Rider fee $0.50 for canceled trip ?!? What ?

UBERNJ61

I must be dreaming. I don't know if by mistake or if they are starting new jokes regarding a canceled trip that they charge us a $0.50 rider fee . It's getting already ridiculous that you have to check your invoice and payments every hour for those sneaky people stealing from us , yes stealing as they start new things daily or just try it and if you don't notice - money gone. Well I guess they have to make up somewhere because they have to pay Broward money back ($500.000,00) for the time the App was on - not with my money !
Everybody .... watch your money !

:mad:

UBERNJ61

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who cancelled the trip?
I canceled as the customer was a No Show and I was credited $5 , normally Uber takes the 20% which is $1 and I get $4 , I still got the $4 but they now take the $0.50 rider fee and keep the other $0,50. I have no clue why they do it this way but there has to be a reason for them.

EagleEye

I don't think it's for the cancellation. If the riders split the fare, Uber takes a $1.50 fee. It doesn't come from you as the rider pays it.
If you look at your invoice and there is a $1.50 rider fee, there is an arrow on the extreme left of that line - if you click that arrow it says "$0.50 split fare fee applied. Driver payout not affected."

UBERNJ61

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think it's for the cancellation. If the riders split the fare, Uber takes a $1.50 fee. It doesn't come from you as the rider pays it.
If you look at your invoice and there is a $1.50 rider fee, there is an arrow on the extreme left of that line - if you click that arrow it says "$0.50 split fare fee applied. Driver payout not affected."
Thanks for the info ... and just now i received an email from Uber explaining what you said.