Rider calls to change pickup

BKMxl

Hi, so I was on the strip last night, got a ping during surge 1.4 I think, accept it right away, and rider calls me.
Pickup was @Mirage she says our APP messed up we are actually at Harrahs'. Don't we have to pick them up from the ping?

Freebyrdie

Hi, so I was on the strip last night, got a ping during surge 1.4 I think, accept it right away, and rider calls me.
Pickup was @Mirage she says our APP messed up we are actually at Harrahs'. Don't we have to pick them up from the ping?
Oh heck no....they are prolly playing you. Tell them request again with proper pin drop and addy. Likely Harrahs surge was higher and they were playing you. App didn't mess up. She did, knowingly or not.

vegetto

She Played YOU! don't ever PU anyone other than Pin if its diff. from a surge. never thought this would happen to me but a week ago there was Big surges "I exaggerate lol" But enough to get me out, pu a guy at a 1.8 Surge. 3m into the ride he cancelled the whole ride thinking I wouldn't notice "ive read about this didn't think it happen to me" and when I was about to say welll' the ride is over have a goodday middle of street. I noticed on my PAX app where we stopped we were in a 2.4 Zone lol I laughed so hard inside. and said if you want the ride to continue go ahead an rerequest me. and I continued the rest of the way 7 more miles with 2.4. Now I got Lucky...but other than that, never doit cause there dodging Surge and if happens midtrip you ask them to exit vehicle

BKMxl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh heck no....they are prolly playing you. Tell them request again with proper pin drop and addy. Likely Harrahs surge was higher and they were playing you. App didn't mess up. She did, knowingly or not.
Ahh thank you, thought it was fishy, I asked ok where is the pickup at? She said i'll just cancel, and did. :smiles: LOL
So they can't change pickup once the rides accepted, like they can the destination. ? Good to know.
Do you mostly work the strip? I drive a van that gets 22mpg so I've been taking people there then going offline unless there's surge, heading back up north. Not sure it would be worth it for me.

BKMxl

She Played YOU! don't ever PU anyone other than Pin if its diff. from a surge. never thought this would happen to me but a week ago there was Big surges "I exaggerate lol" But enough to get me out, pu a guy at a 1.8 Surge. 3m into the ride he cancelled the whole ride thinking I wouldn't notice "ive read about this didn't think it happen to me" and when I was about to say welll' the ride is over have a goodday middle of street. I noticed on my PAX app where we stopped we were in a 2.4 Zone lol I laughed so hard inside. and said if you want the ride to continue go ahead an rerequest me. and I continued the rest of the way 7 more miles with 2.4. Now I got Lucky...but other than that, never doit cause there dodging Surge and if happens midtrip you ask them to exit vehicle
WOW that's shady, while in your car they cancel.. HELL NO!

BKMxl

I'm up in the NW area and I've been getting alot of pings, most are 10-12min away, last 1 was 5.8m to pick up pax, i go 5m 8min into it and they cancel.
What is the farthest I should be going. ? If there are no drivers up here why isn't uber surging it? if have to drive that far to pick up pax I must be only 1 up here most the time. And my last ride a guy was on face time the entire trip, no headphones 15min and think he left me a 4 star(didn't do anything wrong.). only my 2nd outta 51 trips that I didn't get 5 stars.

Freebyrdie

Ahh thank you, thought it was fishy, I asked ok where is the pickup at? She said i'll just cancel, and did. :smiles: LOL
So they can't change pickup once the rides accepted, like they can the destination. ? Good to know.
Do you mostly work the strip? I drive a van that gets 22mpg so I've been taking people there then going offline unless there's surge, heading back up north. Not sure it would be worth it for me.
I start in the burbs daily, but by trip 1,2 or 3 I'm on the strip. I just let the natural flow of the ping lead my way. One exclusion, I don't accept a ping more then 7 minutes away. Once I make my way to the strip the demand tends to keep me between there and the airport. Riders will try to play the system by dragging their pin to a no surge or lower surge area compared to where they are. ESPECIALLY when they call you to say we are not there we are here....good clue they are trying to cheat the system.

Last edited:

Freebyrdie

I'm up in the NW area and I've been getting alot of pings, most are 10-12min away, last 1 was 5.8m to pick up pax, i go 5m 8min into it and they cancel.
What is the farthest I should be going. ? If there are no drivers up here why isn't uber surging it? if have to drive that far to pick up pax I must be only 1 up here most the time. And my last ride a guy was on face time the entire trip, no headphones 15min and think he left me a 4 star(didn't do anything wrong.). only my 2nd outta 51 trips that I didn't get 5 stars.
If you are in the outskirts.....the demand is lower. The thing is.....a 10 minute ride to PAX could yield you a nice long trip to airport. For me.....I would limit pick up drive to 8-10 minutes max.

empty

Check with the passenger app if the surge is different at their actual location, if it's the same or lower than you can go and get them if they are nearby. Sometimes they will be very far away and obviously then they have to cancel, or you can use the Rider no show option (you need to wait 5 minutes after arriving at the requested location if you want the rider to be charged).

Last edited:

uberxreallysux

T
Riders are stupid they don't know how to use the app. They use their last pick up destination. Just tell them to cancel and request again

Azazel

I had that happen 2 times the last day of edc as many where going out of town they would see me get to the spot and call me to pick them up at another location. Hade 2 that were on mlk and wall st just under the i15 and Charleston one was oh we made a mistake were at sls the other was at circus circuse. Unfortunately i forgot how to speak english and could not understand them so i had to cancel after 5 minutes each time.

UberDude2

If you get a ping and get to the location but they are somewhere else cancel the trip and select the option that says, wrong pick up location (something like that ) you should get a cancellation fee.
If someone cancels on you mid trip pull over to the nearest safe area and let them out. Don't accept another ping from them your just asking for a bad rating. Then message support to let them know the situation because who knows what reason they will come up with for cancelling the ride.
Don't forget, the pasengers talk amongst themselves to see how they can cheat the system.

Uber Steve LV

If the pax cancels and 5 minutes has elapsed and you are in route and on time, you will get cancel fee. Make sure you fight for it. Uber time stamps when you pick it up, and when they cancel. If it is more than 5 minutes, according to Uber policy, you get a cancel fee. If they drop pin off at wrong location, go to that location and wait 5 min, you'll get cancel fee. Even if they call and say they messed up, and go here or there, if it's not to out of the way make an effort, if it is far, just go to pin and collect fee.