1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Rider Cancellation @ IAH TNC Lot

Discussion in 'Houston' started by M3!, Sep 13, 2015.

1. M3!

M3! New Member

I got a ping to pickup at IAH while I was waiting at the TNC lot. As soon as I left, passenger decided to cancel. Had to turn around and go back to the lot. Does this out me back behind everyone? - FIFO thing in place?

2. itsablackmarket

itsablackmarket Well-Known Member

supposedly no.

3. Bukrub

Bukrub Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If you leave the lot yes. This is why you always call the Pax and confirm where they are and tell them where you will be. Many times Uber drivers will request themselves by moving their pin to the terminal in an effort to get someone out of line.

Richard Cranium likes this.
  4. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's happened to me too ... when I go to the TNC lot at IAH if there are more than 40 cars I just leave. I cant just sit for an hour doing nothing.

itsablackmarket likes this.
  5. M3!

M3! New Member

Very enlightening to hear that Uber drivers would request and cancel to move on the line. I appreciate the advice to call. Sodo you maintain your spot in the line if you stay in the lot after a cancellation by rider?

6. uberparadise

uberparadise Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes. I mean No. I mean maybe I heard drivers are jail braking their phone and putting phantom cars in the line.

7. Kmiles

Kmiles Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    IAH was great before that FIFO crap. But I've been lucky enough to catch people who think they have to place the pin outside of the airport to get an Uber. They usually call right away and tell me where they are.

8. uberparadise

uberparadise Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nice, local knowledge goes a long way. That's way better than sitting around hoping. The riders will cancel especially when they see a car / cab rt in front of them. It's a shame they don't realize the pain they can cause a driver that's been waiting for an hour or more.