• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rider left their phone

Enzo

It's been two weeks, nearly three weeks since a random pax left a $250 phone in my car, no word since then. They haven't tried to contact me or uber. How long do I have to keep this Dang thing? I checked the imei and it still has service and not blacklisted. Weird....

Enzo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, Im familiar with tech so I put it into airplane mode, location off and GPS off. It can't be tracked to my house(which is why I did that) but uber support was already contacted, so did I screw myself over ? I wouldnt have done so if I knew this person would never get back to me to try to get it.

freddieman

It's been two weeks, nearly three weeks since a random pax left a $250 phone in my car, no word since then. They haven't tried to contact me or uber. How long do I have to keep this Dang thing? I checked the imei and it still has service and not blacklisted. Weird....
Have u tried calling one of the contacts on the phone? Preferably the one that says mom, dad, bro, sis, unc, office, etc.? U don’t want to get caught with the phone. Just get the $15 return fee and maybe a tip

Big Wig !!!

Homeless people would enjoy calling family back east.

Enzo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have u tried calling one of the contacts on the phone? Preferably the one that says mom, dad, bro, sis, unc, office, etc.? U don’t want to get caught with the phone. Just get the $15 return fee and maybe a tip

The phone is locked via code

drive4lyft69

I would drop the phone off at the nearest carrier store, and get a receipt from them.

Fishchris

What a bunch of A holes.

I believe in the "Do unto others thing"..... And what's funny is, I'm an atheist.

Good morals come from within.

Coincidentally, a nice lady left her phone in my car last night. This was after a decent airport ride, and a $5 tip. A couple hours later she found a way to call me on her phone. Turns out I was only about 6 minutes away from her....
Plus I was between rides anyway.
As I handed her her phone, she handed me a $20. Granted, I didn't flat refuse it, but I did remind her, and thank her again for her original tip. She insisted and thanked me profusely for returning her phone so quickly, and told me how messed up she'd be without it. Which I totally understand.

In fact, the last phone I returned about a month ago also got me a $20 tip.... Which is nice of course, but the real reason I return phones is because I know how bad I'd be screwed if I lost mine.

And the reason I'd speak up about it here, is because I rarely care what other people think.
Proud to think for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bpr2

What a bunch of A holes.

I believe in the "Do unto others thing"..... And what's funny is, I'm an atheist.

Coincidentally, a nice lady left her phone in my car last night. This was after a decent airport ride, and a $5 tip. A couple hours later she found a way to call me on her phone. Turns out I was only about 6 minutes away from her....
As I handed her her phone, she handed me a $20. Granted, I didn't flat refuse it, but I did remind her, and thank her again for her original tip. She insisted and thanked me profusely for returning her phone so quickly, and told me how messed up she'd be without it. Which I totally understand.

In fact, the last phone I returned about a month ago also got me a $20 tip.... Which is nice of course, but the real reason I return phones is because I know how bad I'd be screwed if I lost mine.

And the reason I'd speak up about it here, is because I rarely care what other people think.
If pax was nice then sure return the phone, I would. If pax was a paxhole though, their karma got them.

Juggalo9er

What a bunch of A holes.

Or around $125 at was mart...screw paxholes like Cindy

Fishchris

If pax was nice then sure return the phone, I would. If pax was a paxhole though, their karma got them.
:smiles: Lol Well, I somewhat agree....

But remember the one I said I returned last month ? Ok, that guy and his friends were not exactly A holes, but they were drunk and somewhat obnoxious.... Plus, somewhat ghettofied lol I totally did not expect a tip. But I was pleasantly surprised that the guy not only tipped me, but without his ghetto friends around (or alcohol, the ret@rded drug that it is) he sounded like a very cool, respectful guy.