Rider Quality

UberGuyMike

In the past 2 months, I've contacted Uber about 8 riders' behavior to either lower their rating or supply more information about why I rated them poorly. Two were yesterday. One guy was hardcore creeping on a 22-year old Kate Upton look alike (I know her age because he asked her). The other was a complete waste of space, entitled horrible person woman. The other six varied from a dude who said my car smelled like dogs, to a couple of young guys who blasted explicit music from their phone in my car and stated the n-word repeatedly.

When complaining, Uber's response indicates that they are focusing effort on educating riders so this should not happen again. I don't see the fruits of their labor, and in fact, I've seen a severe degradation in rider quality recently.

They've also said in the canned response that they put drivers first, but without the in-app tipping, that statement rings very hollow. So, I'm writing here to see if anyone feels the same way. I'm planning to go to the office on Tuesday to express this sentiment in person, and I was wondering if anyone else would like to join?

Kevin Ng

Don't bother my friend, it doesn't change anything, Uber needs riders and drivers, their reply is always try to calm you down & sounds professional but no physical action done to the riders, protect & cover yourself on every ride, all we can do is leave them a one star unless the rider committed a crime in your car, otherwise just get them to their destination ASAP, this is a hit-and-run business, make whatever you can make from it, it is not even a career at all, every day your car get older and older, wear-and-tear all day long !

BostonTaxiDriver

In the past 2 months, I've contacted Uber about 8 riders' behavior to either lower their rating or supply more information about why I rated them poorly. Two were yesterday. One guy was hardcore creeping on a 22-year old Kate Upton look alike (I know her age because he asked her). The other was a complete waste of space, entitled horrible person woman. The other six varied from a dude who said my car smelled like dogs, to a couple of young guys who blasted explicit music from their phone in my car and stated the n-word repeatedly.

When complaining, Uber's response indicates that they are focusing effort on educating riders so this should not happen again. I don't see the fruits of their labor, and in fact, I've seen a severe degradation in rider quality recently.

They've also said in the canned response that they put drivers first, but without the in-app tipping, that statement rings very hollow. So, I'm writing here to see if anyone feels the same way. I'm planning to go to the office on Tuesday to express this sentiment in person, and I was wondering if anyone else would like to join?
Are these always at night or late-night? If so, you may have to switch your schedule, but then your earnings may fall.

Yes I've had two black gay guys out of a gay club a few years ago calling each other the n word...I guess in a good hearted way(?).

It truly is a bus crowd more and more, according to many Uber drivers... not so many Lyft complaints...the cab pax don't seem nearly as bad for whatever reason(s). I actually enjoy the job. I'm unsure if I could enjoy Uber pax full-time.

tohunt4me

Sure they put DRIVERS first.

When they e mail riders,they put riders "first."

When they e mail office support,they put office support" first".

When they e mail investors,they put investors " first" !

UBER- - - EVERYONES BACK STABBING BUDDY !

GOT YOUR BACK PARTNER !

UberGuyMike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You hit the nail on the head

Uber has chosen Quantity over Quality in every aspect.
But they're too smart, and have made too much money to ruthlessly ignore the drivers' experience. Without happy drivers, the whole experience and business falls apart. And my complaints aren't about money. I'm actually fine with the take home pay for the work hours put in. This is basic human decency being ignored, and like BostonTaxi said, it really does feel like a bus crowd more and more.

I'm going to be at the North End office at noon on Tuesday. They need to hear this message, and it would be great if the message came from a group of drivers rather than one guy. Folks listen to groups more than individuals.

tohunt4me

But they're too smart, and have made too much money to ruthlessly ignore the drivers' experience. Without happy drivers, the whole experience and business falls apart. And my complaints aren't about money. I'm actually fine with the take home pay for the work hours put in. This is basic human decency being ignored, and like BostonTaxi said, it really does feel like a bus crowd more and more.

I'm going to be at the North End office at noon on Tuesday. They need to hear this message, and it would be great if the message came from a group of drivers rather than one guy. Folks listen to groups more than individuals.
Uber has been falling apart.

For the DRIVERS.

For the RIDERS.

UBER WILL NOT NOTICE UNTILL THE INVESTORS DRY UP.

WBdriving

I've had one group of kids that where drinking but you could tell it was just how they are even sober! Sneaked on a few open containers and for a 1.5 mile ride left two bottle's, a can and trash in my vehicle. There was 6 of them for uberx and just contacted Uber and they fixed that to the uberXL price. But they wouldn't cover the cleaning of alcohol off my black rug because they "couldn't see" or "smell it". I changed their rating to 1 and refused to go back to their house that night when I got pinged to go there again. Just made a note to never go back to that address again, not worth it. Hopefully with the 1 star rating I'll never hear from them again.

UberGuyMike

I went to the office today, and like many said, it was largely a waste of my time. The guy admitted that the local office knows Support sucks, and he also stated that riders get 3 chances before being locked out of their account. Just thought I'd pass that along.

WBdriving

I really felt with my emails to Uber that I was in a modern day version of the movie The Rainmaker. Each email seems to go to a different department that doesn't know about the other ones and has a smaller staff hence the longer response time the more you try to discus the subject on hand.

Bostonken

Majority of uber X pax are young , punk , and cheap. You know what they say you get what you paid. Uber dirt low micro rate brings the poor young uneducated to the mix. Enjoy it folks. It will last for long time.

Duane Mitchell

I don't know if Uber could handle the specific complaints that you raise. What can they do? Remove the pax from the system?

I think the best thing to do is not pick up pax below a certain rating. Say anything under a 4. Then we have to make sure we rate the pax accordingly.

The issues you cite are not worthy of getting involved in. I don't know what "hardcore creeping" is and I'm sure no one at Uber knows. They are not going to get involved in setting standards for "creeping". Just keep moving. And do you have dogs? I have friends with dogs, their cars smell of dogs. Not pleasant. And the guys who played loud music...dude, get over it. Keep moving.

Last night I had a real a-hole. I kept my cool, got her to where she was going, gave her a 2 rating, and kept moving. I'm not investing in this shit beyond that.

Jerako

Hey guys , appreciate all the insight you give, have a quick question,did my regular business of rides yesterday, everything on the app works except my earnings part. Still haven't seen a ride register on the app. Emailed uber yesterday, still haven't heard from them. Anybody else have this issue?

UberGuyMike

I don't know if Uber could handle the specific complaints that you raise. What can they do? Remove the pax from the system?

I think the best thing to do is not pick up pax below a certain rating. Say anything under a 4. Then we have to make sure we rate the pax accordingly.

The issues you cite are not worthy of getting involved in. I don't know what "hardcore creeping" is and I'm sure no one at Uber knows. They are not going to get involved in setting standards for "creeping". Just keep moving. And do you have dogs? I have friends with dogs, their cars smell of dogs. Not pleasant. And the guys who played loud music...dude, get over it. Keep moving.

Last night I had a real a-hole. I kept my cool, got her to where she was going, gave her a 2 rating, and kept moving. I'm not investing in this shit beyond that.
They definitely can do more than send blast emails to get riders to know that there are certain basic standards to follow while taking an Uber. For example, if a rider is 4.7 or below, they should start a dialogue to try to get to the bottom of it. Don't make the driver wait, keep positive, and be polite is all they need to hear and the rating should go up/experience will improve for the driver. My personal cutoff is 4.4, but even then, sometimes I pick them up to see what their problem is. If I do that, then I know a bad experience is on me.

I don't have dogs, but that guy used enough cologne that seriously, the car smelled like it for an hour after with the windows down. His sense of smell had to be impacted by the years of doing this. And the creep, his friend may have touched this young girl, pointing to a stamp on her hand from being out the night before. This was in a pool ride, and he asked her her age, among other things. Made the ride extremely uncomfortable for me, and I can't imagine what it must've been like for her.

Uber can make riders sign an agreement or acknowledge that they read a rider bill of rights so to speak. Something like that to beat the riders over the head. But you're right, I do need to move on and deal with it to some extent.