Ridership has slown down quite alot

GoodorBad

Lately requests have slown down drastically in LA and it's pissing me off. Never in my time of driving for this company have I seen a decline like this. It makes me wonder if we will have rides in the future. The excess amount of drivers also is causing a surplus for a non existent demand for rides.

GILD

Rates must be too high. Uber logic. OR is it service sucks because a driver will not do the job for $2.45? HMMM...

Ubertimes

Lately requests have slown down drastically in LA and it's pissing me off. Never in my time of driving for this company have I seen a decline like this. It makes me wonder if we will have rides in the future. The excess amount of drivers also is causing a surplus for a non existent demand for rides.
No Uber free rides

stuber

Ridership may or may not be down. There just may be an increase in the number of drivers.
Or it could be a hundred other reasons. This is part of the Uber fun. It's almost impossible to ever know anything with any certainty. It's always a guessing game no matter what. The engineers could have programmed a "don't ping random drivers on Fridays" code just for fun or because they're bored, and mean. It means nothing to their bottom line. There's 5000 more nearby cars that could get the ping.

Horsebm

Requests appear to be down and that has a lot to do with more Partner Drivers on the road. Think about it.

kevink

Too many drivers out there now. Went out last night a little earlier than normal. Took an hour before I got my first ping, and then it was one of those immediate cancels. Amazingly enough though, running Lyft got me through that initial drought - was getting steady requests for a good two-three hours. It kept me busy until I had to start going offline and ride it out with Uber for a bit because the 20+ minute distances to pick-ups started up.

JaniceCT

Too many drivers out there now. Went out last night a little earlier than normal. Took an hour before I got my first ping, and then it was one of those immediate cancels. Amazingly enough though, running Lyft got me through that initial drought - was getting steady requests for a good two-three hours. It kept me busy until I had to start going offline and ride it out with Uber for a bit because the 20+ minute distances to pick-ups started up.
Then the important question is why are people using lyft over uber?

UberLaLa

How long have you been driving?

Greguzzi

Time to decrease the rates to increase ridership!
Exactly right. Ubermath dictates that when drivers are making too little, the rates need to be cut so they will make more. Ignorance is strength. War is peace. Travis must never be questioned.

Cape67

As others said, oversaturated market. Some drivers are getting desperate. Watch them idling in 100 degree heat for 45 minutes at the 7-11 down the road only to give up and try "fishing" another spot. Poor bastards. Gotta give them credit for their tenacity though. Surge hardly happens any more. But there will always be a hundred drivers willing to work for sub minimum wage.
And thats kinda where we are right about now.

I_Like_Spam

Or it could be a hundred other reasons. This is part of the Uber fun. It's almost impossible to ever know anything with any certainty. It's always a guessing game no matter what.
This is also why Uber is so adamant about cities fingerprinting/background checking their partners.

It isn't that Uber is against safety, or against red tape, but allowing this will pull the veil off of their numbers as to how many Uber partners there really are in a particular town.

It would reduce the guessing game, by providing answers.

dumbdriver

This is also why Uber is so adamant about cities fingerprinting/background checking their partners.

It isn't that Uber is against safety, or against red tape, but allowing this will pull the veil off of their numbers as to how many Uber partners there really are in a particular town.

It would reduce the guessing game, by providing answers.
is it legal for taxi drivers off duty to take an Uber on a short ride and then write you one star how is that possible