1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Ride is over. Stop talking and leave the car!

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by UberAntMakingPeanuts, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:37 AM.

1. UberAntMakingPeanuts

UberAntMakingPeanuts Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I had this good Christian guy try and preach me the whole ride. It was a ten minute ride that turned into thirty minutes because he couldn't stop talking when we got there. I don't know how he was breathing he didn't even stop to breath! I think I got two words in through the whole trip. Thanks buddy I made 5 dollars in thirty minutes!!!
    I hate people that keep talking after the ride is over. Go away I don't know you!

Santa, Elder66, tohunt4me and 6 others like this.
  2. jgiun1

jgiun1 Active Member

9666F833-0442-4E50-B4EB-FB11A1BCE699.jpeg I had a reborn Christian lady for a surged $96.00 48 miles hour ride....I'm a Christian but the whole time driving I heard the peanuts teacher WA WA WA and I was thinking, what the heck did someone do to you to turn out this way. She never stopped talking for even a minute!!!!!!
    I made a game and counted how many times she said Jesus, it was 78. My main goal was trying to make her say it two times a mile, but failed.

Sad side, she had her two daughters in car that were turning into mom and reminded me of the girls in the movie the shining. "Come play with us Danny"

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:05 AM
    Aharm, SlyWolf, Cndragon and 6 others like this.
  3. HighRollinG

HighRollinG Active Member

4. Tr4vis Ka1anick

Tr4vis Ka1anick Well-Known Member

That's 1.63 Jesuses per mile!

Thank God, praise Jesus & love Mary!

5. jgiun1

jgiun1 Active Member

The best part she was driving to see her son who was going to quit highschool to spend his million dollars....then I got interested and said "your son won a lottery or something" she said no, but the lord is giving him a million and that's not a dream or wish, it's going to happen. I just want him to stay in school and invest it.

That did it, went right back to WA WA WA WA and thought, can't wait till ride is over!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 10:57 AM

6. unPat

unPat Well-Known Member

Did you hold hands and pray at the end ?

7. ratethis

ratethis Well-Known Member

Yeah I’ve had those who want to keep talking I tell them my next ride is waiting, I need to go. Turn the radio up.

sthriftybroke and jgiun1 like this.
  8. jgiun1

jgiun1 Active Member

"Go away I don't know you".....lol

Santa and Uber Crack like this.
  9. Tr4vis Ka1anick

Tr4vis Ka1anick Well-Known Member

10. UberAntMakingPeanuts

UberAntMakingPeanuts Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    No but here's a tip. Pray to Jesus or go to hell!

True. I'm too nice. I need to try this approach. This is just one story of many.

I just want to add that I'm not trying to offend the good Christians. Just the ones that shove it down my throat like they are practicing exorcism.

11. PrestonT

PrestonT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Perhaps a settlement from the Catholic Church? :D;)

12. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

You did the right thing, WaWa has pretty good sandwiches, and their soft pretzels are good AF!

13. jgiun1

jgiun1 Active Member

I just think too much of thought process on anything is not good for mind overall....the lady I had was litterly crazy insane!!!!! Religion or not

LOL
    Nope, she said the lord was giving him the Golden lottery ticket soon.

UberAntMakingPeanuts likes this.
  14. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

That would make this whole story all the more touching. :cool:

15. Irishjohn831

Irishjohn831 Well-Known Member

2 words. Ejector seats

SWLVUber, AllGold, Merc7186 and 2 others like this.
  16. jgiun1

jgiun1 Active Member

I think ten years of driving lyft and uber and figuring out the scams bonus, taking pay cuts & writing on forums we will ALL be clinically insane and be that guy talking to a head rest of a driverless car going to work.

UberwithStuber likes this.
  17. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    I have had that in both the cab and on Uber. The ride is over, please exit. You do have to say it nicely. I just say to them "I have enjoyed talking to you, but I really must get out of here.

We had a cab driver in our company who took this woman to a rough area which was notorious for fences operating there. The customer lived there, so she knew what was what, but the driver kept talking to her. He would not shut up. She kept trying to tell him to end the conversation and go, as a cab driver is a target in that kind of place, but he would not shut up. This was (and still is) a narrow, one way street with parking on both sides. Finally, this van pulled out of an alley one way and stopped in the middle of the street. A hoopty pulled out of a parking space behind him and stopped in the middle of the street. Three thugs came up to his car, yanked him out of it, beat him up, robbed him and trashed his cab.

They let the lady go and did not even bother her, so she called the police, then called the cab company to let us know what happened. I knew this driver. He was NOT very smart in the first place.

18. jgiun1

jgiun1 Active Member

Dude - WK1102, your avatar had me laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

AllGold, Uber Crack and wk1102 like this.
  19. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

That is an actual screenshot.

AllGold, Cndragon, MHR and 2 others like this.
  20. Julescase

Julescase Well-Known Member

I was doing my first late night Saturday bar close shift in West Hollywood and it was bleeding dark red. Picked up a drunk girl at Rage for a 2.8 surge, drove her 1.5 miles home (Grrr!), and the pain in the ass wouldn't STFU and get out if my car! She was going on and on and on about how life sometimes gets you down, blah blah blah, you should totally read this book, blah blah blah.... meanwhile I'm watching my freaking phone screen and the surge is fading quickly, she FINALLY exited the car and I practically brought her lower leg with me as I tore out of there.

I was way too nice back then, now I would obviously just say "hey I just started driving for the night and need to make sure I take advantage of the surge, have a great night buh-byeeeeee!" That B probably cost me $50 and she didn't even tip my ass.