• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rider is falsely claiming Inappropriate Behavior

uberboston7

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am hoping to get some support or advice. I've recently completed my 460th ride and have a rating of 4.91. Today, I saw an issue reported under my account. I'm being accused of inappropriate behavior and unwelcome advances towards a rider. I'm a young married woman and am always respectful and courteous to my riders. I'm not interested in engaging in any type of inappropriate behavior with my passengers. I've tried to get in touch with uber to get more information, but no one is getting back to me.

Last week I reported a couple of passengers as they did in fact engage in inappropriate sexual behavior in the back of my car. Uber called me immediately to get more information. And blocked them from my account.

I'm almost certain these are two separate incidents. The one I reported and the one where a passenger reported me.

What do I do? I'm not sure how to approach this issue with them. I have many 5 star comments saying that I'm polite, professional, friendly, and maintain a nice car.

Last edited:

RightTurnClyde

Agree with previous posts, as long as they didn't de-activate you your fine. The only thing you have to worry about is to not let this bother you. I know it stings a little when passengers leave a bad mark on the great rating and feedback that you've earned, but just laugh it off. At the end of the day some people are just scumbags, Uber isn't concerned with taking the matter forward, and there's nothing you can do about it anyways if you even wanted to.

On a side note: I always tell passengers that my rule is to not do anything that would make me not want to put my 2 young kids in the back seat at a later time. Seems to work...

p.s. I have no kids

Last edited:

wk1102

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am hoping to get some support or advice. I've recently completed my 460th ride and have a rating of 4.91. Today, I saw an issue reported under my account. I'm being accused of inappropriate behavior and unwelcome advances towards a rider. I'm a young married woman and am always respectful and courteous to my riders. I'm not interested in engaging in any type of inappropriate behavior with my passengers. I've tried to get in touch with uber to get more information, but no one is getting back to me.

Last week I reported a couple of passengers as they did in fact engage in inappropriate sexual behavior in the back of my car. Uber called me immediately to get more information. And blocked them from my account.

I'm almost certain these are two separate incidents. The one I reported and the one where a passenger reported me.

What do I do? I'm not sure how to approach this issue with them. I have many 5 star comments saying that I'm polite, professional, friendly, and maintain a nice car.
It most likely was the same people. They got a nasty gram from uber and retaliated... let it go, you know you didn't do anything. ..

uberpa

Don't worry about it.
I got a variety pack over there! Totally have no idea what were those about except cancellations.

RockinEZ

I have over 2000 rides and a 4.87 score.
I also received two inappropriate behavior complaints.

Very strange as I am an older guy, and very professional.

I emailed Uber each time (one of those emails and Uber's response is posted on this forum).
They emailed me back and told me I was one of the better drivers and not to worry about it.

What a freaking strange company.

RockinEZ

Hello everyone,

UberBoston7
Here is a link to the email I sent Uber and their response telling me it was nothing to worry about

https://uberpeople.net/threads/ubers-response-to-inappropriate-behavior-text-and-why-i-have-taken-a-week-off-from-driving-uberx.36116/

Lord Summerisle

Hello everyone,

I haven't collected 'inappropriate behaviour' yet but I have one for 'dangerous driving.' I'll be going all out for 'inappropriate behaviour' this weekend.

RockinEZ

I am also evidently pushing some non existent business I don't have.

I keep getting hits for Professionalism. They tell me not to mention other businesses I have.

I am retired, and I drive Uber. That is it. Never mentioned another business, but once a month I get that message.

wk1102

I am also evidently pushing some non existent business I don't have.

I keep getting hits for Professionalism. They tell me not to mention other businesses I have.

I am retired, and I drive Uber. That is it. Never mentioned another business, but once a month I get that message.

It's a canned response, the complaint was about who knows wjat but the closest thing was a professionalism ding. Any complaint about professionalism gets the same canned response from support. Don't open the door for some entitled btch who feels you should, you get a complaint about professionalism, the reply from support is the same.