Rides for Friends - Just Say No

How do you feel about third party rides?

• No way, too risky.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Sure, hop in whoever you are, what could possibly go wrong?

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Papa Sarducci

How do you feel about people calling in rides for other people when they will not be riding in your car? I think it is a huge liability risk to take a passenger that is not on the waybill or insurance policy. My policy is if the person who booked the ride is not present at pickup then nobody gets a ride. Uber either needs to modify the app so someone doing this can put the name of who we are picking up into the trip request or not allow it. Why should we poor drivers have to bear all of the risk because of an oversight on the part of a multi-billion dollar corporation? If I get in an accident and the person listed on Uber's insurance isn't in my vehicle but his friend is do you think James River will cover it? Insurance companies will find any way they can to weasel out of paying a claim, this one is a slam dunk. If you think Uber will have your back, think again, they will just claim you picked up the wrong passenger and wash their hands of it.

uber strike

uber does not have true identity of riders. we are not even shown a picture of who we are picking up in order to ensure that we are picking up the right person. so i would think that ultimately uber would have to assume responsibility. but you're right, that's expecting way too much from a crooked company. travis is worse than Hillary.

uberist

How do you feel about people calling in rides for other people when they will not be riding in your car? I think it is a huge liability risk to take a passenger that is not on the waybill or insurance policy. My policy is if the person who booked the ride is not present at pickup then nobody gets a ride. Uber either needs to modify the app so someone doing this can put the name of who we are picking up into the trip request or not allow it. Why should we poor drivers have to bear all of the risk because of an oversight on the part of a multi-billion dollar corporation? If I get in an accident and the person listed on Uber's insurance isn't in my vehicle but his friend is do you think James River will cover it? Insurance companies will find any way they can to weasel out of paying a claim, this one is a slam dunk. If you think Uber will have your back, think again, they will just claim you picked up the wrong passenger and wash their hands of it.
There is no difference between the requesting person being in the car with additional pax or not, during a trip it's the uber insurance that covers you, pax and or pedestrians, everyone is covered, even if it turned out to be a ride on a stolen phone, you are still covered.