Riddle me this...

OrlUberOffDriver

I’m on Central in front of the Waverly standing next to my rider.

She makes a Select request, it goes to Antonio(not his real name).

She cancels & request again, it goes to Antonio again.

Third time, same thing.

I check her phone, she sees my car right next to her, I log out & the car goes away. So, I know that was me.

I log back on, wait for my car to show up on my riders app & I show also on her app.

She again makes a request, NO GO. Goes to Antonio.

WTF!!!!!!

BTW Antonio was at the Embassy Suites and we were between the Waverly & 310 Lakeside.

Yuri Lygotme

Here is my theory:

Antonio is a new driver. Uber sends pings to new drivers like Antonio so they can brag about how much money they are making. We have seen a couple of those driver on this forum. They come in and ask how come we are so negative while they’re making bank..... and two weeks later they are nowhere to be found on the forum.

And so while Antonio is in the honeymoon phase, he will hopefully convince a friend or two to drive for Uber, thus insuring Uber that there will be a replacement when Antonio quits because he is fed up making $2 an hour

Last edited:

OrlUberOffDriver

Have you taken this passenger before?
Yes. Pick her up in Maitland. Got the request & she calls me saying that 3 drivers have canceled on her & she is late for a meeting.
My first thought...F*** here we go, she gonna rate a 1* because of the others. But, it was a Select at 1.5 surge. So push forward.
As we approach downtown she says: what time do you think I should be at the airport for an 11:30 flight?
The rest is history, she asked me if I would wait on her with her luggage in the trunk. SURE!!!
Btw on the clock $$$$
30 minutes later she comes out, I did the right thing and ended the previous trip.
You know the rest of the story.

Here is my theory:

Antonio is a new driver. Uber sends pings to new drivers like Antonio so they can brag about how much money they are making. We have seen a couple of those driver on this forum. They come in and ask how come we are so negative while they’re making bank..... and two weeks later they are nowhere to be found on the forum.

And so while Antonio is in the honeymoon phase, he will hopefully convince a friend or two to drive for Uber, thus insuring Uber that there will be a replacement when Antonio quits because he is fed up making $2 an hour
Has some credence.

MoreTips

You were probably just to close to the pax phone. Move away 50 feet and it will usually work. Uber doesn't want driver/pax colluding.

2Cents

If you have taken her before more than twice it will go to Antonio even though you are closer. If he has a higher acceptance rate, then it will skip you and go to Antonio first. Remember this is "ride sharing" and not a private transportation company.

OrlUberOffDriver

Once! What is your source of this statement?
If you have taken her before more than twice...

My acceptance stays mostly at 100%

Remember this is "ride sharing" and not a private transportation company.
I don’t give a rats’ crap what you wanna call it.
As an independent I generate my business any way I chose to.

You always manage to say s**t that p****s me off! Get lost!!!!

2Cents

Yup you can generate business how ever you choose, except if you've taken her more than twice the system will pass you over, stalker.

Don't really care if you're pissed off or not.
Deal with it.

Uberdriver_Orlando

HAHAHAHAHHA , that happens to me all the time! I have regulars, they always get someone other then me.

Solution, get fare estimate, then just swipe with square or paypal, or take cash!!

I tried to explain this before. I've been in the middle of surges and get request 15 minutes away a lot.

and why are we all still dealing with this bullchit 1.6 capped surge!!!!!

OrlUberOffDriver

HAHAHAHAHHA , that happens to me all the time! I have regulars, they always get someone other then me.

Solution, get fare estimate, then just swipe with square or paypal, or take cash!!

I tried to explain this before. I've been in the middle of surges and get request 15 minutes away a lot.

That is exactly the way as an independent operates. My square is always plug in so the rider sees it. $$$

2Cents

Yup and you're responsible financially for any damage or accident caused once you swipe that card.

OrlUberOffDriver

Yup you can generate business how ever you choose, except if you've taken her more than twice the system will pass you over, stalker.
There you go. You don’t know crap!!
I have a regular in Bay Hill that I know what time of the day she is requesting(Select) and most times I get the request. I have taken her over 2 dozen times.

Mars Troll Number 4

You'd better have commercial insurance, if anything happens during the ride and you don't it's a second degree misdemeanor..
(up to $500, 60 days in jail, or 6 months probation)

Plus for Orlando you have up to $500 in civil fines, about $300 for Osceola county.

This is ON TOP OF being financially responsible for any passenger injuries/damage. Plus no insurance coverage to fix your car.

Let's say for instance you get T-boned by an uninsured drunk driver, and your passenger gets injured...

6 months in probation, (This is assuming you have a good criminal record, which if your driving uber is a safe assumption)
$500 in criminal fines,
$500 in City of Orlando citations
Your customers ENTIRE hospital bill
Fixing your car
Deactivated by uber (due to criminal charges)

Good luck after that!

Buckiemohawk

Also if you do get a commercial policy read every line of the agreement they send you over the phone. So they can't get around something on technicality

2Cents

He is not going to get commercial insurance. He is a fübr driver thinking he is operating at a profit. He is an " independent contractor generating business how he chooses to."
Let him continue to ride his nicer than average unlicensed taxi.
#fübrn

Mars Troll Number 4

Also if you do get a commercial policy read every line of the agreement they send you over the phone. So they can't get around something on technicality

The solution is to just ask for taxi insurance...

The reason I used to pay $500 a month is because I actually got good insurance.

Was there cheaper.. yes.. was the cheaper good enough... no