Rider Reports Me on 1/2/2019 re: Driving Speed For Ride 30 Days Ago!?

Janabethz

Hey all! I got an email Wednesday night from Uber support about how a passenger on a “recent” trip felt uncomfortable with my driving speed. Here’s the rub, I haven’t driven for Uber since November 15, 2018. I have responded to Uber and haven’t heard back yet. My question, what’s the time limit a passenger can have for reporting a driver after a completed trip? When I first started driving for Uber in 2015, a passenger could rate and leave a comment or complaint up to 72 hours after a completed ride. Is that still true? The “recent” ride was at least 30 days ago. Thanks for all your input.

Last edited:

UberLyftFlexWhatever

Hey all! I got an email Wednesday night from Uber support about how a passenger on a “recent” trip felt uncomfortable with my driving speed. Here’s the rub, I haven’t driven for Uber since November 15, 2018. I have responded to Uber and haven’t heard back yet. My question, what’s the time limit a passenger can have for reporting a driver after a completed trip? When I first started driving for Uber in 2015, a passenger could rate and leave a comment or complaint up to 72 hours after a completed ride. Is that still true? The “recent” ride was at least 30 days ago. Thanks for all your input.
Janabethz heading for pax destination

Nats121

As far as I'm concerned, if a paxhole feels so "unsafe" that they're compelled to report the driver, why the fornicate don't they get their ass out of the car and request another uber?

If I felt unsafe enough to make a complaint, I'd end the trip early and get another uber.

This ain't the Sahara desert. There's shitloads of ubers everywhere.

ECOMCON

As far as I'm concerned, if a paxhole feels so "unsafe" that they're compelled to report the driver, why the fornicate don't they get their ass out of the car and request another uber?

If I felt unsafe enough to make a complaint, I'd end the trip early and get another uber.

Terrified passengers can’t speak, they’re paralyzed, unable to move.

Just screwing with you, ha!
.....pax made the complaint for free ride and future discounts.
Only cost is throwing an uber driver under the bus, and they’re disposable and in plentiful supply

BigRedDriver

Maybe it's the algo? It runs a script comparing your speed data vs the map and sends automatic emails if you exceed the limit.
Not here. Several roads show at 30 mph on Uber, when the speed signs show they are 40 and 45. The red flag comes on every time, and I’ve yet to get one of those emails.

CTK

Maybe it's the algo? It runs a script comparing your speed data vs the map and sends automatic emails if you exceed the limit.
I've been exceeding the speed limit on a regular basis for over three years and never once got an email about it.

You made this up.

Janabethz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been exceeding the speed limit on a regular basis for over three years and never once got an email about it.

You made this up.
Hi Janet,

One of your riders let us know that they felt uncomfortable with your driving speed on a recent trip.

We wanted to share this feedback with you and emphasize the importance of safe driving while using the Driver app. As explained in our Community Guidelines, serious or repeated claims of poor, unsafe, or distracted driving can result in permanent deactivation of a partner’s account.

We appreciate your understanding

Gtown Driver

If you ever start doing Uber you'll get even more vague feedbacks for "professionalism". Which basically means if you have the wrong eye color they can file it under that as a complaint.

Atom guy

Exactly! I was with a passenger for 90 minutes, made 5 stops before the drop off, then 8 DAYS LATER, I get a complaint I was impaired.

Gtown Driver

Exactly! I was with a passenger for 90 minutes, made 5 stops before the drop off, then 8 DAYS LATER, I get a complaint I was impaired.
The pax must have been hungover for at least 4 days to wait that long to complain.

The one time I got deactivated for 2 days I know it was one of the customers I dropped off on a Friday night in DC. I was running around all Friday night and then Sunday afternoon they turned me off for 2 days. Kinda works out that I didn't do New Years Eve because that's the rowdiest drunk night of the year. Easy to get a drunk person assuming you're drunk or trying to get a free ride and then bam "investigation" you're out of money for 2 days or more.

CTK

Hi Janet,

One of your riders let us know that they felt uncomfortable with your driving speed on a recent trip.

We wanted to share this feedback with you and emphasize the importance of safe driving while using the Driver app. As explained in our Community Guidelines, serious or repeated claims of poor, unsafe, or distracted driving can result in permanent deactivation of a partner’s account.

We appreciate your understanding
That's a report from a rider, not an automated email for exceeding speed like the post I replied to had said.