Uber Drivers Forum banner

Rider didn't like comments..

905 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Iann 
#1 ·
I recently received a comment from Uber:

"A rider recently claimed feeling uncomfortable with comments you made that they felt were discriminatory".

Never had that before. I was kinda shocked. Then I remember I had one ride which was slightly awkward, but I did not say anything consciously discriminatory. I suppose one could argue it was "unconsciously" discriminatory, but that is one slippery slope. I was very polite and moved the car initially per their request as they forgot something at their hotel. I did so without hesitation and in a positive manner. But did ask one comment during the ride which might have been misconstrued as discriminatory which was "so you are from out of town?". Since I picked them up at an inexpensive hotel on McLaughlin, they might have been defensive - As one of the people concerned was of color I suppose they might have misconstrued my comment as discriminatory. Guess I need to insure there is an easy way out of questions. If people don't answer or delay answering I never continue being conversational. Uber knows my record and it wasn't a huge issue. I am sure they apologized, etc... I did see that the gal who ordered the Uber had a rating of 4.75 Thinking that maybe I should get a dash cam.

#2 ·
Sometimes we say one thing and they hear another. You never know.

Then again, maybe you said something jokingly and they took it wrong.

Maybe you mentioned politics or religion. If you talked about "those Democrats" or "people who don't celebrate Christmas" (for examples) that would be discrimination.

Thinking that maybe I should get a dash cam.
Seriously. You don't have one yet? You know better! Grab a late Black Friday deal somewhere. The investment WILL pay off one day.

#3 ·
Sometimes we say one thing and they hear another. You never know.

Then again, maybe you said something jokingly and they took it wrong.

Maybe you mentioned politics or religion. If you talked about "those Democrats" or "people who don't celebrate Christmas" (for examples) that would be discrimination.

Seriously. You don't have one yet? You know better! Grab a late Black Friday deal somewhere. The investment WILL pay off one day.
Any suggestions?

#4 ·
Dashcam suggests?

There are plenty of thread on them, I had 1 or 2 I recommended. Everyone is different tho...

What I personally did was figure out what I wanted, then went to a car stereo store and compared, then bought on Amazon.

#6 ·
I am an Air Force vet, proudly display sticker in rear passenger window, vet license plate. I got the same canned message and there is no doubt I offended the lady who hated the military, I was not going to apologize for my service. She didn't like me and I could care less. Can you guess my rating, not 5, 4, 3, 2,; hope she got my point, FREEDOM ISN'T FREE.

#7 ·
None of those things. But I did ask "Are you visiting?". It was an awkward ride to begin with. Dead silent. So that might have been misinterpreted as discriminatory. I might have been cranky and set up a bad vibe. My ratings and tips are great aside from this ride.

I had already just bought a new rear view mirror backup cam, which I need to have installed. Once the lines are attached to the fuses, it should be easy to set up a camera facing in, although recording time I hear is an issue. Also bought seat covers! Yeh!! No more throwup on the seats..
I can install your cam for you for no charge.

#8 ·
So if it were my boss telling me someone didn’t like my discriminatory comments, the first thing out of my mouth would be “ what did I say ? “

If it turned out to be discriminatory I’d be fired straight off.

Did Uber fire you? No. Is Uber full of caca? Yes.

#9 ·
I can install your cam for you for no charge.
Wow. That is quite the offer. This is what it entails:
1) Either drilling or finding a hole through license plate lights for the rear camera wire to access the interior.
2) A wire needs to go to a rear light and be sliced into the backup lights.
3) The wire then needs to cross the car while being tucked in so it cannot be seen.
4) With a "fuse kit" (instead of using the lighter which I use for my phone and there would be dangling wires anyway) get main energy to rear view mirror.
The end result ideally is seamless installation so the only wire that can be seen is the one going from the upper rubber frame of the window to the rear view mirror.

#11 ·
@Nerka I haven't forgot about you.
If you haven't taken care of this, we can set a time or meet somewhere so I can install it.
I have all the panel removal tools and everything else to install it.
If you're still waiting on the fuse tap, you can get them at Oriellys for about $5
Also if you're planning on adding a dash cam and hardwiring it so it acts as a sentinel camera we could write a distribution block for about $10

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.