Rider Ratings...

Did you know that riders can go back into their trips and CHANGE their driver rating after the fact!

Uber should remove this feature...perhaps Uber should just ask before they rate a driver if they are sure that this is the rating they want to give before posting it!

I have found that it appears that our fellow Uber drivers give the worst ratings as passengers, especially if your rating is good.

Envious drivers amongst us...Yes for sure!

Attachments

Mvlab

Did you know that riders can go back into their trips and CHANGE their driver rating after the fact!

Uber should remove this feature...perhaps Uber should just ask before they rate a driver if they are sure that this is the rating they want to give before posting it!

I have found that it appears that our fellow Uber drivers give the worst ratings as passengers, especially if your rating is good.

Riders have a God given right to change their minds for any reason, but drivers don't. That means that drivers are not people but just addition to the steering wheel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Riders have a God given right to change their minds for any reason, but drivers don't. That means that drivers are not people but just addition to the steering wheel.
What does that (your post) mean exactly???

Shouldn't their (pax) initial star review be their only available time to post that review?

I can go back into all of my previous trips as a pax and change all of my star ratings...I don't think that that is a fair standard to have as it is based on thatbride at that time, not hours, days or months later! Wouldn't you agree?

john1975

Shouldn't their (pax) initial star review be their only available time to post that review?

I can go back into all of my previous trips as a pax and change all of my star ratings...I don't think that that is a fair standard to have as it is based on thatbride at that time, not hours, days or months later! Wouldn't you agree?
It’s meaningless. It’s pretty easy to be a 4.90 these days with all the ratings forgiveness drivers get. Ratings are definitely very easy on drivers vs pax where I see most pax are below 4.90. Drivers much harder on pax then pax on drivers. So if anything the pax have more of a beef here than drivers.

Mvlab

Too many unfamiliar words. That means that drivers used to be able to change rating too, but it was changed and now we are treated from that perspective as second sort creatures at best.

E30addixt

So if anything the pax have more of a beef here than drivers.
Not really. Pax rating really doesnt mean much. In theory it might mean a slightly longer wait for a ride but even if they eventually get deactivated they can just get a new account.

Low ratings on drivers can mean deactivation and it's not like we can just sign back up again like the riders can.

South Shore Driver

I tested this and was shocked to see that I was able to change a 5 star to a 4 star on an old trip. The only saving grace is that this rider option is buried under an option "I had a different issue". So most riders probably don't know they have this ability.

It's not great but only our last 500 driver ratings matter. If you drive a lot you can get rid of a bad trip that way.

Last edited:

E30addixt

I tested this and was shocked to see that I was able to change a 5 star to a 4 star on an old trip. The only saving grace is that this rider option is buried under an option "I had a different issue". So most riders probably don't know they have this abolity.
Joy. Retaliation ratings.

Mvlab

It’s meaningless. It’s pretty easy to be a 4.90 these days with all the ratings forgiveness drivers get. Ratings are definitely very easy on drivers vs pax where I see most pax are below 4.90. Drivers much harder on pax then pax on drivers. So if anything the pax have more of a beef here than drivers.
Yesterday I picked up 4 students from beloved Bently ( 2 girls, 2 boys) who were going to Harvard Sg. All the way they were talking regular B's, like one of them were going to meet adut film star and she was going to pay for their dinner, etc. I think just for listening to that I deserve much more than $8. But after I dropped them off I found that I have 4 (!) complaints about driving, car smell, car condition ( I have almost new car) and conversation ( hi and by from my side). They obviously were trying to get their money ($15) back because of " terrible experience". Wouldn't it to be right to change their rating? So you, for example, would know whom you are dealing with?

South Shore Driver

I think that rule 1 has to be "protect yourself". If I am unhappy I will give 3 stars and a bunch of comments. This will prevent me from getting them again but hopefully won't hurt their rating bad enough for them to try to figure out how to change their rating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yesterday I picked up 4 students from beloved Bently ( 2 girls, 2 boys) who were going to Harvard Sg. All the way they were talking regular B's, like one of them were going to meet adut film star and she was going to pay for their dinner, etc. I think just for listening to that I deserve much more than $8. But after I dropped them off I found that I have 4 (!) complaints about driving, car smell, car condition ( I have almost new car) and conversation ( hi and by from my side). They obviously were trying to get their money ($15) back because of " terrible experience". Wouldn't it to be right to change their rating? So you, for example, would know whom you are dealing with?
Post automatically merged:

So Monday night, pouring rain, downtown Boston, 5:30pm, you're getting the picture. Uber pool with 2 pax. I'm turning right at a green light at a crosswalk when, and I know you've all been here, two delightfully STUPID pedestrians decide to run infront of my car because it's raining and they have a death wish.

Because I am diligent, I manage to brake, and yes it was a hard break, but I don't have any other choice to avoid hitting the idiotic behavior of our fellow citizens. I have never had to brake so hard before. My pax were safe and also said offenders as they continued running in their direction whilst swearing obscenities to me! Nice!!!

I have 2499 trips under my belt (8 months) and HAD a 5 star rating, yes, hard to keep and even harder to maintain. Fast forward to Wednesday morning and 4.99 on my ratings and a complaint about my braking with a 1 star rating comment included in my ratings.

Instead of the pax commending me on not hitting stupid pedestrians, they instead punished me for it. I remember both separate pax well in this pool ride, neither was rude and actually quite polite and both were rewarded by me with 5 stars, they were truly great examples of what you want in a pax.

Anyway, my dashcam would have proved the events in question in my favor, but I found this to be retaliatory by nature and really unjust by one of these two pax. Yes, it could be said that they did not understand the nature of what had just happened as they are on their phones, but it was a rather harsh jump to a conclusion that was inaccurate. Can't call Uber, we all know there's nothing that can be done to change this outcome.

I always rate drivers 5 stars even when they don't deserve it. This case in point:

I was picked up from the airport last week, female driver, didn't even bother to get out and attempt to get my luggage. Here is what I was greeted with, a filthy car, bad attitude and to top it off Jehovas Witness pamphlets all over her car. She did not offer or attempt to offer an experience, but I still gave her 5 stars, although in this case a good rating was truly unwarranted. She started 8 months ago like me and has a 4.90 rating. Would I have been justified in giving her a lesser rating? More definitely. However as a fellow driver and pax I understand the consequences of low ratings given and received. Pleae note, I always tip in cash too to preserve my rating as a pax.

Ratings although warranted to weed out the crap are NOT justifiable in all cases and I deem them to be quite demeaning to say the very least.

Drivers have earned 80 billion dollars, Uber lost 1.8 billion in 2018, our days are limited I fear. Why wouldn't Uber want that 80 billion profit all to themselves.

I will weather this storm until a robot car takes my hard earned job away from me, of which I work Monday theu Friday 7am-7pm.

More insult to add to injury!

A quintessential double edged sword!

Enough said.

Last edited:

FLUBBER

UBER wants to protect the rider by discouraging us from rating the rider anything other than a 5. Yes riders can go back in and change the driver rating anytime they want and they do UBER does this purposely knowing we know a rider can and will retaliate if we give them a poor rating to they dissaude us from doing so with the system they set up. Also if rider assaults us or abuses us and we must end the ride UBER allows the rider to rate us 1 star so even though they preach about TOS and lutual respect UBER is actually dissuading us from confronting a PAX or ending a ride knowing we know a 1star rating is coming if we do. UBER wants us to endure the maximum amount of abuse possible and with this system and does not back our right to safety security or respect or to maintain the safety and security of the ride in general. Just shut up and drive our riders seems to be the UBER way lol.