Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Riders and face mask

2K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  MissAnne 
#1 ·
I am getting so tired of riders who do not want to wear face mask. I pull up and do not unlock my doors until their faces are covered. Sometimes they comply but then you get the ones that say my mask is in my pocker or purse and just stand there yanking on the door handle. They then wanna say something rude when they get in. Uber and Lyft should have been told their no distancing a... mask are MANDATORY!

#3 ·
I know Lyft said they are. They are supposedly adding something to the app stating its mandatory and then we can reply if a person does not adhere to wearing a mask, and then they face suspension....lol...I don't allow anyone in my car without one. Their already too close for comfort. A mask is MANDATORY. That's my rule!

#6 ·
Your car your rules . Next time pic up the phone . Pax ( I require you to have a mask !)
If they say no cancel . If they lye typical pull up ask for a mask. They tell you to piss off.
Drive off out of sight wait 5 call and just hang up do not say a word , Click under age minor or no child safety seat collect move on
And to be clear here . These masks will NOT stop the spread of c19 . Unless its a n95 that has 2 straps on it medical grade.
Trust me nobody wears those they will cause sever pain on your face nose .
If you wear them 8 hours your nose may turn blue under the mask . They have to be skin tight no facial hair .

#10 ·
Have Lyft and Uber actually made mask a requirement? I got an e-mail from Lyft in late April recently saying masks are recommended but will be required soon.

If you are so worried about having a mask simply refuse the pax. Lyft and Uber will ban you for whatever reason they want and my bet you will get banned over a false claim of abuse or not wearing a mask anyway.

#16 ·
I believe Uber and Lyft are working on making it mandatory for both rider and driver. How they are going to enforce that... I don't know. LOL a thought just hit me. Bar crowd pukers who can't get their masks off fast enough for the emesis bag or out the window.
Could be good if you get a projectile vomiter... most of it will be on them, and less on your seats, doors & floors.

HEY!!!

If anyone gets a poker with a mask on, pleasepleaseprettyplease post the video?! LMAO

#20 ·
The fact that face masks are something they're enforcing is enough for me to call it quits with uber even after this all passes since i did manage to find a new job when i had no income

My reason is not because of wearing the mask btw but the fact that they can enforce such a thing when they're not our employer and the fact they they already treat drivers like shit anyway

#24 ·
EVERY trip? There is no way.

Anyway, I have six N95 masks. Believe me. I will not drive without wearing those masks.

The fact that face masks are something they're enforcing is enough for me to call it quits with uber even after this all passes since i did manage to find a new job when i had no income

My reason is not because of wearing the mask btw but the fact that they can enforce such a thing when they're not our employer and the fact they they already treat drivers like shit anyway
I am actually very happy they are requiring them. I have been driving while wearing a n95 mask ever since April 1st or so. This is to protect myself but also the passengers. It bugs me that most of the riders can't be bothered to wear a mask and I am glad they are doing something about it. I only hope they follow through with requiring them for the riders.

I feel liek if the rider isn't wearing a mask I should at minimum get an extra $10 for the ride as hazard pay!

#25 ·

Yea I am calling it quits too. I been driving almost 5 years and am certainly sick of the crap. I made great part time money doing it and hate to see it go. But I am not wearing a mask, and have been telling pax that masks are optional. I am not going to be treated like crap and dictated to like an employee, while being told I am an independent contractor. I am an independent contractor and I will work that way.

#27 ·
I contacted support advising them I would not be drive again and what the final straw was. All I got a touchy feely nonsense that doesn't address anything and a header of "No Response Needed". If enough drivers stop driving they will realize the mistake in bottom line as rider can't get rides or have to wait long periods for pickups. Let show them what "Independent Contractor" means and who is in charge in the cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.