1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rich people aren't all that bad.... Here's my experience

Discussion in 'Stories' started by DB2448, Sep 12, 2015.

1. DB2448

DB2448

So I've noticed a lot of people complaining about rich people. Do you dress up nice when you pick up your Paxs? I dress in a blue collar shirt and black business pants. Make sure car has been vaccumed that morning and washed every few days unless it's already clean.

Anyway, back to the point. I've carried elite brass from two different companies, and they were both extremely friendly. Got to chatting with one of them. Before the ride this couple wanted to make an extra stop, so I obliged and told them I would have to leave the trip meter running. They said sure. One stayed in the car, while the wife went in for a quick pick up.

I got a tip from them. It wasn't much, but it was $2 for an eight dollar trip after fees. And remember, they did let me keep the trip meter running.

Another one the guy was friendly, talkative and we had a friendly debate over the recent clowns in politics. We had common viewpoints. Made the trip a heck of a lot faster and even fun.

Remember the key is presentation, engage them in conversation (if they aren't busy) and you may make a friend.

2. UberXTampa

UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    I am speechless. But I must tell you this: not all rich people are classless. You got a couple rich people who still have class. But most of them have lost their empathy to the rest of the population, they believe in trickle down economics, they don't appreciate what you do because you don't matter to them.

3. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    Personally I like rich people.
    Surveys show they generally post in the correct forum.
    o_O

PS: Pretty sure my tank tops are definitely "blue collar" shirts.

4. DB2448

DB2448

And yes, I posted in the right forum. My post was about people, so I posted in "people".

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  5. uberguuber

uberguuber

I think most of the rich people I meet are genuinely nice. It's the fakes and flakes that are the problem. Its the 30K millionaire with two roommates in a place they cant afford or the *****y waitress/instagram model late to a party. "they" are the problem pax.

6. Only service workers tip other service workers. That's how we manage to not accumulate wealth and stay poor. Professionals never tip.

Long live the proletariat!

7. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah, um, no.

8. Thanks for the advice...you must do pretty well. Presentation, I'll keep that in mind.

9. HOUTXRon

HOUTXRon

Wow, elite brass tipping $2 on an $8 trip. Leaves me breathless in addition to being speechless. I guess the regular Joe Shmoe dude who paid me $5 tip on my pathetic $5 X trip yesterday was way better than these elites.

Let the meter running at $0.15 per minute. Wondering how could you have stopped the 'meter' in the app for this trip?

10. DB2448

DB2448

Welcome. It depends. Some days are better than others. We have a mall, upscale hotels, developments and an auto mall plus Carmax where I live.

One day you can make $58 in a couple of hours, the next, you sit all day and only make $10 but it's the afternoon hours that pick up. I've got three plus trips worth $19.99+ on different days from hanging out between 1 and 6pm.

11. DB2448

DB2448

Then perhaps you should "enlighten me" as you seem to have a problem with all my posts.

12. Welcome new drivers, and new members of UberPeople.NET!

'People' is a forum for introductions, for being a person here on the forum. Please take a minute and introduce yourself; tell us where you are from, what kind of car you drive, and how long you have been driving. Tell us what brings you to the rideshare community, and how you feel about it. Share with us anything else you want here that makes you a person.

13. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    ^ Scenic got it.

Not a difficult read.

I'll look at all your posts. I'll then get back to you on the ratio of problems/posts.

My prediction is you're just emo.
    ;)

14. tripAces

tripAces

Driving:
    UberX
    Oh my look everyone he made $2 whole dollars. That coke taste good. :rolleyes:

Actually your story is mute. You put alot into doing your business and you are happy over $2 tip. That is great!
    I don't think they are rich though. Acting and looking is one thing being is another.

I make a week at least $40 in tips in UberX around town. I wear my blue jeans, golf shirt, sneakers and bring my personality. I got a solid $20 tip last week from a guy on his 3rd strike if he gets a DWI. I always Thank people that tip and shake their hand. I Always shake their hand no matter the amount.
    So how many rich people have tipped you based on just being there for them because of life happens. None because what people assume to be rich folk is people looking and acting rich. But those people are fakes and are in horrible debt. If they lost their job they will be on the street. Debt is not being rich it is leasing a dream that can come crumbling down.

Once people stop valuing others above themself people will be better off individually. Once someone learns as I did that celebrities, musicians, top brass at a company are just making more money. Life is so much easier to live. They have same issues as anyone else and same debts. But bigger price tags.

Anyway just hope people that read this understand one valuable point. Stop devaluing yourself to make excuses for others. So call rich are scum but those that worked hard for their money and spend modestly are pleasant people. You will never know how much they really have but you just know they live differently. ;)

15. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    I checked, DR, and you did post under people.

Somehow your post ended up under "Stories" according to the line at the top of the page.
    (Forums>Community>Stories)​
    JM2¢W

16. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    How new are you to this gig? You said, "...and remember, they let me keep the meter running." WTF is that? You actually enjoy making a little over minimum wage and you consider that a positive from the rich people? How long did you wait? Anything over 5 minutes is BS ON Their Part But Then Again, They did tip you. Btw, what other option were you going to get to "keep the meter running" and look at it as some awesome part of the trip?

17. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    They "let" you keep the trip meter running?

That was real nice of them.

Casuale Haberdasher and ocbob2 like this.
  18. DB2448

DB2448

I told them about it, that I could either drop them off at the hotel or at the place where they wanted to go, but advised them I would leave the trip meter on if they wanted me to stay at the stop.

19. KMANDERSON

KMANDERSON

Driving:
    UberX
    Travis is rich

20. Shock

Shock

Driving:
    UberX
    I've no problem with the wealthy, they're reasonably polite.

I do find their conversations are really amusing though - not that I intentionally eavesdrop, but when your in a car together you can't help it. Here, at least, they are absolutely obsessed with what school you went to. Even elderly patrons. It's really weird.

"Last night I met John whose developing a multi-million dollar resort in the Whitsundays, recently came back from Everest base camp and is doing a fun run for AIDS awareness."

"Oh. What school did he go to?"

I guess the Oldboys are still strong.