Quick story,

>be: me.
>430am last sunday morning.
>been driving since 9pm sat.
>get ping to Bellagio
>"last ride, tired"
>scoop pax, young dude
>"hey hope you dont mind, but I need to be in Anaheim by 10am"
>(quickly does math, decides to get my "by any means on", plus I get 37mpg hwy so @@@@ it)
>pax knocked out before we get to the M on 15, stayed that way til I got off the highway in Cali.
>drops pax off, dude goes "thanks man" and tosses me $100 for gas...
>used less than $40 in gas round trip.
>halfway back into NV before realizing homie was under 1.8x surge for entire trip.
>my cut was $357.~~ +60tip. $60/hr for 7 hours of listening to Joe Rogan shiz.

vegetto

Im pretty sure your probably the only one in vegas this month that drove to Anaheim "could be wrong" Now uber sees who made that only trip, and now they know who you are with the statisitics provided. smh. if this isn't a Story I suggest you delete this quick if they hadn't read this yet. If it remains your post
1. Its BS
2. You don't care they know your Online identity.

uberparadise

Quick story,

>get ping to Bellagio
>"last ride, tired"
>scoop pax, young dude
>(quickly does math, decides to get my "by any means on", plus I get 37mpg hwy so &%[email protected]!* it)
>pax knocked out before we get to the M on 15, stayed that way til I got off the highway in Cali.
>halfway back into NV before realizing homie was under 1.8x surge for entire trip.
Congrats, this is why we all drive.
Now and then it's actually worth it.

TClarkeWasHere

Im pretty sure your probably the only one in vegas this month that drove to Anaheim "could be wrong" Now uber sees who made that only trip, and now they know who you are with the statisitics provided. smh. if this isn't a Story I suggest you delete this quick if they hadn't read this yet. If it remains your post
1. Its BS
Why does it matter of he made the trip.. If we weren't allowed to take trips like tht they would block us from doing so... On another note.. Surprised he didn't hit the mileage cap.

TOBrien

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
1. Its BS
Trip was legit. The entire point of uber is to provide a reliable transportation service matching eager drivers with wanting passangers. The main point of my post was to show drivers that longer rides are worth their time if they choose to make the commitment, which I see often in this forum, they do not. The pax said he had two drivers refuse to drive him, thus impacting the reliability aspect of Uber. I was happy to help the pax out while making a good amout of money for myself as well as Uber with their cut.

dpthree

Meanwhile the passenger could have caught the 1am greyhound to LA for 49 bucks and ubered to Anaheim for 25.
I guess you pay a premium for privacy

uberparadise

Meanwhile the passenger could have caught the 1am greyhound to LA for 49 bucks and ubered to Anaheim for 25.
Some people have the money to blow and he obviously wanted to just get home! It was 4:30 am not 1 am so the greyhound was not an option for him. He was probably very tired and probably hung over / drunk and was willing to pay a premium for the convience. In the gambling world 500 bucks is often just one roll of the dice or turn of the cards.

Freebyrdie

Have you ever been on a greyhound? I did it once...absolutely never again. Worst ride of my life between the seat mate pushing her elbow on me, the hard seats and frequent stops. Besides...he would not make it to Anaheim by 10am taking the bus.

Freebyrdie

Quick story,

>get ping to Bellagio
>"last ride, tired"
>scoop pax, young dude
>(quickly does math, decides to get my "by any means on", plus I get 37mpg hwy so &%[email protected]!* it)
Awesome! I would take that ride in a heartbeat!

vegetto

Why does it matter of he made the trip.. If we weren't allowed to take trips like tht they would block us from doing so... On another note.. Surprised he didn't hit the mileage cap.
It doesn't matter. Hes perfectly Legit. I just mean by him stating what he did here he declared to uber who he is. I thought the whole reason to this forum with avatars was to have anonymity online w/o ramifications from uber. its a pretty rare trip he made...so its it wouldn't be hard for uber to pinpoint him.

vegetto

Trip was legit. The entire point of uber is to provide a reliable transportation service matching eager drivers with wanting passangers. The main point of my post was to show drivers that longer rides are worth their time if they choose to make the commitment, which I see often in this forum, they do not. The pax said he had two drivers refuse to drive him, thus impacting the reliability aspect of Uber. I was happy to help the pax out while making a good amout of money for myself as well as Uber with their cut.
which is fine. I just wish you said something to the effect Ride to Long distance Point B more than 200miles from a location from point A in vegas. and I made like 400$. then its a lot tougher for uber to zero on your Identity. that's what im trying to illustrate

uberparadise

which is fine. I just wish you said something to the effect Ride to Long distance Point B more than 200miles from a location from point A in vegas. and I made like 400$. then its a lot tougher for uber to zero on your Identity. that's what im trying to illustrate
Uber does not hate everyone on this site. Even they realize, we all need a place to vent and express the good and the bad. Uber will not tolerate a personal social media message, tweet, Ect...... that is slanderous and/or vindictive from one of its partners or riders. This forum is independent and gives all of us a chance to express ourselves without retaliation. This site is quite informative and has helped me answer many questions and find answers to problems I have encountered. The Uber training video is just a guide and a first step for us getting started out there. The stories and the what to do and not to do have been very valuable to me. Good laughs now and then as well.

Last edited: