1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rider highly advise to not pick her up

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Random Uber Driver, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Jean 304 Harold street

Driving down Montrose and I get a ping, I hit accept and navigate but before my phone can calculate my route the pax calls me. I answer and she tells me I have to pull into her long driveway because her door is in the back. Then she asks where am I, am I heading south or north, what vehicle, etc, by the time I get her off the phone my directions tell me to turn right and that I have arrived. I call her and she goes into a rant about using gps, I find her house and she needs help with her bags (older woman so I help her) once all in she says "do you know the fastest way to Hobby" I say "no but my nav will tell me" so I start entering the destination and she says loudly "dont you dare use the gps I dont want to end up on the other side of town just get to 288." I should have ended it there but I needed the ride to get the guarantee (ended up being one short).

As I am pulling out of the driveway she says "dont go that way thats the long way go the other way. jesus I hate when people dont know their way around houston, are you even familiar with this area?" I was pretty shocked every rider I have picked up has been cool as ****, even the chicks who have thrown up were cool up until the vomit. I tell her "Montrose and Westheimer? Yeah I know the area well, I just dont know every little side street where every single person lives." she shuts up and I think **** her this is my car so I enter the navigation and head to 288. We are driving down Monroe and she says "jesus you can feel every little bump back here, do you even shocks?" I think jesus I cannot wait to get this ***** out of here. I drop her off and she says "where is the outside check in" I say "I dont know" so she says "well I am gonna need some help carrying my bags in since there are no carts" I just tell her good luck. she walks away so I just put her bags on the ground and she comes back and says "sir, the check in is right there" like 10-12 feet away. I say what "you want me to drive you there" she just scoffs and grabs her two rolling luggage and leaves me holding the briefcase looking one. She comes back and thanks me for the ride. One stared and moved on.

Bonus round: Elisio 1703 Redwing bluff 4.6* (again I needed a ride towards the guarantee) nothing crazy, he asks to stop at the corner store real quick to get a red bull. I dont mind and he was only gone like 2 min max. we get to his destination several blocks down the street and he asks to leave his half empty can of redbull in here. I say no since I dont have a trash. He just says ugh but I dont want to them to see my drinking a red bull then he gets out. Not to bad, kind of a dick. pick up at your own risk

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Trebor

Trebor

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Do you driver Uber Black?? LOL.

I understand you are trying to get the Guarantee, but whenever someone calls to ask where I am at (before I get there), I tell them "I will be there in a couple of minutes". I then cancel. Bonus if you can wait until the 5 minute mark and "Rider Requested Cancel".

I don't have time for anyone trying to put me in a rush. This one guy texted me telling me he was late for work so he needs a fast ride.. I cancelled. He was in the galleria, so its not like there was a lack of Uber cars that made him late. No reason for us to rush and get a ticket

Now it is okay, to call me if it says I am already there, to figure out what corner I am at. That I can understand. In this case. If she would of only told me to pull into the driveway, that is fine. Even if she is young, she may have trouble walking, which has been the case before.

As for the airport, you did the right thing. It is posted all over the place, that you can not leave your car unattended.

As for the trash, I would of waited for him to shut the door and chunk that can on his lawn. Chances are he will rate you before he goes out in the morning and see's his lawn.

Kmiles, tohunt4me and Richard Cranium like this.
  3. lol. no just uberx. Lately I have been making more than the guarantees lately. I think I am going to cancel more often, especially for those riders that take longer than 5 minutes. Homeboy took his can with him

tohunt4me likes this.
  4. JohnF

JohnF

Driving:
    UberX
    Did you give her a 1 star the rating will take care of her ....

tohunt4me likes this.
  5. hell yeah I one starred her

tohunt4me and Richard Cranium like this.
  6. tripAces

tripAces

Driving:
    UberX
    And this is another reason why I don't drive for guarantees. It forces you like a employee to drive someone. I am a IC so no thanks.

7. last wednesday I drove and barely got 7 riders between 4-8. without the guarantees I would have only made <$50

8. UberMeansSuper

UberMeansSuper

Driving:
    UberX
    I cannot stop laughing at the thought of an old lady saying this! :D:D:D:D:D:D

9. she wasnt elderly. think 50's business woman

10. LA#1x3

LA#1x3

Driving:
    UberX
    If a pax calls me and asks me where I'm at or when will I be there that means they can't wait 5 min or they r really really late. For me that's that's an auto cancel right on the spot I don't need no picky rider who u can never please them. I understand ur guarantee but is it really worth it and u getting 1 stAred also?

tohunt4me likes this.
  11. Bukrub

Bukrub

Driving:
    UberX
    "Where are you at" is an automatic cancel.

Kmiles, Trebor, tohunt4me and 2 others like this.
  12. S
    Some companies have policy against energy drinks.you will get fired for possesing one.
    Last real job I was on ,a young man died of a heart attack on energy drinks.

13. Just one more trip

Just one more trip

Driving:
    UberX
    7 months dead thread resurrection! Nice!

[​IMG]

JCHeights and UberCadi like this.
  14. Kmiles

Kmiles

Driving:
    UberX
    Like Trebor said, cancel. The app shows your location and "ESTIMATED" time of arrival.

My experience with people like that has never been positive.

15. Kmiles

Kmiles

Driving:
    UberX
    This is why I find Uber's cancellation policy irritating. And the fact they'll threaten drivers with deactivation for canceling too much... There's no way we should be forced to deal with wackos like that.

I had two people ping me on Monday night wanting me to drive to IAH because no cars were available in that area. First guy was in Katy. Luckily, I got him to cancel and landed a fare to Atascocita. After that I received a 17 min ping from IAH to Clear Lake. When I finished that, I got a ping. The guy never said where he was but showed he was in the middle of 45. He had moved the pin around. Guy expected me to deadhead 30+ miles to IAH to get his wife. I told him no and he refused to cancel the trip.

When Uber removed the $5 fee, they said it was because drivers were abusing it - fine keep the $5. Now we're still cancelling and now they're accusing drivers of providing a bad experience for the pax.

16. tootsie

tootsie

Driving:
    UberX
    I

I was about to say I have not seen a guarantee in months.