• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ride of the day

Teddy2gloves

As i pull up the stench of booze and cigarettes were oozing through the doors. As they climbed into my car, the foul odor filled the car causing me to throw up in my mouth. We proceeded half mile down the road only to pull up to an Aldi where I waited 7 mins for them to come out with a package of Charmin Extra soft cradled in their arms. On to stop 2, where we pulled up to a liquor store to complete the circle of their lives. Thankfully, Lyft does not allow more than two stops per ride request. As they stumbled out the door, their foul odor remained as I rolled down my windows, turned my app off, and got the hell out of the area.

Immortal

That’s an awful trip. Not fun. Had one of my worst ones ever this week on Lyft. The guy had the wrong pick up location and after calling him he said he was at Cub Foods off 94 and McKnight. He walked up carrying a case of beer, and jumped in the back. He smelled very strongly of urine, to the point of me almost gagging. He was going .4 miles and had entered the wrong destination. I should have kicked him out of my car immediately but figured I could endure that short of a distance of hell. And it was a nice sunny day. Couldn’t even walk his stinky ass home.
My car smelled so bad I had to febreeze it and drive with the windows down for a while before I dared allow another PAX in.
He had a 4.9 rating when I picked him up. Rest assured that is not the case now.

dctcmn

That’s an awful trip. Not fun. Had one of my worst ones ever this week on Lyft. The guy had the wrong pick up location and after calling him he said he was at Cub Foods off 94 and McKnight.
Stories like this are exactly why I drive to the pin, wait 5 min, then collect. No calls (except one ring at the 5 min mark), no babysitting, no exceptions.

Sometimes I think I’m shitty for this rule, but if someone can’t set the pin correctly, they might be too high or drunk to want them in my vehicle. I can see how the 4.9 rating would’ve changed things, tho.

bernynhel

That sux Teddy you will learn the hard way like most of us have and just either eat the 1 star or tell them to GTFO the minute they get in and reek like death/vomit etc. It's your car man your rules.

That said, I took a 4.23 rating to start my night from the burbs .5 mile from my house against my better judgement. It was two young attractive women going downtown. They were super pleasant and we joked and laughed the entire ride. I brought up her rating and mentioned it was really low and she seemed befuddled and said she always tips which I thought yeah right. True to her word though, later in the night $5 showed up. I gave her 5 stars and hope to see her again. You just never know some of the lowest rating riders have been my best tippers.

Duckfan76

I got a ping yesterday sitting in airport queue for terminal 1. 4.4 rating. Got there, guy hops In, I start the trip and destination is Terminal 2. Lmao. I was like WTF man. He was in uber with boss and driver told him he would have to get out there and request another Uber to go to terminal 2? Are you kidding me???? It’s unbelievable someone couldn’t have dropped him at 2 then got back in Queue. Anyway. If that was you Thanks! $4 ride with a $10 tip and right back In line.

Immortal

Stories like this are exactly why I drive to the pin, wait 5 min, then collect. No calls (except one ring at the 5 min mark), no babysitting, no exceptions.

Sometimes I think I’m shitty for this rule, but if someone can’t set the pin correctly, they might be too high or drunk to want them in my vehicle. I can see how the 4.9 rating would’ve changed things, tho.
I can see where that is a workable way to do it. I usually do ok following my ratings guidelines and encounter less garbage PAX. Not that time.