Riders using uber x to move house!

ragnarkar

If you've read my threads, I've put up with a lot of crap from riders but I draw the line when it come to moving large amounts of stuff or heavy stuff. I'm also physically incapable of living very heavy things and I have a poor track record when it comes to breaking other people stuff when moving so I'll flat out refuse.

If it's a suitcase or two, fine. If it's something moderately heavy, sure you prepay me with a tip. If it's over, say, 75 pounds, not gonna physically happen no matter what you pay me, and if you insist, then I'll tell the story of the last time I ended up breaking my friend's dresser when I carried it up the stairs and it fell and how nobody in my circle ever calls me for moving help after the word got out.

Last edited:

steveK2016

We don't have uber select in Sydney which is frustrating as I'm forced to compete with my brand new GTI against 6 year old camrys for the same price!
A GTI doesn't qualify for select, at least not by default, no matter if you submitted it for approval with 2 miles on the odometer.

May be different in other countries, but I believe only one VW qualifies in most cities in the us and it ain't the GTI.

UberChickCC

I had someone use my car to move the contents of a room. Asked if I could make a couple trips back and forth. I told her only small items first and only in the trunk. She brought items to my car & I loadied into trunk. At the destination, I helped unload the items on the curb. While she was bringing things inside, I completed the trip and drove off. Never again.

Oscar Levant

If you've read my threads, I've put up with a lot of crap from riders but I draw the line when it come to moving large amounts of stuff or heavy stuff. I'm also physically incapable of living very heavy things and I have a poor track record when it comes to breaking other people stuff when moving so I'll flat out refuse.

If it's a suitcase or two, fine. If it's something moderately heavy, sure you prepay me with a tip. If it's over, say, 75 pounds, not gonna physically happen no matter what you pay me, and if you insist, then I'll tell the story of the last time I ended up breaking my friend's dresser when I carried it up the stairs and it fell and how nobody in my circle ever calls me for moving help after the word got out.
I agree. As an SUV, occasionally someone will want to move a few furniture pieces, or some guy and gal in a motel with a lot of bags ( I don't lift anything, got a bad back, a couple of suitcases is my limit ) but that's where I put the limit and one trip only. if it's a house, or a complete apartment requiring many trips, FOGEDDABOUDIT. NO WAY JOSE !!! Were are people movers, not furniture movers. Tell them to rent a UHaul, that's what they are for, and they are cheap enough.

Shangsta

A GTI doesn't qualify for select, at least not by default, no matter if you submitted it for approval with 2 miles on the odometer.

May be different in other countries, but I believe only one VW qualifies in most cities in the us and it ain't the GTI.
Shhh he is using this thread to brag about his car let him be lol.

Screwber69

When I first started, this girl had a legit sized bookcase. I have a CRV and it barely fit. I had to wait several minutes for her to get it to the curb (yes, they weren't ready) and then when she got in there was nobody at the destination to help............ so I stupidly helped. Five stars! Best tip I ever got (sarcasm).

I think I helped because subconsciously I wanted to throw my demonseed in her.
And you didn't?

TwoFiddyMile

I have a nice older model pickup truck just sitting at the house. Call and make arrangements.Has trailer hitch receiver,with a choice of trailer hitches.
I have pulled large u haul trailers to Dallas and back ( cheaper than 1 way)
But not at .90 per mile.
$100 flat rate anywhere in the county, right?

Per load.

Red Leader

I have a friend that runs a u-haul business. Van, truck, or decent size box van for 20 bucks a day plus fuel and miles.

How anyone thinks an Uber for moving a lot of stuff is cheaper is beyond me.

Besides, I charge a lot of money for my personal time.