1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Rider wont cancle

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by uber1969, Feb 17, 2017.

1. uber1969

uber1969 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    what do you all so when a ride is 20min other way, rider refused to cancle in the first 5 min after i tex him 3 times and called 2 times ?

2. LEAFdriver

LEAFdriver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    Lyft
    Hate to tell you this....but you shouldn't have accepted it in the first place.

Short answer, if you don't plan to pick them up. CANCEL.

3. uber1969

uber1969 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I refuse to drive 10 miles to turn around 20 more. So big guy save you're lyft employee yr speech to someone else. You have no idea which 20 min the direction is. If i accept my ratings dip. Damned if i do , damned if i dont. Thanks for ur 2 cents . Next

4. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Well-Known Member

You took the fare, you go get it or take the acceptance hit. Don't expect the customer to do your "cherry picking" for you. THEY NEED A RIDE OR THEY WOULDN'T BE ON-LINE TO BEGIN WITH!!!!

5. uber1969

uber1969 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    First off , the circle window does not show you direction of the pick up. It shows you the minutes. If you think I'm going to turn around and drive 30 miles to make $3.95 you're foolish. If you do this you're even more dumb than anyone else

kcdrvr15 likes this.

6. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Well-Known Member

Thats why you go to mapping it will tell you if you need to turn around. Simple solution just cancel, take the hit but don't go below 4.9 or you lose the bonuses. It is unprofessional to call the customer to cancel.

Dback2004 likes this.
  7. Beur

Beur Well-Known Member

Add this to your conversation, go ahead and cancel so you don't get charged the cancellation fee, if I cancel you'll get charged.

Uberyouber and 2CV750CC like this.
  8. 2CV750CC

2CV750CC Well-Known Member

nice one

I usually only end up with one of these far away long ones by mistake - when I call I tell them I am 30 mins away if it tells me 20 mins, most of them don't want to wait and cancel anyhow

had a weirdo once who wouldn't cancel, so I turned the phone off and went home, his ride would have been a 3 min ride base fare, guess what, he didn't cancel, not even the next day
    if you cancel one or two here and there it is not the end of your acceptance rate

9. Havoc

Havoc Active Member

You asked for advice but get your panties in a bind when the advice is simple and to the point...

First off, just don't accept the ping and put yourself in that spot, or be ready to drive or cancel, one of two things after the foolish acceptance of a long distance ping.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  10. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    That's when you drive uber for a bit.

uber1969 and 2CV750CC like this.
  11. Rick N.

Rick N. Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Hit arrived, wrong address shown, then call or text pax and tell them the 5 min timer has begun and when it runs out you'll hit no show and they'll get charged cancel fee, tell them it's their last chance before they get a cancel fee, this usually works, if they still won't cancel then you're out of luck cause you won't get the fee and your acceptance rate goes down cause you're not on location. Hope this helps.

12. JuniorSF

JuniorSF Active Member

What ^ he said. Call pax and let them know of time you will get there, but add 10mins or so on total time.

And i also let pax know that since its far away, i will be getting gas first. And that pax wont be charged anyway before i pick them up.

They cancel 99.9% of the time, 0.09% pax doesnt cancel, take your time before leaving spot and drive slowly, they cancel in a min if they see that.

13. uber1969

uber1969 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks. This does

14. uber1969

uber1969 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol. Stupid responses doesnt make my panties in a bind ace

15. luvgurl22

luvgurl22 Well-Known Member

Cancel and inform Lyft.They throw it out of your acceptance rating

16. Havoc

Havoc Active Member

It surely does, buckwheat....

17. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

REFUSE! Stuck it to them -- yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!